Confirmed: Josh Rosen Will Be One of the Bills' 30 Pre-Draft Visits - At One Bills Drive Today (4-10)

26CornerBlitz

14 hours ago, The_Dude said:

If we land Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield I’ll be thrilled. I’m getting there on Jackson. Not there on Allen. 

I love Rosen, but I'd honestly be ok with any of those five. After those guys I don't see a potential franchise guy. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif?ssl=1

I  respect your difference  of opinion, and like the use of satire!! Please enlighten me as to why you don't like Rosen.

Here is why I love Rosen

- very accurate passer, especially on  intermediate & deep balls

- great size, cannon  for an  arm

- great in  the pocket, and always has his eyes looking down the field

- sees the field very well & goes through progressions very well

- great in the clutch, see the Texas A&M game

- highly intelligent

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

NO.  I'm in the camp of you have to have a price point or else you get taken for whatever.  I could see 21 and 22 this year and maybe a 3rd next year but I'd be very difficult to convince in giving up next year's 1st.  Again, I believe in having a price point and then negotiating from that.  Given the parameters we are working with I think you set your price point and you can negotiate a little further or back, but for guys to just want to give up everything it tells me they have no price point at all.  And to me a person that doesn't have a price point to negotiate from is one who can get suckered into taking anything and it just reeks of desperation.

KC gave up their 1st for this year to move up 17 spots.  They gave up a current and a future 1st to move up 17 spots.  Why in the hell would anyone give up 2 current 1st and a future 1st to move up 16 spots?  I'd hate it if we did that.  I don't care who the player is.  If we give up 2 1sts and a 3rd I could get on board with it.  But not another first.

Its likely going to take even more than the current firsts and next years first to move up high.The Bills will likely need to move up first,then move up again.

The Bills did that deal with KC with an eye on this years draft and QB pool. Draft capital is extremely important in any possible trade up. I do not believe Beane thought there was any way the 2017 team was going to be any good,but the rug was pulled out from under him.

Correlating what KC did with us isn’t the same, as the value of those QBs is not the same. This years top guys are said to be way better prospects.

If you add to the fact there are a bunch of QB needy teams looking to get one then the cost rises substantially. It’s going to cost a Kings ransom to move up to 2-4, but I say it’s time to make that move. That’s what Beane wants to do,just based upon his words and what he did with the KC trade.

58 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

I  respect your difference  of opinion, and like the use of satire!! Please enlighten me as to why you don't like Rosen.

Here is why I love Rosen

- very accurate passer, especially on  intermediate & deep balls

- great size, cannon  for an  arm

- great in  the pocket, and always has his eyes looking down the field

- sees the field very well & goes through progressions very well

- great in the clutch, see the Texas A&M game

- highly intelligent

great response to a dick post, kudos for rising above

Just one comment though, I don't think Rosen has a "cannon" for an arm, I believe he has an adequate arm, IE he can make the necessary throws, but he is no Josh Allen 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

great response to a dick post, kudos for rising above

Just one comment though, I don't think Rosen has a "cannon" for an arm, I believe he has an adequate arm, IE he can make the necessary throws, but he is no Josh Allen 

If we are comparing Allen & Rosen, then I  completely agree. Allen has a cannon!! Rosen has a very strong arm, but not like Allen. I should have put strong arm, not cannon

7 hours ago, dlonce said:

Its likely going to take even more than the current firsts and next years first to move up high.The Bills will likely need to move up first,then move up again.

The Bills did that deal with KC with an eye on this years draft and QB pool. Draft capital is extremely important in any possible trade up. I do not believe Beane thought there was any way the 2017 team was going to be any good,but the rug was pulled out from under him.

Correlating what KC did with us isn’t the same, as the value of those QBs is not the same. This years top guys are said to be way better prospects.

If you add to the fact there are a bunch of QB needy teams looking to get one then the cost rises substantially. It’s going to cost a Kings ransom to move up to 2-4, but I say it’s time to make that move. That’s what Beane wants to do,just based upon his words and what he did with the KC trade.

