TV shows that were cut way too soon

Another Fan

Was a fan of The White Shadow in syndication.  It only lasted three years.  Not sure if it was because the "kids" grew older why the show stopped.  Wish they had revolving actors every three years then that could of played high school students. 

Sledgehammer! was great as well.  Only lasted I think one season

That’s a tough one because you want great shows to stick around for as long as they stay great, but the tendency is to overstay that period.

I love when shows end at the right time.  Men Mad, Breaking Bad and Sopranos stayed just long enough.

26 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Some may disagree, but I'll say LOST. the show kinda took a downhill turn the last few seasons, but had they had some better writing and stories I think they could've went another few seasons and ended it better 

If there wasn’t a writers strike during that show it probably would have went a little differently 

1 hour ago, Bills4everNY said:

Police Squad! lasted only 6 episodes, but it was turned into 3 Naked Gun movies years later.

This. I was ready to post it but I'm glad I scrolled up and saw that you mentioned it. The shoe shine guy ruled... here is a full episode:

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

If there wasn’t a writers strike during that show it probably would have went a little differently 

Interesting, I never thought about that then. The first 3 or 4 seasons of that show Imo is some of the best TV ever made. 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Interesting, I never thought about that then. The first 3 or 4 seasons of that show Imo is some of the best TV ever made. 

I agree that the forst 3-4 seasons were great. And right about there is when there was a writers strike. Completely changed everything imo. I believe for a while they had scabs writing for them and they screwed up everything 

Edited by mrags