AFC Team offered a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles - Mort update - want more than 1 and 4

If the eagles pass on a 1st for a 1 year backup they are crazy

all their players are about to get super bowl bumps in their pay checks and you need picks to back fill mid tier starters cheaply when you let guys walk

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

With the Bills two 1s and (maybe) two 4’s, spending 1 each for Foles ....  I don’t think it’s overreaching.    

Wow Shady now that you mention that.  Funny how that is the opening asking price.

We are connecting dots................................I'm in a Dunkirk state of mind.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is he a bridge to a QB that someday might be Super Bowl MVP?

Joe Flacco won a SB - let's go get him!

Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl - let's go get him! 

I mean, come on. There's a reason why he was a backup

21 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

As long a we trade way up and pick a QB we will be fine.  Put all the draft eligible names in a hat and just pull one out.  As long as we give up a bunch of picks to move up, we're golden.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

As long a we trade way up and pick a QB we will be fine.  Put all the draft eligible names in a hat and just pull one out.  As long as we give up a bunch of picks to move up, we're golden.

Lol , great point. Yes Kurt Warner won a Super Bowl , but before that he was an undrafted backup. Not saying Foles is going to put up Warner like numbers over a season, but sometimes a guy just needs a chance. A high pick is no kind of guarantee, these are guys that haven't played a down in the NFL. 

6 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Joe Montana was a backup- he was terrible!

Tom Brady was a backup- scrub!

Steve Young was a backup- get him off the field!

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Joe Montana was a backup- he was terrible!

Tom Brady was a backup- scrub!

Steve Young was a backup- get him off the field!

Retained

Reteined

Retained 

none were let free.

Well except Joe who didn't realize it was time to quit.    Meet Bruce Smith in a playoff game on the frozen turf in Buffalo.   End of Career. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Retained

Reteined

Retained 

none were let free.

Well except Joe who didn't realize it was time to quit.    Meet Bruce Smith in a playoff game on the frozen turf in Buffalo.   End of Career. 

Wasn't Young let go by Tampa after a couple seasons?

Why are so many people content to still wait for Tyrod Taylor to "develop" but they want to brand the Super Bowl MVP as a proven dud?

Foles was drafted the year after Tyrod you know. He has a year less experience than Tyrod. Tyrod had had Terrible games, and plenty of them. And not One game as good as Foles good games.

So where is the sense in insisting that you know Foles will never be any good and that his great games are a fluke?

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Why are so many people content to still wait for Tyrod Taylor to "develop" but they want to brand the Super Bowl MVP as a proven dud?

Foles was drafted the year after Tyrod you know. He has a year less experience than Tyrod. Tyrod had had Terrible games, and plenty of them. And not One game as good as Foles good games.

So where is the sense in insisting that you know Foles will never be any good and that his great games are a fluke?

Who are you even referencing at this point? Seems like you're arguing with nobody.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

14 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Foles definetly slayed Brady. 

I’m on the Foles train for a Second rounder.     

Grab Rudolph or Jackson to pair with him, game on.  

How did he slay brady? I didnt know brady played defense. If new england haf any talent on defense outside of gilmore that played that game they would have won. They won the game against a defense filled with castoffs and practice squad signess.

How many guys on that defense start anywhere else.

Credit should be given to patricia for masking the flaws they had, they played exceptionally well after the carolina game and went from 31st to top 5 in scoring defense. Outside of 2011 this defense was one of the worst they went to a SB with.

32 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Who are you even referencing at this point? Seems like you're arguing with nobody.

Well, am I arguing with you aren't I? You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Anyway I think my intent was clear. It was to say, that maybe Foles has got better. Maybe his play recently is s sign that he has matured and grown with age. My intent was to point out that he is a young man still.

And I was contrasting that with the never-ending patience that Tyrod Taylor got.

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well, am I arguing with you aren't I? You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Anyway I think my intent was clear. It was to say, that maybe Foles has got better. Maybe his play recently is s sign that he has matured and grown with age. My intent was to point out that he is a young man still.

And I was contrasting that with the never-ending patience that Tyrod Taylor got.

I don't see any available veteran QB as the answer, Tyrod and Foles included. Both are only acceptable if a high end rookie prospect is also in the fold. I dislike Foles as an option quite a bit because he requires resources that could be used to build our roster.

Foles was barely adequate in the regular season games he started after Wentz went down. Yes, he was fantastic in the playoffs, but who knows if he can do that again. I'd be on-board with him for a 2nd, but there's no way he's worth more than that. Nobody is paying a 1st for Foles.