Bills fire Randy "Woody" Ribbeck after 35 years

25 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Are you saying "loose lips sink ships" and his were found to be loose?

I wouldn't say that, I would say that it was more of an adjustment to culture change. I liked the guy. 

When it comes to loose lips sink ships, every bills guy I meet discusses is it just as much as the next. I also have a way to talk to people in which becomes an interview and get them to dish. It's Decades of listening to Howard Stern essentially

25 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That's not cool.

What's not?

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I wouldn't say that, I would say that it was more of an adjustment to culture change. I liked the guy. 

When it comes to loose lips sink ships, every bills guy I meet discusses is it just as much as the next. I also have a way to talk to people in which becomes an interview and get them to dish. It's Decades of listening to Howard Stern essentially

What's not?

Not sharing your dirt

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

the old Lifer culture. Long overdue. 

Yep.   While we're at it, let's take down the player names on the stadium.   They're old news and I'm sick of them always popping off with a comment.    And that damn statue of Ralph.   All it does is attract pigeons who poop all over the walkway.    Tear it down...

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get it that he was an old and valued employee, but after 35 years it's not uncommon for even a good employee to

1) lose a step in energy and enthusiasm

2) be "stuck" in an old way of doing things, maybe out-of-touch with the latest developments in the field, and maybe unwilling to change

Picking up jock straps and dirty towels in the locker room has advanced that much in recent years?    Who knew...

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dunkirk's leak 

I won't go down the that lane all over again about his full of b.s. stuff, but maybe a thread of some of the piles of dung he was shoveling came from him? It would also, to some degree, explain why there was information from all over the place....a trainer will hear things from all levels of people based on how they interact with so many different people on the staff, and possibly if assisting with a workout routine - the FO staff as well.

I'm not saying I'm buying his "info" as accurate, but I'm suggesting maybe there are tiny tidbits of truth in what he was saying....although, I'm happy to see the board put that whole dramatic saga behind us....let's leave it there. 

I have no idea if he was Dunkirk’s source or of Dunkirk even had a source. I’ll guess the latter. I do know that Woody (or one of his team) forgot to pack  the coaches headsets to a game in Indy a few years ago and the Colts had to lend them some (which they were not required to do)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I won't go down the that lane all over again about his full of b.s. stuff, but maybe a thread of some of the piles of dung he was shoveling came from him? It would also, to some degree, explain why there was information from all over the place....a trainer will hear things from all levels of people based on how they interact with so many different people on the staff, and possibly if assisting with a workout routine - the FO staff as well.

I'm not saying I'm buying his "info" as accurate, but I'm suggesting maybe there are tiny tidbits of truth in what he was saying....although, I'm happy to see the board put that whole dramatic saga behind us....let's leave it there. 

there were no leaks coming from OBD  unless it was from themselves. 

Nearly every person I trust who might have inside gossip has been very quiet 

My last post was naught but a joke.  Dunkirk Don even admitted in a 2000 word post that he was a fraud.

• Like (+1) 1