So What IF The Bills Trade UP

Give up several picks for a QB.  He’s a rookie and without all the picks to fill holes the Bills will probably not have a great year. Maybe use a bridge vet to give the rookie a few games before having him start.  Use next year’s better picks to fill holes, maybe even trade down. The 2019 season is the next chance for playoffs. 

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

and give up something like #21 #22 and 2019 1st and 2nd and Glenn.... And whoever it is they draft, turns into the next Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger... Will you naysayers out there admit you were wrong about the trade up?

I don't see any right or wrong here. I see those who have their own opinion on what they feel the bills should/would do.

in the end, they will do what it takes to try and improve the team and that improvement may take the farm to get their guy, which I'm fine with that.

my gut says they trade up for one of the top three, hopefully rosen?

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

IMG_20180304_181917.jpg

I believe he'll wear # 11

Remember I said in the beginning that he turns out to be a Brees or Roethlisberger type... They have both had those kind of careers I believe... So does he have to go to a Superbowl and win it?

To me, no. The player has to get you to the postseason and the title game.Anything can happen once there.  Going to the SB and winning is certainly the endgame, but if you get in the tournament and have a chance for a Conference Championship I'd have to consider the trade up a success . 

I literally don’t care what we give up. I might not even check. Just go up to 1 or 2 and get Darnold or Rosen. No matter what we give up I will never complain. I literally couldn’t care less. Get the QB. Enough already. It’s not like we can’t fill in the roster. If we traded our entire 2018 draft and oly got one of those QBs, we will still be able to field a team. Probably a better team then we have in a long time.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 5

The question is - What kind of success does the kid QB need to have for the naysayers to change their minds?

What kind of success?

I’ll determine that by if I feel the Bills can score anytime he takes the field.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I literally don’t care what we give up. I might not even check. Just go up to 1 or 2 and get Darnold or Rosen. No matter what we give up I will never complain. I literally couldn’t care less. Get the QB. Enough already. It’s not like we can’t fill in the roster. If we traded our entire 2018 draft and oly got one of those QBs, we will still be able to field a team. Probably a better team then we have in a long time.

This 100%. Honestly, I think Terry Pegula feels the same exact way. 5th-6th best quarterback is not going to change a thing. Go get Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone would trade that amount for the next Big Ben or Drew Brees.

Anyone.

I haven't actually read the responses, but I assume that's what people are saying.

The problem is that hindsight is 20/20. It's the same problem with all the idiots who said Tyrod would obviously be cut once the season ended and that there was no way in hell Buffalo would even consider paying him the $6 million bonus.

It's a message board... so all in good fun... but of course people are going to say stupid stuff they wouldn't say to people in real life.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone would trade that amount for the next Big Ben or Drew Brees.

Anyone.

I haven't actually read the responses, but I assume that's what people are saying.

The problem is that hindsight is 20/20. It's the same problem with all the idiots who said Tyrod would obviously be cut once the season ended and that there was no way in he'll Buffalo would even consider paying him the $6 million bonus.

It's a message board... so all in good fun... but of course people are going to say stupid stuff they wouldn't say to people in real life.

Yeah, who woulda thought this guy might've gotten cut.

Image result for tyrod taylor saints gif

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Yeah, who woulda thought this guy might've gotten cut.

Image result for tyrod taylor saints gif

Oh hey buddy... long time no talk... been hiding for so long after being so consistently wrong (to the point of being "dismantled" :lol:) in our discussions? :flirt:

All in good fun... you're always one of my favs :wub:

Nice picture. Terrible play by Taylor. 

He's still quite likely going to be back in Buffalo for another year... sorry 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm not sure that anyone could say Taylor would " obviously " be cut. But thinking TT would likely be cut hardly makes one an " idiot". Turns out paying that 6 mil is kind of like collateral damage for the Bills. The timing of the roster bonus means if TT was let go before it was due, it would leave them with just Nate Peterman on the roster. Not a good look to sign FA 's and kind of puts you in the " desperate to move up " category in the draft. Paying the 6 million is the smart move... for now. It doesn't mean Taylor is on the Bills roster in September. He would effectively have a very tradeable 1 year $10 million deal. The smart move is to pay the bonus and address the Taylor situation after FA and the draft.

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

and give up something like #21 #22 and 2019 1st and 2nd and Glenn.... And whoever it is they draft, turns into the next Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger... Will you naysayers out there admit you were wrong about the trade up?

if we trade up, I will not be a naysayer.  I will have confidence in this FO.  

44 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This 100%. Honestly, I think Terry Pegula feels the same exact way. 5th-6th best quarterback is not going to change a thing. Go get Rosen. 

Rosen or Mayfield.  I think both will be the best in this class.  I think L. Jackson also has a chance to be great, and if we have to stay at 21, I'd want him there.  

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh hey buddy... long time no talk... been hiding for so long after being so consistently wrong (to the point of being "dismantled" :lol:) in our discussions? :flirt:

He's still quite likely going to be back in Buffalo for another year... sorry 0:)

if TT is our starter, we need to draft Freeman from Oregon as RB.  I don't think Shady can carry the O for another year!  (I'd draft Freeman anyway).  

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

For the package of picks in this hypothetical : multiple playoff appearances, a couple division titles, AFC championship game appearance. Anything less and it's a fail. 

I'd think we have to make a SB also with that package of picks.  

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I haven't hid at all.

Your addiction to being wrong is so easily sated.

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Obviously, franchise QBs are priceless. I don't think the Browns will pass on a QB prospect this year, so the top guy will be off the board. There is a good chance that the Giants will take the second best prospect. I don't think the other guys are worth trading up for. 

4 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

It is a little more complicated but I would ber thrilled if we ended up with that caliber of player

Your not gonna get where we need to go with JUST a franchise qb as much as people say its everything....its not....that franchise qb needs help....protection....a running game.....a defense to keep giving him the ball

The next question is will the bills use that huge amount of salary cap space they are going to have to bring in free agents?   Or are they gonna have a biuld through the draft philosophy even thought they have given up draft picks?

The good teams draft well....they find guys in the draft because you are paying so much to that franchise guy.

I am NOT saying they wont do it..El Pegula has shown he will spend.....but that would be the next step

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That is nice but there is a good chance that the Browns and Giants will want to pick a QB in those spots. If they do it does not matter what we offer they will not be trading with us.