Offseason hopes/predictions....

Truth be told, these are probably,  as  hard as  I try, hopes & not so much predictions. I am a realist, but still, I always  lean to the side of a dreamer when it comes to the  Bills &  Sabres. Hope  you enjoy reading, and  hope many of  you chime in with your  predictions. Go Bills!!

FA Signings: LB NaVarro Bowman, OL Andrew Norwell,  and WR Jeremy Maclin, Kyle Williams stays for another year

FA losses: EJ Gaines, Preston  Brown, Jordan Matthews

Re-sign: Deonte Thompson, Colt Anderson, Ramon Humber, Leonard Johnson, 

Draft: Trade 21, 22, 53,  2019 1st, &  Cordy Glenn to NYG

RD 1: Josh Rosen (2nd overall),

RD 2: Harrison Phillips DT 

RD 3: Donte Jackson CB

RD 4: Rashaad Penny RB

RD 5: Deon Cain WR, Troy Fumagalli TE

Edited by elltrain22

7 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

Truth be told, these are probably,  as  hard as  I try, hopes & not so much predictions. I am a realist, but still, I always  lean to the side of a dreamer when it comes to the  Bills &  Sabres. Hope  you enjoy reading, and  hope many of  you chime in with your  predictions. Go Bills!!

FA Signings: LB NaVarro Bowman, OL Andrew Norwell,  and WR Jeremy Maclin, Kyle Williams stays for another year

RD 2: Harrison Phillips DT & Jamarco Jones OT

You traded 53 but made two 2nd round picks. 

In general, not bad. I think that we will see the Bills add more speed at WR and LB. Penny won’t make it to the 4th.

17 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

If this is pretty close to my perfect off season.  Well done.  It’s actually possible that something close to this happens.  I love the draft picks.  Norwell might be a bit of a stretch, he might be the highest paid guard in the league in a couple weeks.  

28 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

I like it but think Norwell will cost too much. Bowman can still play but is a shell of his old self, especially without Willis. Maclin can pound sand. Couldn't produce even with Flacco flinging it. Rather try for Richardson or Gabriel. Agree to re-sign Johnson and DT, Humber and Anderson? Meh... Draft wise I don't think Phillips and Penny drop that far but I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If this is pretty close to my perfect off season.  Well done.  It’s actually possible that something close to this happens.  I love the draft picks.  Norwell might be a bit of a stretch, he might be the highest paid guard in the league in a couple weeks.  

IDK my perfect off season is getting Cousins or one of the guys from Mini. and build around him in draft.

24 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

IDK my perfect off season is getting Cousins or one of the guys from Mini. and build around him in draft.

I don't think we have the cap space, nor the want to sign the soon  to be highest paid player in the NFL. The Minnesota QB's are a HUGE gamble IMO. Bridgewater is a huge injury risk, plus is he a much better option than TT?? Bradford, IMHO, is way beyond damaged goods, and Keenum could be a product of system & good WR's. 

4 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

Waaaaayyyyyy  too rich for my blood on the trade. I would like to have Rosen, but we have entirely too many holes to give up that much. I can't see Beane and McDermott doing it. 

2 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

I don't think we have the cap space, nor the want to sign the soon  to be highest paid player in the NFL. The Minnesota QB's are a HUGE gamble IMO. Bridgewater is a huge injury risk, plus is he a much better option than TT?? Bradford, IMHO, is way beyond damaged goods, and Keenum could be a product of system & good WR's. 

Its all about how the contract is set out.. everyone thinks you have to pay a person mass amount of $$ the first year.. simply not true.

I would take any of those QB's in a heart beat over Taylor every day and twice on Sundays...

5 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

54 minutes ago, H2o said:

Waaaaayyyyyy  too rich for my blood on the trade. I would like to have Rosen, but we have entirely too many holes to give up that much. I can't see Beane and McDermott doing it. 

I'm hesitant about giving up too much draft picks to move up.  Having said that I'd probably make this trade however I think it will take more than you're showing to get up t o#2 overall, likely bot h#2's this year

As was also pointed out, you trading one of our 2nd rounders, but show two people being picked.  IMO cross out both those 2nd round guys as no picks there.

So then this whole trade becomes too rich for me too.

Great job. Would love this draft.

To those saying "too rich for my blood": Really? Bills acquire a franchise QB and still get to have basically a regular draft this year. Yes, they lose next year's 1st, but you have to give up something to gain something. In this case, that "something" has been missing in Buffalo since 1997: a franchise QB!

