Bears looking set to release Glennon

BuffaloBillyG

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No, no, no, no..... NO. 

I'd rather re-sign EJ. 

If he can run a pro offense and throw the ball down the field I would have no problem with him as a bridge qb. He would be a dramatic upgrade from what we currently have. Let me remind you that the Bills scored three points in its playoff loss in which the qb play was dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If he can run a pro offense and throw the ball down the field I would have no problem with him as a bridge qb. He would be a dramatic upgrade from what we currently have. Let me remind you that the Bills scored three points in its playoff loss in which the qb play was dreadful. 

Glennon a dramatic upgrade?  No, Nope, Nein, and Nyet. 

YellowishHelpfulBeardeddragon-max-14mb.g

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

If he can run a pro offense(he can't) and throw the ball down the field(not well) I would have no problem with him as a bridge qb. He would be a dramatic upgrade from what we currently have(No, he really wouldn't be). Let me remind you that the Bills scored three points in its playoff loss in which the qb play was dreadful.(Let me remind you that the Bears paid Glennon 16 million dollars to not be running their offense last year. He is one of a small handful of guys that would be a downgrade on Taylor in every football aspect) 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Tyrod Taylor being the starting qb next year is unacceptable. Whatever option is available needs to be taken. If a bad option is better than what our current situation is I'm for it. If its not Glennon then let it be someone else. I'm no longer receptive to watching a pop warner offense. 

Just now, JohnC said:

Tyrod Taylor being the starting qb next year is unacceptable. Whatever option is available needs to be taken. If a bad option is better than what our current situation is I'm for it. If its not Glennon then let it be someone else. I'm no longer receptive to watching a pop warner offense. 

People actually banging the table for Glennon JUST to get rid of Tyrod

OMFG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

People actually banging the table for Glennon JUST to get rid of Tyrod

OMFG

I'm not banging the table for any particular qb. However, I'm banging the table for another option at qb. Odds are that the organization is going to move on from Taylor. If you don't believe that then you are going to be disappointed when it happens this offseason. I'm open to any option other than the status quo. It's as simple as that. 

Just now, JohnC said:

I'm not banging the table for any particular qb. However, I'm banging the table for another option at qb. Odds are that the organization is going to move on from Taylor. If you don't believe that then you are going to be disappointed when it happens this offseason. I'm open to any option other than the status quo. It's as simple as that. 

so........like I said?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Not a prudent approach if the option is to start a worse QB like Mike FN Glennon or some of the other bums I have seen proposed on TSW.  No sale!

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not a prudent approach if the option is to start a worse QB like Mike FN Glennon or some of the other bums I have seen proposed on TSW.  No sale!

Whaley was ready to move on before he lost his authority. I'm confident that McBeane will move on. What options they will pursue I can't say for sure. But I'm very confident that they will find a viable option. Taylor was recently asked if he had heard anything from the organization about his status. He stated no. Many people are resistant to that obvious reality. I'm not. 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I fully expect every option to be looked at for improving every position. QB, OL, RB. Whatever. Just understand 2 things. ONE- They are worse options than Taylor. There are better, for sure but change for the sake of change just ruins team chemistry. TWO-Making the statement that Glennon could be a "dramatic upgrade" on anything makes anything else you have to say on the matter completely irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Whaley was ready to move on before he lost his authority. I'm confident that McBeane will move on. What options they will pursue I can't say for sure. But I'm very confident that they will find a viable option. Taylor was recently asked if he had heard anything from the organization about his status. He stated no. Many people are resistant to that obvious reality. I'm not. 

No doubt about that and that's not a problem for me.  If Whaley were in charge, Tyrod would have been gone in 2017 and the Bills would have maybe had Trubisky or Watson.  It's pretty obvious that Beane and McDermott want to move on too, but if they bring in a Glennon or McCown type that's a step backwards IMO.  I hope they can find a rookie to start like Rosen or Mayfield.  Barring that a bridge like Bradford with a developmental 1st round QB would be fine as well. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No doubt about that and that's not a problem for me.  If Whaley were in charge, Tyrod would have been gone in 2017 and the Bills would have maybe had Trubisky or Watson.  It's pretty obvious that Beane and McDermott want to move on too, but if they bring in a Glennon or McCown type that's a step backwards IMO.  I hope they can find a rookie to start like Rosen or Mayfield.  Barring that a bridge like Bradford with a developmental 1st round QB would be fine as well. 

After Whaley was dismissed he was asked in an interview if he had it to do over what would he have done differently? Without hesitation he said he wished he would have been more aggressive in addressing the qb position. 

As far as bringing in a rookie qb to start that isn't a big issue with me. My priority is to get the high end prospect on the roster and then take it from there. If the qb takes time to get ready, then so be it. If a qb shows that he can play right away or sometime during his rookie season, then so be it. His readiness will be the determining factor. I'm not hung up on the bridge qb issue as others are. My criteria are limited. The qb has to be able to run a pro offense and be able to throw the ball down field. 

27 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I fully expect every option to be looked at for improving every position. QB, OL, RB. Whatever. Just understand 2 things. ONE- They are worse options than Taylor. There are better, for sure but change for the sake of change just ruins team chemistry. TWO-Making the statement that Glennon could be a "dramatic upgrade" on anything makes anything else you have to say on the matter completely irrelevant.

Any qb who can run a pro option offense and throw the ball down the field is an upgrade over what Taylor can do. Not only do I firmly believe that but I also believe the McBeane duo also believe that. There are good reasons why he will not be on our roster when the season starts. 

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

After Whaley was dismissed he was asked in an interview if he had it to do over what would he have done differently? Without hesitation he said he wished he would have been more aggressive in addressing the qb position. 

As far as bringing in a rookie qb to start that isn't a big issue with me. My priority is to get the high end prospect on the roster and then take it from there. If the qb takes time to get ready, then so be it. If a qb shows that he can play right away or sometime during his rookie season, then so be it. His readiness will be the determining factor. I'm not hung up on the bridge qb issue as others are. My criteria are limited. The qb has to be able to run a pro offense and be able to throw the ball down field. 

Any qb who can run a pro option offense and throw the ball down the field is an upgrade over what Taylor can do. Not only do I firmly believe that but I also believe the McBeane duo also believe that. There are good reasons why he will not be on our roster when the season starts. 

Ok, now Glennon can run a pro option offense? Have you ever actually watched him play? 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s a terrible football player. Hard Pass

And I’m willing to bet that if Glennon and Tyrod are both available ( free agents ) we all know who gets picked up first 

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

For some people on this board any QB not named Tyrod would be better regardless of how good or bad they are. No point in arguing it won't matter.

It’s true. Anyone but Tyrod sounds great until a guy like Nate Peterman starts and shatters the interception record in a 16 game season 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

It’s true. Anyone but Tyrod sounds great until a guy like Nate Peterman starts and shatters the interception record in a 16 game season 

The odds are substantially higher that Peterman will be on next year's roster and Taylor won't be. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bridge QB + 1st/2nd round rookie increases the likelihood that Peterman is waived or on the Practice Squad.

I stated that Peterman was more likely to be on the roster next season than Taylor would. Do you disagree with that? 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bridge QB + 1st/2nd round rookie increases the likelihood that Peterman is waived or on the Practice Squad.

Ya it will all depend if they decide to carry 3 QBs or not.

I think at best Peterman is the 3rd stringer next year 

Just now, JohnC said:

I stated that Peterman was more likely to be on the roster next season than Taylor would. Do you disagree with that? 

What’s your point though? I still don’t know where you’re going with this