What crazy draft action would create the biggest stir?

Virgil

4 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Biggest stir would be the giants passing on a QB at number two. Think that would start a possible free for all to get ahead of Denver and jets by multiple teams including the bills.

I think the free-for-all might be Giants shopping their #2 pick, using lower-drafting suitors to jack up the price for the Broncs and Jets.

10 minutes ago, PIZ said:

There is going to be a trade up for a QB that no one expected.  Correct me if I am wrong, but Chicago trading up for Trubisky, after they signed Glennon, was not seen by anyone.  I bet there is a move like that, which concerns me, because EVERYONE is talking about the Bills potentially trading up, so that wouldn't be a shock.  The only Bill related shock would be if they traded up to the #1 pick, which would likely require 2 moves, since Cleveland needs to stay in the top 3 or 4 to get a top QB.

So along these lines, the shock will be Buffalo trading both firsts this year, and next years first, to move up to pick #2 so they can select... Lamar Jackson!

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So along these lines, the shock will be Buffalo trading both firsts this year, and next years first, to move up to pick #2 so they can select... Lamar Jackson!

That would be a shock!

20 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Two firsts (one this year, one next), second (one of this years), and third for Cam Newton.

This too would be a shock, and I remember someone else suggesting this could happen.  You never know.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Craziest would be Cleveland taking QB at one and 4 and dealing one away for more value... that would be epic 

So you mean what David Khan tried to do in the NBA draft with the twolves when he drafted 3 point guards in 2009 (Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn @5 &6, ty Lawson @18) , two of them were taken before before Steph Curry, and couldn't trade any of them.

(this would be like if they drafted say, Rosen and darnold ahead of Mayfield, then couldn't trade either, and Baker turned into brees2.0, while the other 2 flopped)

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

That New England trades Tom Brady to the Browns for their 2018 #1, #4 overall picks plus Cleveland’s 2019 1st and 3rd round picks so they can draft the QB (Darnold?) choice. Now THAT would cause a draft day stir!

I would love to see that happen, I would watch just to see if Belicheat can win without Brady. I would also like to see if Brady can be successful in a chaotic organization.

Benjamin Albright wrote this.  It would be a shock and I wouldn't like it.

"11th overall + Tannehill for 5th overall and a later pick/Siemian. Dolphins get $11mil in cap relief, and are in position to get new QB. #Broncos get vet QB their HC is familiar with at $10mil APY cheaper than Cousins. It's a win-win." https://t.co/IToDHdbikj

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cle takes Barkley #1

NYG takes Nelson #2

Indy takes Chubb #3

I think both will trade back to the highest bidder.  There will be some bat-poop crazy deals thrown at both knowing Cleveland is going to take a QB at 4.  I am fairly certain both teams would take Barkley if he is there, if he is gone it is going to get silly.

I think that there is a pretty good chance that the Bills won’t be able to trade up far enough to get a good QB prospect and they could get completely shutout of a QB in the first round.  I think that might force them to trade both 2nds to trade up for what might be left at QB in round 2 - that *could* be Mike White and Kyle Lauletta.  

I hate to to be a downer, but other teams value the QB position highly, too.  One or more teams that don’t appear desperate for a QB could certainly take one and disrupt the Bills’ plans.

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Boom is right!

21- Rudolph 

22- Jackson

Don't laugh, may happen

Winner is the starter

Loser is the backup

Peterman released?

I could live with that - especially with the High Level meeting man being shown the door!!!!