Beane had nothing at all to do with the KC trades.  Nothing.  He wasn't even here yet.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

The only way the Bills would be in a position to move up for Rosen, would be for Darnold or Allen to go 1st overall, the Giants take Saquon Barkley at 2 and they trade up to 3 with Indy.

Even then, do you want this team, with all of its holes, to give up 2 firsts this year and possibly a 1st and 2nd in 2019 for Rosen?

Word of the street is Giants are good with Eli and Webb, and are willing to take offers for the #2

I'm down for Rosen at #2

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe it's just me but from seeing rosens interviews and the way he talks reminds me of Jay Cutler. Not comparing him as an athlete but just kinda the "I don't really give a sh#t, win or lose it's whatever" hopefully he's not like that but he definitely seems like the least hungry top qb I've seen interviewed. 

5 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Maybe it's just me but from seeing rosens interviews and the way he talks reminds me of Jay Cutler. Not comparing him as an athlete but just kinda the "I don't really give a sh#t, win or lose it's whatever" hopefully he's not like that but he definitely seems like the least hungry top qb I've seen interviewed. 

Eli Manning look hungry in interviews?  Hardly.  Trying to judge a QB from an interview is dubious. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Rosen as used the “Process” word a good amount in his media interactions. A sign???? Lol

MAJBobby: Lookin' in your eyes I see a paradise
This world that I've found is too good to be true
Standin' here beside ya, want so much to give you
This love in my heart that I'm feelin' for you
Rosen: Let 'em say we're crazy, I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand, baby, don't ever look back
Let the world around us just fall apart
Baby, we can make it if we're heart-to-heart
MAJBobby and Rosen: And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now
And if this world runs out of lovers
We'll still have each other
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now, whoa no
MAJBobby: I'm so glad I found you, I'm not gonna lose you
Whatever it takes, I will stay here with you
Take you to the good times, see you through the bad times
Whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do
Rosen: Let 'em say we're crazy, what do they know?
Put your arms around me, baby, don't ever let go
Let the world around us just fall apart
Baby, we can make it if we're heart-to-heart
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us, ooh
MAJBobby: All that I need is you
Rosen: All that I ever need
MAJBobby: All that I want to do
MAJBobby and Rosen: Is hold you forever, forever and ever
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

On 2/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

New England - doesn't matter what the atmosphere is like.  as long as Brady is the QB, it's a loss.
Minnesota - if it's Cousins, combined with that defense, it's a loss.
Green Bay - Rodgers was shut down because we had a dominant defensive line that included a motivated Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus.  That game was also won, because Rodgers missed a wide open Jordy Nelson on what would have been a guaranteed 70+ yard TD pass.
Lions - it's a home game and whoever starts at left tackle will have to deal with Ziggy Ansah on the edge.  Stafford will also be throwing all over the field to Golden Tate and Marvin Jones - both of them might have career games.
Bears - Trubisky will be more experienced and they still an improving defense

patriots - Until the league gets tired of them winning, they'll get all the help they need to win

Vikings - As of now they don't have a QB ... they may get Cousins, they may not.

Packers - Has Rodgers hit the wall ?

Lions - Have they re-signed Ansah ? Last I heard he was a free agent

Tate and Jones and career games - probably not

Bears - I'll worry about Trubisky when he gets better than Tyrod.

FWIW I believe that if we draft Rosen we are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs.  He is a very good QB and could start and produce well as a rookie.  Certainly an upgrade of Tyrod even in year 1.  We would absolutely need to improve the line and maybe add a WR but that is very doable.  

22 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

He is the exact opposite of Cutler. Cutler only cares about Cutler. Rosen speaks out about people trying to divide us and for NCAA athletes who can't. He couldn't be less like Cutler.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will be so pissed if we stay pat and don't make a move...

Imo, if we don’t make a move this year, with all the QBs and draft capital, we will never make a move for a top passer...there is no better time than now to go all in... the team is years away from contending for a title...therefore, get the QB now and by the time the team is set, the QB will be entering his prime...all about timing, people.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm sure we will attempt to make a move, whether or not other teams budge is the question.  You have to have someone to work with.  So on draft day if you don't see us in the top five don't automatically assume we didn't try to make a move.  Other teams may be asking for way too much OR they didn't want to sell and wanted their guy at the pick.