NFL Sunday Ticket Price Increase for 2018

26CornerBlitz

16 minutes ago, njodogg said:

Honestly going to have the boxes year round, I added the regional sports networks. $14 a month, pick up a ton of baseball. Being a degenerate gambler its worth it to me

I have a tv on my covered patio that we watch  football on and I pay for the DTV genie  all year even though it’s put away for 5-6 months. Oh wells 

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Does calling work even if you're not actually a DirecTV customer? I've just bought the Sunday Ticket Streaming service in the past.

I have never tried it, the 240 or so seems fair. My brother and I split it so it's pretty cheap and the quality is usually good.

I do miss going out and meeting other fans but the covience and savings is hard to give up. Drinking and eating at the bar is way overpriced. 

• Like (+1) 1

Used the online chat function to cancel the auto-renew for Sunday Ticket this morning, I do this anyway at some point so i can attempt to get the better price around the time the season starts. I stated that a reason for me cancelling the renew was the price increase, they gave me 3 months of free HBO. 

Edited by Carey Bender
  • Like (+1) 1

NFL Sunday Ticket is not even offered in Canada anymore.  If you want to watch all the games you have to subscribe to DAZN, a streaming service for sports.  To counteract this, last season Bell TV added extra CTV channels and carried all the games for no extra charge.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Even the $400 package can be "lowered" if you call.  That package includes a number of extra perks if you are into watching what they offer beyond a special RedZone package  (the RedZone channel is part of the $100 pay up front price) 

Not to be rude, but if a call to save $ is beyond you, you deserve to get hosed with an increase.  

It is getting tougher to get deals than it used to be since ATT bought them out it seems.  I just dumped DTV so will be looking at other options for this coming year.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It is getting tougher to get deals than it used to be since ATT bought them out it seems.  I just dumped DTV so will be looking at other options for this coming year.

It wasn't tough for me.  I got it at no cost last season and expect to do the same in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

When DTV increased prices in January, I dropped down a tier, which is not supposed to get ST.  I had planned to upgrade in the fall, now I'm not sure.  Since I've been a DTV/ST customer for several years, so we'll see how good a deal they offer before I decide. 

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I just called them 2 or 3 weeks ago when my bill hit $210 last month.  I called DTV / ATT, talked to a low level agent asking why the jump (even though I knew my 6 months of free stuff was up), and after 10 minutes I said sorry not good enough I want to talk to a CRA, 30 minutes later ...  My current bills is $140.

If you have a Genie... ask them if you are paying for HD channels.  that alone was $7 per month that I did not have to pay for. 

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

When DTV increased prices in January, I dropped down a tier, which is not supposed to get ST.  I had planned to upgrade in the fall, now I'm not sure.  Since I've been a DTV/ST customer for several years, so we'll see how good a deal they offer before I decide. 

You drop a package and your long term NFL ticket customer advantage could go down the drain .  

Direct TV was being such weenies to us after being a 15+year customer with no discount so we bailed to cable last year. I was also upset that they dropped the shortcuts that I could record and watch later on during the week when I had more time. 

I watched the red zone channel this past season and didn't miss the NFL package at all. Meanwhile, I saved a ton with spectrum as they gave us all the movie channels for free just for switching from DTV. Went from 5 Mbps to 70 Mbps internet speed and a landline all for around fifty dollars a month less. I'll never go back.

For the first time since NFL Sunday Ticket's conception....last year i did not renew and watched other ways that some posters have been kind enough to provide.

I was just as happy.

4 hours ago, njodogg said:

Well....... I just finished hanging TV's in my new man cave this past weekend. DirecTV will have my money. Cheaper than the bar! 

TVs.jpg

That is some damn fine work!

I'll go through the usual song and dance once my contract is up in August...I hate doing it, but there's no way I can pay the list price.  They've been pretty fair in the past, but as others have noted, since AT&T took over, the loyalty discounts are not certain; it may take several calls before you hit a sympathetic CSR.

In my area, Fairfax, VA, I've got two other competing choices, Cox and Fios.  That's been my strong hand in years past when negotiating with DTV.

2 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Nope...I went down to the lowest package,  got 60 off a month for 6 months and Sunday Ticket for like $120.

Did you drop service completely or just get a lower package?   

Did you say cancel my NFL Ticket and in Sept change your mind? This one can bite you on reaquiring a discount. 

I have every HBO, Statz, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel and a sports package.  I have all the TNTs, History and Discovery channels.  

My bill is under $150 because I call and request (demand) every discount available.  

Is that being cheap or prudent?

The cost of Sunday Ticket is only part of it. I also pay for their basic package all year round even though I only use it once or twice a year if cable goes out. I haven’t called to haggle in over a decade. I should get birthday and Christmas cards from them....I’m their ideal sucker! 

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did you drop service completely or just get a lower package?   

Did you say cancel my NFL Ticket and in Sept change your mind? This one can bite you on reaquiring a discount. 

I have every HBO, Statz, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel and a sports package.  I have all the TNTs, History and Discovery channels.  

My bill is under $150 because I call and request (demand) every discount available.  

Is that being cheap or prudent?

I do the same...call every 6 months to see what discounts they offer.

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

The cost of Sunday Ticket is only part of it. I also pay for their basic package all year round even though I only use it once or twice a year if cable goes out. I haven’t called to haggle in over a decade. I should get birthday and Christmas cards from them....I’m their ideal sucker! 

You should really call every year. They will give big discounts to just extend your contract for 1 year. I go year to year and have received discounts to offset the Ticket last 5 years