What is Cordy Glen's trade value?

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

He has no trade value... hasn’t been on the field.

What would make a team pay that money to get him next year and get nothing?

Well, minus this past year, and injury, he's been a very good player. There IS a market for those type of players

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

He has no trade value... hasn’t been on the field.

What would make a team pay that money to get him next year and get nothing?

Duane Brown hadn't been on the field for the final 4 games of 2016 and held out for the first 6 of 2017, and he fetched 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Cordy Glenn missed the final 8 games of 2017, but has a LT contract already and won't be holding out.

37 minutes ago, Bills Freak said:

On NFL Trade Rumors it was suggested that Cordy may have been shopped for a late round pick. Seems pretty low to me for an accomplished Starting left tackle. Thoughts?

Based at how other trades are playing out, I would think 4th round pick.  

Personally, I would much rather keep him than trade him unless he was the icing on the cake to move up for a QB.

Looks like I'm in the minority here but we have a team with a lot of holes and not a lot of depth yet we just so happen to have two good tackles- something that most teams don't have.  It's one of the strongest positions on our roster.  Trading Glenn would just create another hole.  I don't get it at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If his base is $9.25 million and he comes back healthy in the early part of the season is his trade salary for the season based upon the percentage of his base or are his other considerations for the season that have already been paid to the point part of the figure?

I only ask because if he isn't in the Bills' plans, even when healthy, but shows he's back I wonder if you could get a 2nd for him, during the season, from a team in need.

Especially considering his cap hit starts to go down a couple of million after this year.

1 hour ago, Bills Freak said:

On NFL Trade Rumors it was suggested that Cordy may have been shopped for a late round pick. Seems pretty low to me for an accomplished Starting left tackle. Thoughts?

Which is why it's pretty funny that some posters are using him as a key piece to move up into the top 5 of the draft.  lol

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Which is why it's pretty funny that some posters are using him as a key piece to move up into the top 5 of the draft.  lol

Not really. He’s worth more as part of a package than he is straight up for a draft pick. I don’t know about “key piece” because the key pieces are the 2 1sts and maybe next year’s 1st. Some teams want a player too and he would be that player. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not really. He’s worth more as part of a package than he is straight up for a draft pick. I don’t know about “key piece” because the key pieces are the 2 1sts and maybe next year’s 1st. Some teams want a player too and he would be that player. 

And the Giants sure need OL help...

45 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Looks like I'm in the minority here but we have a team with a lot of holes and not a lot of depth yet we just so happen to have two good tackles- something that most teams don't have.  It's one of the strongest positions on our roster.  Trading Glenn would just create another hole.  I don't get it at all.

When we draft Josh Rosen to be the franchise QB it will be much clearer!

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

You have to consider the big contract and recent injury history along with the talent.   If he is healthy they are better off keeping him because he is a good player.  He does not seem like a locker room problem type.

Good point here, not to mention what if Dawkins gets hurt?  Can people envision what would happen there?  

We have the cap room, have a good player under contract, why move him?  For a 4th or 5th?   Cap space?  Cap space doesn't perform on the field.

• Like (+1) 1