I just can't believe, after 21 years of futility, that anyone would still be gun-shy about acquiring a QB just because some draft picks need to be given up. How long do the Bills sit back and be content with second third tier passers? Sheesh!

I hope the draft goes exactly as written in the OP (with, of course, the adjustment to the second round since we give up one of those picks).

• Like (+1) 3

Couldnt agree more with Logic's post above...

Seriously, those who still think any trade that lands you a potential franchise QB is "too rich for your blood", defend yourself....how else would you expect to solve our double decades long QB issue? Seriously? Take a flyer on some late round QB and hope that works? How has that worked out in the past for us?

If we can get to the top of this draft for one of the couple blue chip prospects, literally regardless of cost, I don't understand how anyone can think thats "too rich"...so please, defend your stance here and explain how else you plan to get a franchise QB? 

5 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

Good stuff although you have the Bills taking 2 second round picks after you traded one away. 

FA Signings : 

DT DaQuan Jones (TEN)- He'll be 27, he was a 3-4 DE at Tennessee, solid pass rusher, strong. Star Louteleilei is not good VS the run or pass.

RB Damien Williams (MIA)- He's 26, showed a nice mix of power and speed, looks like a Gillislee type of back.

WR John Brown (ARI)- He will be our compliment slot/speed WR, a few injuries the past couple of years but he's been quite productive with average to below average QB play once Palmer was injured.

Re-signs: DE Kyle Williams, WR Deonte Thompson, LB Ramon Humber, Leonard Johnson

Draft 

Same as you I'm hoping it's Rosen and the exact same trade you have listed.

RD1- QB Josh Rosen- I think he's by far the best QB in this draft class.

RD2- ILB Darius Leonard- South Carolina State- he was all over the place at the senior bowl, he's a play maker, excellent in coverage or as a pass rusher, needs to get in the weight room and just go to work since he's only 6'2' 213 lbs. but he can play at any LB position.

RD3- DE Rasheem Green- USC- Green would make a solid rotational pass rusher to start out with Hughes/Meatball coming back hopefully for another season.

RD4- WR Daurice Fountain- Northern Iowa- Fast, productive, big, with decent hands who really looked good at the east-west shrine game.

RD5- CB Dane Cruiikshank- Arizona- Tall corner at 6'1" 206, 4 INT in 2017, 5 passes defensed, had a good senior bowl, ran a 4.44 40 time which is better than expected.

RD5- LB Anthony Winbush- Ball State- This kid is always all over the place, this is where we landed Matt Milano who I thought had a solid rookie season for us. Winbush can be our Milano and he has a cool name... Win-Win!

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Great job. Would love this draft.

To those saying "too rich for my blood": Really? Bills acquire a franchise QB and still get to have basically a regular draft this year. Yes, they lose next year's 1st, but you have to give up something to gain something. In this case, that "something" has been missing in Buffalo since 1997: a franchise QB!

I just can't believe, after 21 years of futility, that anyone would still be gun-shy about acquiring a QB just because some draft picks need to be given up. How long do the Bills sit back and be content with second third tier passers? Sheesh!

I hope the draft goes exactly as written in the OP (with, of course, the adjustment to the second round since we give up one of those picks).

First, I fixed my draft. I'm too used to doing a trade @ 4 or 5 where we don't give up any of our 2nd  round picks, but I carelessly forgot to proof read my post b4 I posted!! I did edit my post, and had us taking Phillips (and deleted my pick of Jamarco Jones). 

Second, I 100% echo your comments!! This  team has had one of the worst situations at QB in the entire league for 20 years. We've tried trades (Bledsoe), we've tried mid-first round picks (EJ), we've tried 2nd round QB's (Trent Edwards), and our favorite FA qb's (Tyrod, Kyle Orton, Kolb, etc, etc). I'm not saying that the only way you get a franchise QB is to draft into the top 5, but with this year's group of QB's, and with so many teams lining up to draft a QB, we've got to assure ourselves we get the guy we really, really want. 

If the Bills FO loves Rosen, then by all means go get him. The price tag is huge, but franchise QB's don't just fall into your lap. 

I think your predictions are pretty decent although FA wise your going more name brand then I think we will get. Norwell I don't see them paying that $ amount for nor Bowman whos older plus I've read he wants to stay with OAK and vise versa. Maclin they can get for cheaper with Mike Wallace with speed and I think if they do target a big name player its Star Loutelilie or a LB like Tahir Whitehead or Avery Williamson.

Rosen wise I think its either the 3rd 1st, the 2nd rnd pick, or Glenn. No way they give all three and truthfully I'm not sure they would give even 2 of them.