AFC Team offered a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles - Mort update - want more than 1 and 4

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Look at the NFC Superbowl Winners: Warner, Johnson, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Foles...Only Johnson & Foles 2 out of 17 = not good enough

Look at the AFC Superbowl Winners: Brady, Flacco, Peyton, Big Ben

HOF'ers Peyton = Eli, Warner, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Peyton = 14 rings

Possible HOF'ers = Wilson = 1 ring

Not HOF'ers= Flacco, Johnson & Foles= 2 rings

I am not saying we should not go for a "franchise" QB, whatever parameters used in that term.

You shown the AFC starting QBs, my point was about Brady/Manning.

The NFC shows that over that time frame the best QBs only have 2 SB appearances.

That is reality.

I've seen a lot of posts about Rosen or Mayfield being the Bills QB for 15+ years and 6 SB appearances.

All the Bills have to do is trade up and get him.

If that was guaranteed I wouldn't mind giving up 4 1st round picks!

I have hoped draft after draft for 15 years that the Bills would take a high round talented guy.

If Beane pulls the trigger on the biggest trade of all time, I sure hope he hits because IF he doesn't well.....

The 2018 Draft will be exciting.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I am not saying we should not go for a "franchise" QB, whatever parameters used in that term.

You shown the AFC starting QBs, my point was about Brady/Manning.

The NFC shows that over that time frame the best QBs only have 2 SB appearances.

That is reality.

I've seen a lot of posts about Rosen or Mayfield being the Bills QB for 15+ years and 6 SB appearances.

All the Bills have to do is trade up and get him.

If that was guaranteed I wouldn't mind giving up 4 1st round picks!

I have hoped draft after draft for 15 years that the Bills would take a high round talented guy.

If Beane pulls the trigger on the biggest trade of all time, I sure hope he hits because IF he doesn't well.....

The 2018 Draft will be exciting.

We are good and on the same page!

I get your point with Brady/Manning - they are/were awesome. Go back to the AFC Championship games and aside from Big Ben, you get the "lesser" QBs. Honestly, I hesitate to even go back past like 2013 with a list like this, the game has just changed so much to favor the passing game. Even if Beane pulls the trigger and misses, it really won't change much than where we have been over the past 17 years; an average at best team.

Yeah we will lose a couple second round shots on our next James Hardy's & Terrell Troupe's, we will also miss out on our Donte Whitner's, CJ Spiller's, Leodis McKelvin's & Stephon Gilmore's, but all they did was help us be a middling team that never bottomed out to get a guy without giving up a ton...

On a serious note Rosen's, Darnold's and even Mayfield's are not sure things, otherwise no one would pass on them and the draft is a crap shoot; all you can do is find your best odd's and give it a spin. 

I can't wait to see how FA unfolds when it starts next week, the draft picture will be much clearer...It's a huge draft for us

Wow, a city without a real QB in 18 years not willing to pay a 2nd rounder for this years Superbowl MVP??

Who would have thunk ....:wacko:

Edited by HOUSE

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

More than a 1st and a 4th?!?!  :lol:

What a joke.

Can we stop talking about even entertaining this idea of trading for Nick Foles now?

Hey, I want 5 mil for my $150,000 house??  Still waiting...and waiting....and waiting

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We are good and on the same page!

I get your point with Brady/Manning - they are/were awesome. Go back to the AFC Championship games and aside from Big Ben, you get the "lesser" QBs. Honestly, I hesitate to even go back past like 2013 with a list like this, the game has just changed so much to favor the passing game. Even if Beane pulls the trigger and misses, it really won't change much than where we have been over the past 17 years; an average at best team.

Yeah we will lose a couple second round shots on our next James Hardy's & Terrell Troupe's, we will also miss out on our Donte Whitner's, CJ Spiller's, Leodis McKelvin's & Stephon Gilmore's, but all they did was help us be a middling team that never bottomed out to get a guy without giving up a ton...

On a serious note Rosen's, Darnold's and even Mayfield's are not sure things, otherwise no one would pass on them and the draft is a crap shoot; all you can do is find your best odd's and give it a spin. 

I can't wait to see how FA unfolds when it starts next week, the draft picture will be much clearer...It's a huge draft for us

Yep, we are Bill's fans.  We have suffered.

As to the passing game, I will say that the College game has changed so much it clouds what guys can cut it in the NFL.

The NFL is adapting and I can see a guy like Dabol helping with that.

I had posted too many times on all these "emotional" QB threads that everything is speculation until the QB FA fleshes out.

We all will see soon!

