Would you take Jordan Metthews back

on a one year prove it deal? Seems like he had some medical issues that the Buffalo staff were able to find that Philly wasn't and he had surgery in Dec. to repair. Just curious what you guys thought. He was solid, if not spectacular, his other years in the league

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jordan Meh-tthews was expendable in Philadelphia as a slot receiver with Nelson Agholor emerging.  He's just not explosive enough to be an outside receiver and Zay Jones is best suited to play slot which makes Jordan redundant.  Nice guy whom I wish nothing but the best for as he moves on. 

I wouldn’t take him back at the vet minimum (and I’m being serious). He is not a big enough threat. I’d prefer Thompson at the same money. The Bills don’t need another guy that can’t separate or get down the field. They have those guys in Benjamin and Zay. They need speed and quickness at the WR position. He doesn’t offer either.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

He is looking for WR1 money

No he is not.

If Matthews were to be open to a one year prove it deal with low guaranteed with incentives, then yes I would certainly be open.  

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

No he is not.

If Matthews were to be open to a one year prove it deal with low guaranteed with incentives, then yes I would certainly be open.  

Well is the great Magox just says he isn't how can I argue with that? I mean there's this http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/jordan-matthews-confident-of-his-value-in-free-agency/ where he claims to be trending as a #1 wr. I'll just take your opinion instead though.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

on a one year prove it deal? Seems like he had some medical issues that the Buffalo staff were able to find that Philly wasn't and he had surgery in Dec. to repair. Just curious what you guys thought. He was solid, if not spectacular, his other years in the league

Depends upon what he wants.  I think he believes he's worth #1 WR money and if someone offers that, b-bye!

47 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Not interested at all. Thought he was over rated in philly too. they were eager to get rid of him. Had decent stats but had butter fingers

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t take him back at the vet minimum (and I’m being serious). He is not a big enough threat. I’d prefer Thompson at the same money. The Bills don’t need another guy that can’t separate or get down the field. They have those guys in Benjamin and Zay. They need speed and quickness at the WR position. He doesn’t offer either.

Completely agree.  By all accounts, Matthews is a "great guy", but he has never excited me too much as a player. 

I really hope they don't just dismiss Thompson, as he seems to have been throughout his career. He really did make some clutch catches for us down the stretch this year.  His effort was quite noticeable.  They need a burner or two, to add to Jones, Benjamin and Thompson.

• Like (+1) 2

As a Vandy alum I can tell you that this guy can play!  I’d definitely take him back on a one year prove it deal.  He has the talent, just needs to get over the injuries.  If you like what you see coming out of Penn State right now for the draft than you should love this guy.  Same coaching staff at Vandy before they jumped to Penn State.

38 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well is the great Magox just says he isn't how can I argue with that? I mean there's this http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/jordan-matthews-confident-of-his-value-in-free-agency/ where he claims to be trending as a #1 wr. I'll just take your opinion instead though.

“Trending towards” is admitting he isn’t, just that someday he may be.  Like maybe that #12 guy on the Rams (at least on the rams at this moment)  may be some day.