Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think he's closer to Marvin Jones' $8M than 6

As to Vontae, I think he probably pulls down the same type of deal as Haden last offseason 

I dunno on Richardson it is basically 1 year of number 2 level production. Jones got $8m two years ago, Woods $7.8m last year and they both had more production than Richardson. Mohamed Sanu is closer production wise and he got $6.5m avg per year two years ago. 

If the cap was stationary I think he is right in that $6.5m range but clearly it's not and that is what his agent will argue... cap inflation in two years is about 15% so maybe that lands him at $7.5m??

I am not sure Richardson is worth that to be honest. I suppose it depends how much interest he gets but I feel like Spotrac are closer to where I would want to be to sign him. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's not often I get to say this but we are the best team trying to sign a free agent... Dang... Let's just see that Davis sees it and our playoff appearance changes the perception of Buffalo. I think Cleveland is a non factor. SF and Oakland are both west coast teams while Vontae is from the East coast... I like our chances but you never know.

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

It's not often I get to say this but we are the best team trying to sign a free agent... Dang... Let's just see that Davis sees it and our playoff appearance changes the perception of Buffalo. I think Cleveland is a non factor. SF and Oakland are both west coast teams while Vontae is from the East coast... I like our chances but you never know.

Depends what he is looking for.  If it is a payday then Cleveland is definitely a factor. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Depends what he is looking for.  If it is a payday then Cleveland is definitely a factor. 

Well we know first hand that winning trumps everything... We lost so many players due to similar offers cause of our drought. It's just nice to have that be to our advantage now

14 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well we know first hand that winning trumps everything... We lost so many players due to similar offers cause of our drought. It's just nice to have that be to our advantage now

Is it really to our advantage now?  I have to see it to believe it.  Sure we went to the playoffs but San Fran won their last five games with their new franchise QB and have a young defense.  Cleveland can overpay anyone.  The Raiders have their franchise QB and another franchise player on the other side of the ball in Mack, that new coaching staff could rewrite the script for them.  I honestly don't see us as the best team that has interviewed him as of right now.  We may be after the offseason but right now...that's a ?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bay Area vs. Rust Belt. Not a contest. I'd go SF if I were him.

It sucks to agree with you on this, but SF is the team I would choose as well if I were in his position. Team on the rise in a very attractive market with greater opportunities outside of the game.

3 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It sucks to agree with you on this, but SF is the team I would choose as well if I were in his position. Team on the rise in a very attractive market with greater opportunities outside of the game.

With FAs it typically comes down to:

1. Guaranteed money

2. Scheme fit

3. Team’s potential as a contender 

I’m not sure where “attractive market” and “opportunities outside of the game” factor in for a guy like Vontae Davis. I doubt he’s going to live there year-round or even sign that long of a deal. He’s 30.  JMO

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1