I Do Believe Foles is the Target

H2o

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He did have a good run. He's had a good run in Philly overall I would say. I think he would fit well in Daboll's offense and I know he's a high character guy as well. I think he would fit in the locker room. I have no sources I base this on, just a gut feeling. 

The thought of Foles as a Bill has grown on me. To have him for 4 years at that contract and draft and develop a guy seems like a great plan.

11 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL at wanting a guy who couldn't win the starting job on any team he was on. 

You could still draft a qb and have Foles 4 yrs for 25 million. 6'6" 243 coming off one of the best playoff runs by a qb in history. Had a season before an injury setback with 27 tds and 2 int. 2700 yds. 119 qb rating in 10 games.  Ya, lol.

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Hey if we can get him for no more than a 2nd, fine, let's kick the tires. But anything more than that is just silly. 

I want to draft a qb, but anyone drafted will need to sit I think. Foles at that price would be ideal for winning now and the future. Any of the fa upgrades at qb would cost a lot more. Maybe could package a player and a pick, I know they want more than a 2nd. I feel like Foles has flashed brilliance and could be coming into his peak form. At that price I think it is definitely worth a shot.

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

It does amaze me that people know so much about what a coach entering his second draft and GM entering his first are looking for.

my hope is that there are one or two that they like/target and we get that guy. I can’t pretend to know what such an unproven staff, especially when you include Dabol, will do.

Great post on both counts.

This is a new mix.

First year didn't go so swimmingly with the Offensive for plenty of reasons. They have to fix that asap.

But we really have little to go on as to how this threesome see the path.
 Part of this years Offseason excitement for me, and i hope others ?

Plenty of work to do

Edited by 3rdand12

4 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I hope not. He played amazing the final two games, but besides that he has been very mediocre over the last few years.

He was also in a very friendly QB system in Philly with more playmakers around him

so he was cheating..:P

He has learned how to win under some very good Coaching as well. To have a backup come in and win the SB is pretty darned fantastic. and he has to win a playoff to get there.

That is credible work IMHO.
Hard for me to believe folks consider this a poor concept. It really is. Even with your points. QBs develop for as long as they play if they are worth a hoot. He has shown that he can play with the big boys. Actually against the very best in the NFL for the last few years. Hmm..

not being harsh, just being saying my say

5 hours ago, horned dogs said:

I'm in the trade up for a QB camp (Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold) in that order. But, The Foles plan is not a bad one if the first one can't be accomplished within reason.

"within reason" seems to be differing to each of us.

Foles may not be the best option. ( I am biased.  And have my reasons  ) but it certainly should be on the Table and Bills talking to Philly.

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL at wanting a guy who couldn't win the starting job on any team he was on. 

gotta have options. always have plan A,B.and C etc.

59 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I want to draft a qb, but anyone drafted will need to sit I think. Foles at that price would be ideal for winning now and the future. Any of the fa upgrades at qb would cost a lot more. Maybe could package a player and a pick, I know they want more than a 2nd. I feel like Foles has flashed brilliance and could be coming into his peak form. At that price I think it is definitely worth a shot.

YEP. Bills are setting up a new Offense and our Line blows donkey.. balloons up.

I do not need to see another Bills Rookie QB get fried in the fire. Keep one in the pot for as long as you are able.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

NFL Live on espn were saying that the Eagles were fairly confident that Wentz's rehab was going well and that he would be ready to play in September.. So maybe they would trade Foles for a second rounder.

there's the key. Wentz, and Philly's confidence in his health.

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

After one of the best 3 game playoff runs in history culminating in a shootout victory vs. Brady's Pats in the SB, I would say it is a bit more than hype. Hype is thinking a guy from Wy. who didn't even play well in college is gonna be the one. Or thinking guys who have never played a down in the NFL are sure things. Don't forget before his collarbone injury Foles had one of the best qb  seasons in recent memory. 27 tds 2 int 2700 yds. 119 rating in 10 games.

Your line of reasoning is sound, but look at Foles’ career - one great season followed by four not-so-good years.  Even this miraculous season was underwhelming.  This MIRACLE season, Foles completed 56% of his passes with a 5-2 TD to INT ratio.  He surely had a nice run in the playoffs, but his career suggests that he won’t be able to continue that success.

I would favor Mike White, Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd/3rd round over trading even a 2nd for Foles.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Your line of reasoning is sound, but look at Foles’ career - one great season followed by four not-so-good years.  Even this miraculous season was underwhelming.  This MIRACLE season, Foles completed 56% of his passes with a 5-2 TD to INT ratio.  He surely had a nice run in the playoffs, but his career suggests that he won’t be able to continue that success.

I would favor Mike White, Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd/3rd round over trading even a 2nd for Foles.

at what year does The Light Coming On Switch  for a QB like Foles expire?

The Coaching Changes in Philly have done him some good i might suggest

Edited by 3rdand12

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

at what year does The Light Coming On Switch  for a QB like Foles expire?

I do have a bit of uncertainty that we have the correct blend of coaching, scheme and players he had in Philly.

Do I believe that we could be getting a QB who could help us if we are able to work towards the above in FA and Draft.....YES

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The argument could be made that L.A. was a dumpster fire (and evidence definitely supports that) that sucked the soul of QB's. He didn't see the field in KC because they had a good starter, and he was signed to be a backup (and did not get a chance to start anywhere else because of the perception he received due to his reputation from the dumpster fire). He was let go from KC because they were planning on drafting a guy and wanted room for the rook to be the backup.   

I agree that you can not judge him based on the Rams experience. Fischer was an offense/QB killer.  Flat out aweful  

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

at what year does The Light Coming On Switch  become unavailable to a QB like Foles expire?

How many QBs have had the”light come on” after 6 mostly nondescript years - the last 3 as a not-sought-after backup.

His career stats can be seen here:  http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

in his last year as a starter he completed 56% of his passes for 186 yards per game with 7 TDS and 10 Ints.  That is below EJ standards.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I do have a bit of uncertainty that we have the correct blend of coaching, scheme and players he had in Philly.

Do I believe that we could be getting a QB who could help us if we are able to work towards the above in FA and Draft.....YES

Bills have had difficulty with QBs for sure !

You are justified in you opinion here. I agree with you. I just think he might bring some great experience with him, as well as a skill set that would work in Buffalo under the new staff.

But I am  admitted Homer at Times :D

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Bills have had difficulty with QBs for sure !

You are justified in you opinion here. I agree with you. I just think he might bring some great experience with him, as well as a skill set that would work in Buffalo under the new staff.

But I am  admitted Homer at Times :D

i want quality QB play so bad for the Bills I'm beginning to think the obsession is unhealthy!:wacko:

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

How many QBs have had the”light come on” after 6 mostly nondescript years - the last 3 as a not-sought-after backup.

His career stats can be seen here:  http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

in his last year as a starter he completed 56% of his passes for 186 yards per game with 7 TDS and 10 Ints.  That is below EJ standards.

I know full well statistics will make your point.

I just do not think that way. To much context to evaluate for me.
But i feel he can run an offense for a couple years better than decently. The search does not end with Foles.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

i want quality QB play so bad for the Bills I'm beginning to think the obsession is unhealthy!:wacko:

It is obviously contagious !!
Trying to trust Beane here.