What trips do you have planed fo this year

mead107

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Where are the weddings? 

We did Bar Harbor, Maine years ago and spent the most we have every personally paid for a hotel. BEAUTIFUL, but my feet turned blue at the “beach” and there was so much fog the sight seeing trolley consisted of seeing....fog,  Lobster everywhere! 

My wife was chairing the Catholic Charities Ball several months away from the Bar Harbor trip and the Bishop notified us the first day he nixed all the work done because it was the “Hope Ball” and someone hours away in the diocese had used the word “Hope” for something about people in Africa. I’ve never punched a Bishop before, so it’s a good thing I was in Maine.  We eventually made up when she performed a miracle with the event. He opened my son’s funeral service recently. (Sorry, that wasn’t very cheery, but we made up and moved on.....so it’s at least positive) 

Both in Connecticut 

Funny, we have next to nothing scheduled. Kids are at that age summer is cooked for them, son camp counselor for close to 10 weeks, daughter summer job as a swim coach. 

Spring break is visiting friends in LA for a few days, and the Packers game is a given unless it is Christmas week. Thats it for now!

Wedding in Dallas in May.

Going up to Montreal for a bachelor party weekend for my buddy in June.  Guy is super shy and does not like a spotlight...so naturally we've got a strip club dragging him onstage for a special show.  Don't tell him!

Thinking about going to San Diego to see an old friend for a long weekend.

Two or three home games and ideally the trip to Green Bay.  We'll see though.

Oh and going to see Brian Fallon in either Jersey or Boston end of April.  Haven't decided which yet.

Edited by LeviF91

-Charleston, SC around easter weekend

-Wedding in the Baltimore area in April the following weekend

-Week-long trip to Cape Cod in July with the wife's family (these "family trips" drive me mad)

-Pearl Jam at Fenway on Labor Day weekend

We want to mix in a trip sometime in the summer for our 5th anniversary.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the time or not.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, we have next to nothing scheduled. Kids are at that age summer is cooked for them, son camp counselor for close to 10 weeks, daughter summer job as a swim coach. 

Spring break is visiting friends in LA for a few days, and the Packers game is a given unless it is Christmas week. Thats it for now!

You can just stay home for a change! 

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

My girl and I are also going to Maine. Portland.

Any suggestions on what to do around there greatly appreciated.

Maybe take a drive up the coastline to Boothbay or Bar Harbor. A long time ago I drove the coastline coming south from Calais and it was stunning, although north of Bar Harbor may be what I'm remembering.

Took a quick trip to Disney a few weeks ago to see my sons high school marching band. We had a nightmarish delay on the way down and ended up with $600 in flight vouchers that we have to use within a year.

Skiing Vail in March with a few friends. 

Tentative summer plan is a trip to the Canadian Rockies in July. 

Wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm hoping to use the $600 vouchers for Bills-Ravens

i'm of the group that probably won't be able to do a damn thing this year, and i desperately need to get away.  we have another kid coming in a few months, and god willing i break ground on a new office in a few months.  i'll be out of time and money.  we go to sackets harbor a few times in the summer, but i'm not sure that will even be an option.  

i think it's just going to be me angry drinking in the back yard.

18 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm of the group that probably won't be able to do a damn thing this year, and i desperately need to get away.  we have another kid coming in a few months, and god willing i break ground on a new office in a few months.  i'll be out of time and money.  we go to sackets harbor a few times in the summer, but i'm not sure that will even be an option.  

i think it's just going to be me angry drinking in the back yard.

Don't worry. You'll get used to it. Angry drinking will eventually lead to acceptance drinking.

40 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Don't worry. You'll get used to it. Angry drinking will eventually lead to acceptance drinking.

i was at acceptance drinking for a while, but i find it slowly slipping back into angry drinking.    circle of life.

• Like (+1) 1

London for a Premier League match in late April (Spurs and Watford in Wembley). We plan on visiting Wimbledon as well. Heavy pub action will ensue.

Same guy and I are driving out to Montana from Ohio for 10 days near Labor Day. I love the Mountain time zone.

We took a trip to Ft Lauderdale at end of January to just get away from cold.

My wife keeps talking about trip during spring break but never does any of leg work nor gives me enough info to do it.

Used time share last year (we only have points to go every other year) so unsure about summer; with school she can only get off late June to mid August which makes it peak price on most places.

I am hoping for a good away game considering opponents but need to see schedule.

Same with opener, have not been for a few years.