TV shows that were cut way too soon

Another Fan

7 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

Police Squad! lasted only 6 episodes, but it was turned into 3 Naked Gun movies years later.

beat me to the bunch.  !@#$ing CBS cancelling after 6 episodes.  The network has been tanking ever since

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Freaks and Geeks

awesome show, great choice

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Deadwood

agreed

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Some may disagree, but I'll say LOST. the show kinda took a downhill turn the last few seasons, but had they had some better writing and stories I think they could've went another few seasons and ended it better 

two years too long IMHO

Jack said the B in Apartment 23..another awesome show, great choice.

For me, the best choice would be Luck. Great show revolving around the characters at a horse track in SoCal(Santa Anita) from David Milch, same guy who did Deadwood.. Having spent plenty of my 20's and 30's at the track, thought the show was phenomenal.

As thoroughbreds do whether in the field or on the track, 3 horses broke down during the filming of scenes and had to be destroyed. Different opinions on whether they treated/used horses in a harmful manner, but either way the show had too much controversy swirling around it and HBO shut it down after only one season

Edited by plenzmd1

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Guess nobody else watched Deadwood, that just dropped at once and two movies didn’t get made.

I loved Deadwood.  Didn't catch it when it was airing on HBO but I did get a good binge out of it

Another HBO series worth mentioning, Rome

37 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

The 4400.

Started off great but went downhill in the last two season

22 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Cop Rock

Please check your Man Card at the door

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Can't disagree, but I'm fairly certain there was only one season left. The show did well for USA and it has a pretty big following, so I just wish they had given an ending for the fans. It couldn't have possibly been worse than the books released to end the series.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I loved Deadwood.  Didn't catch it when it was airing on HBO but I did get a good binge out of it

Another HBO series worth mentioning, Rome

Please check your Man Card at the door

they are running The Monkees on a local oldies station, the second (and last) season was filled with acid dreams and things a bit too far-out from the first season fun.

I'll second ST:TOS & Freaks and Geeks, although I didn't watch them when they originally came out.

I'll also add Arrested Development (which I also seldom watched when it came out.)  Also, Camelot, which was on I think Starz for one season.

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Never saw Lost, based on the comments of those who watched it closely I have no regrets.

Pretty sure it's on Netflix. Like i stated before, the first 3 or 4 seasons is the best TV ever made Imo. The final seasons wernt terrible, but didn't live up to the previous ones. If you've never watched it, I'd highly recommend it.