What is Cordy Glen's trade value?

Bills are probably better off keeping him, slide him over to the right side and have a bookend set of tackles. Considering how modern NFL defenses are lining up their best pass rushers just as much from the right as they are from the left you can now more than ever justify having a high salaried RT. Dawkins and Glenn give a bookend to both sides. 

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills are probably better off keeping him, slide him over to the right side and have a bookend set of tackles. Considering how modern NFL defenses are lining up their best pass rushers just as much from the right as they are from the left you can now more than ever justify having a high salaried RT. Dawkins and Glenn give a bookend to both sides. 

I agree.  Or move him inside to guard.  Most NFL teams had Glenn projected as G when he was drafted.  Cordy, Dawkins, and Richie are solid.  I have faith in Groy.  We need a backup C and could use upgrade at G or T- whichever position Cordy is not playing.  Starting tackles get paid.  If Cordy is healthy, that is very fair value

• Like (+1) 1

Not very much on his own however if added to a trade up move to say OL starved Giants it might lesson the cost of some draft picks. Not sure but jmo. 

Personlly would like to see him kept and on our line, his deal expires probably when we would need to pay Dawkins. 

In a yr that Tackle position in general is weak in free agency and the draft the Bills need to realize that a healthy Cordy is good asset to have that's of course if he's truly healthy. I wouldnt accept anything less then a 2 for him.  Especially since we only save 3.5 mil if he's traded or released.  From the reports that I've read or heard he's healthy now and will be at OTAs. 

Not many teams have the luxury of 2 LTs on there team i say the Bills should move either Cordy or Dawkins to the right side of the line depending on who's more comfortable making the switch . That move will give us one of the best tackle tandems in the league.  The Bills shouldn't be in the business of patching other teams holes on there oline let those teams use there assets via the draft or free agency.  The only way we should entertain moving him is if he's used to move up in the draft or to outright land a 2nd and 4th rd pk. Duane Brown had similar injury history plus he's 34yrs old and he was traded for a 2 & 3 i believe.  The Bills need to be patient with Cordy at least hold him until the trade deadline next season. 

6 hours ago, simpleman said:

Unless he is still injured, why would you trade him. I thought "Cheap Ralph" was finally gone. When he was healthy he was one of the better tackles in the NFL. The odds of getting a starter in the 4th round or lower are terrible. This gambling addition rampant among the TBD posters is  amazing. Our O line is already a major concern and weakness on the team. Weakening it further is foolish. You want to bring in a rookie QB and destroy his potential behind a turnstyle O-line.  With him gone your oline has a good but aging LG, that just lost their anchoring center, and an up and coming Tackle coming off his rookie year. There is no guarantee Dawkins will continue his growth, especially if you throw him on a line with more rookies and marginally talented players.

I really hope McBeane sees it this way. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I agree.  Or move him inside to guard.  Most NFL teams had Glenn projected as G when he was drafted.  Cordy, Dawkins, and Richie are solid.  I have faith in Groy.  We need a backup C and could use upgrade at G or T- whichever position Cordy is not playing.  Starting tackles get paid.  If Cordy is healthy, that is very fair value

Dawkins-InCog-Groy-(Vlad or Miller)-Glenn is a solid O-line that I would be comfortable with despite a hole at RG. Mills is still there as RT depth (I know people love to hate on Mills but as a backup you could do a lot worse, some people here think that other teams have All-pros off the bench) but they would definitely have to pick up 1-2 interior lineman depth wise and to have an heir apparent for InCog who I think at best has 1 year left. 

But if this team trades Glenn they most likely wouldn't get enough of a return nor would they get any considerable cap relief in 2018, at best they would be trading away a pro-bowl caliber O-lineman for 6 million dollars in cap space in 2019 and 4.8 million cap space in 2018. 

I think unless the Giants want him as a throw-in for a possible trade up to number 2 I would just keep him. Cutting him in 2019 is tolerable as you shed a lot more of his salary. If Glenn is dominant again then12 million for a dominant RT when pass rushers line up at both tackles is a tolerable amount of money to spend at that position and by the time Dawkins would be up for an extension Glenn's deal will be expired or he will be on a new more reasonable deal.