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Wow, a city without a real QB in 18 years not willing to pay a 2nd rounder for this years Superbowl MVP??

In the summer of 2016 I wanted Whaley to dump EJ (by then a blind man could see he wasn't our future) and sign Foles.

Instead Foles went to KC for less than 2 million!

13 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Try reading that again. 

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The rumored offer is a #2, some are having a problem with this

Sorry, shouldn't have quoted you...me bad

So by "city" you meant the people and not the team?  If so, my bad.

I like the idea of getting Foles of course. But I would be scared to trade with the Eagles because they seem smarter than everyone else.

They traded Foles and a 2nd for Bradford. 

Then they traded Bradford for a 1st and a 4th.

Then they get Foles back for nothing.

Now they are trading Foles AGAIN for a first??

Everyone else else are idiots compared to these people. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure the Eagles can get too greedy when it comes to Foles. He just kind of re-discovered his love of the game, so I'm not sure he will be okay with getting traded anywhere. I could see Minnesota or Arizona. I think DeFellipo is going to want to bring back Bradford or bring in Cousins. I think Arizona makes a ton of sense because Foles has a cheap contract, they have very little in the way of cap, he's a good fit with Mike McCoy, and he played at Arizona U. The Cards also really need to consider signing a vet to go with Larry Fitzgerald for the last few years of his career.  I think the Bills could make some sense from a culture standpoint and familiarity with the coaching staff. I could also see Denver if they can't get Cousins, though I am not sure if Foles would like being in a spot where John Elway is breathing down his throat. (I think Elways wants Josh Allen anyway)

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm not sure the Eagles can get too greedy when it comes to Foles. He just kind of re-discovered his love of the game, so I'm not sure he will be okay with getting traded anywhere. I could see Minnesota or Arizona. I think DeFellipo is going to want to bring back Bradford or bring in Cousins. I think Arizona makes a ton of sense because Foles has a cheap contract, they have very little in the way of cap, he's a good fit with Mike McCoy, and he played at Arizona U. The Cards also really need to consider signing a vet to go with Larry Fitzgerald for the last few years of his career.  I think the Bills could make some sense from a culture standpoint and familiarity with the coaching staff. I could also see Denver if they can't get Cousins, though I am not sure if Foles would like being in a spot where John Elway is breathing down his throat. (I think Elways wants Josh Allen anyway)

Me too and he signs Keenum to Bridge. Hadn't thought about Foles to Az, but it makes too much sense. Bills are not an outlandish thought either.  

My picks:

Cousins-Minn

Keenum-Den

McCarron-Cle

• Like (+1) 1

My question - is this posturing by the Eagles?  I just wonder if this isn't going to the court of public opinion...

My hot take on Foles.  He had a good SB, don't get me wrong.  But a big part of why he was the MVP is that he was expected to be a dud and wasn't.  Many of the media bobble heads had Philly out of the running when Wentz went down - and continued to every week.

I think Foles could be an upgrade for us - but he is not a long term solution and I don't think worthy of more than a #2.  That is a lot of draft capital for a band aid (with 1 year on his deal).

I'd rather keep TT as QB for 1 season and use those picks on a longer term solution.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hmmm? This sounds familiar.

Yup. I don't think a team ponying up whatever the price to get Foles will be ( less than a first and a fourth imo) has him in mind as a one year bridge QB. That includes the Bills. If they traded for Foles , I could see them drafting a QB at 21. A QB taken there could use a couple seasons backing up. Plenty of time for that to sort itself out. I could see the Bills doing this if they think the cost to move up for a guy they covet is too high or just impossible to surpass what other teams can offer. 

23 minutes ago, MTBill said:

My question - is this posturing by the Eagles?  I just wonder if this isn't going to the court of public opinion...

My hot take on Foles.  He had a good SB, don't get me wrong.  But a big part of why he was the MVP is that he was expected to be a dud and wasn't.  Many of the media bobble heads had Philly out of the running when Wentz went down - and continued to every week.

I think Foles could be an upgrade for us - but he is not a long term solution and I don't think worthy of more than a #2.  That is a lot of draft capital for a band aid (with 1 year on his deal).

I'd rather keep TT as QB for 1 season and use those picks on a longer term solution.

I'd rather not have Tyrod play any more games for the Bills. His ceiling has been reached, and its time to move on. 

8 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

If it was Buffalo, I guess I would be OK with it.  This allows us to spend our 2 first round picks on other areas.

I would trade TT and a second for Foles and still draft a QB in the first or second round this year. 

• Like (+1) 1