I Do Believe Foles is the Target

H2o

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Good luck shutting people up on a message board... I'm not bad mouthing him but Foles has never been "the guy" and when he was other than that 13 game start in Philly he's been less than advertised. I mean at this stage of his career it will be hard pressed to believe that he just turned into a better QB than he was before am I wrong ? There is only 1 QB I can remember who seemed to be a journeyman his whole career then turned into a franchise QB and that's Rich Gannon so it can happen. 

FTR, Foles came in on Game 5 for the injured Vick (who was 1-3) and led the Eagles to a comeback win (2 TD's in 4th qtr).

He then went 8-2 for the remainder of the season.

The next season (2014) Foles started the season and went 6-2 before breaking his collarbone.

11 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

In 2015 he lost his job to an uninspiring Case Keenum. That's what I was referring too, not Wentz

But that was in 2015.

Like i mentioned at some point, i hope, Eagles Coaching may have helped the Foles realize a bit more of his potential. He certainly showed up when it mattered.

is that something he will be able to carry forward?

Heck i do not know. But Bills should be considering that bet   B-)

8 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Foles would be a terrible choice, he's been mediocre his entire career, was mediocre in the playoffs and had a great game in the Superbowl, this is a classic case of way over inflated value, we need to stop obsessing over other teams garbage QBs and just draft our own, I swear, we as fans, deserve everything we've got in the last 20 years.

whos obsessing : )

Its a hypothetical discussion.  B-)

8 hours ago, NickelCity said:

That's a good point.

J.Fisher..ouch ouch ouch.

7 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

and how ironic that foles and keenum who both suck because of their record with the rams faced off in the nfc championship game.

you noticed that as well ?

On 3/7/2018 at 3:06 PM, horned dogs said:

I'm in the trade up for a QB camp (Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold) in that order. But, The Foles plan is not a bad one if the first one can't be accomplished within reason.

This is exactly were I'm at as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

FTR, Foles came in on Game 5 for the injured Vick (who was 1-3) and led the Eagles to a comeback win (2 TD's in 4th qtr).

He then went 8-2 for the remainder of the season.

The next season (2014) Foles started the season and went 6-2 before breaking his collarbone.

What ! Are you sure ?

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

What ! Are you sure ?

Yes, that was the year Vick was hurt over and over the whole season.

Here is his game log for 2013.

Date G# Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate
9/9/2013 1 PHI WAS W 33-27 * 15 25 60 203 2 0 112.6
9/15/2013 2 PHI SDG L 30-33 * 23 36 63.89 428 2 0 123.4
9/19/2013 3 PHI KAN L 16-26 * 13 30 43.33 201 1 2 49.4
9/29/2013 4 PHI DEN L 20-52 * 14 27 51.85 248 0 0 83.6
10/6/2013 5 PHI NYG W 36-21 * 6 14 42.86 105 0 0 69
10/27/2013 8 PHI NYG L 7-15 * 6 9 66.67 30 0 1 31.9
            77 141   1215 5 3  

58 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

But that was in 2015.

Like i mentioned at some point, i hope, Eagles Coaching may have helped the Foles realize a bit more of his potential. He certainly showed up when it mattered.

is that something he will be able to carry forward?

Heck i do not know. But Bills should be considering that bet   B-)

I know that it was 2015 but that was 3 years ago and that was the last time he went into an NFL season being a starter. (And then lost his job)

3 years as a backup QB or two great games?

I would not bet on 2 great games. Any QB can get hot for two games. He just happened to get hot at the perfect time 

Edited by billsfan11

23 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

Man the thought of this is exciting !

That said nah it isn't going to happen, I just think they are

going to go the safe tt route.

draft a corner, wr, de...

another 7-9/8-8/9-7 blah season.

That depends on your definition of safe.  

Based on the poll many want to move on from Taylor.   

Will keeping it safe fill fill the seats in the stadium?  

On 2018-03-07 at 12:19 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Plan? Foles might not be available with Wentz return date uncertain.  Not much of a plan. 

Wentz is ahead of schedule and may be ready for TC or week one.  Supposedly.  But, that would suggest a trade is more possible.

I wouldn't be surprise if we're going for Foles now that Tyrod has been traded.  I don't see us going into next season with a rookie and Nate Peterman.  I also don't see us giving up a large amount of draft capital to move into the top 5 for a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I said this in the trade topic, but I'll say it here. Foles went to Arizona, his wife is from Arizona, his family lives in Texas...all signs point to him wanted and being granted a trade to Arizona. IMO the Bills are going to trade up and draft a QB, and probably sign a FA like Mccarron as a bridge.

Pass on Foles, trade up for a young QB. I think Foles works in Philly's QB friendly system. Since McNabb they have always made QB's look better than what they are, Kolb, Foles, and even backups like Mark Sanchez looked better on the Eagles than they did on any other team. Foles had one hell of a run but I don't think he would be the right guy for this team. You have the ammo trade up for a rookie. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I wouldn't be surprise if we're going for Foles now that Tyrod has been traded.  I don't see us going into next season with a rookie and Nate Peterman.  I also don't see us giving up a large amount of draft capital to move into the top 5 for a QB.

No way.  Beane has got something in the hopper.

We will see soon!