Chris Cooley: Vikings ready to offer Cousins $91M guaranteed

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fitz is a turnover machine, Keenum did very well this year.

Keenum has those wild careless with the ball moments, even though he only had 7 picks last year. I think they are very comparable players. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

This was leaked for a reason.  Probably by the cousins camp.  Either cousins wants to shake more cash out of someone, or Minnesota is not his first choice.  

If Cousins knows anything leak able then it is tampering.  Minny allowing a leak is borderline. 

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills Make Kelly NFL's Highest-Paid Player

August 19, 1986|Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Jim Kelly, record-setting passer in the United States Football League, became the highest-paid player in the National Football League Monday.

The Buffalo Bills signed Kelly to a five-year contract that, according to Kelly's agents, is worth between $7.5 million and $8 million. The salary, about $1.5 million a year, is at least $200,000 more than quarterback Joe Montana's annual pay with the San Francisco 49ers.

The Bills are hoping to receive instant credibility with fans after winning just 4 of their last 32 games and selling fewer than 20,000 season tickets for the second straight season.

Concurrent with Kelly's signing, the Bills announced that they had waived Art Schlichter, former Ohio State and Indianapolis Colts' quarterback.

....hell that's what the Rockpile Beerman makes today.........

Funny how things turned out for that cousins draft. They got RG3 and everyone thought they were crazy for drafting another QB in the 4th round. Now RG3 (because of horrible handling his rookie year) is out of football and Cousins about hit a major payday. 

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Funny how things turned out for that cousins draft. They got RG3 and everyone thought they were crazy for drafting another QB in the 4th round. Now RG3 (because of horrible handling his rookie year) is out of football and Cousins about hit a major payday. 

The Redskins got one playoff berth from each, and nothing else. :( 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I doubt Cousins is signing a 3 year deal at this point in his career.  My guess is someone will throw a 5 year deal at him...with at least 3 or 4 teams looking seriously at him. 

He did say he was willing to agree to a shorter deal IIRC.    My guess is a min 3 yrs. 

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If Cousins knows anything leak able then it is tampering.  Minny allowing a leak is borderline. 

I highly doubt the Vikings organization would leak its offer inasmuch as there is no immediate benefit to it to drive up the price (e.g., the leak won’t make the Bears, packers, or Lions pay more).  Could it be someone rogue in the organization who leaked (e.g., a head coach who disagrees w management and wants a different QB)?  Absolutely.  

The tampering thing is immaterial.  Sure it’s tampering.  But unless Cousins reports it (that would be a good way to destroy his agent’s career), it won’t go anywhere.  Maybe what I’m saying is that the concept of tampering does not cause me to believe that the leak isn’t from cousins. 

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I doubt Cousins is signing a 3 year deal at this point in his career.  My guess is someone will throw a 5 year deal at him...with at least 3 or 4 teams looking seriously at him. 

Cousins may want to go short and bet on himself.  Imagine hitting FA again in three years if he plays well ...  

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Jim Kelly, record-setting passer in the United States Football League, became the highest-paid player in the National Football League Monday.

The Buffalo Bills signed Kelly to a five-year contract that, according to Kelly's agents, is worth between $7.5 million and $8 million. The salary, about $1.5 million a year, is at least $200,000 more than quarterback Joe Montana's annual pay with the San Francisco 49ers.

The Bills are hoping to receive instant credibility with fans after winning just 4 of their last 32 games and selling fewer than 20,000 season tickets for the second straight season.

Concurrent with Kelly's signing, the Bills announced that they had waived Art Schlichter, former Ohio State and Indianapolis Colts' quarterback.

Thats 32 years ago and about a 10 increase per year. Not a bad annual raise if you can keep the work

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thats 32 years ago and about a 10 increase per year. Not a bad annual raise if you can keep the work

Amazing.  A little while ago I did a thread about QB Salary vs. Team Salary Cap increases.

My math came out like this.

In 2013, Ryan signed for 20.75 million per year and Rodgers for 22 million.

Just adjusting for cap increases only, this year the contracts are worth just over 30 million for Ryan and 32 a year for Rodger.

I relate Cousins as the same type of QB as Stafford.  If that's true I figured Cousins contract would be 28.75 million.

I am really curious to see if those numbers hold up when they all sign new contracts this year.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

But, but, but Ralph was cheap. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Keenum is basically Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Keenum is more what Tyrod's best season would look like (Although Tyrod would have better rushing numbers.) I think it is safe to say that the Vikings view Keenum as a one hit wonder who had a great team around him. Although Cousins isn't a top 5 QB and his slightly above average QB play on a stacked team (on both sides of the ball) might be enough to vault the Vikings into contention the next season or two before that massive cap number starts to hurt other aspects of their roster and they turn into a team similar to the Ravens after Flacco got his massive deal. 

Edited by billsfan89

13 hours ago, teef said:

you and me both.  i don't even understand how they exist.  we should hate applebees together.

Most definitely! I heard that they just micro wave every thing, don't know if this is true but there food sux regardless.

it's My sister-in-law's  son favorite place and goes there EVERY TIME he goes out to eat :sick: !

(Also they only have brioche buns , which I friggin despise. I asked if they had regular buns and they said no)