Philly Fans trash their city... MAFIA Let's clean up Buffalo!!!

Jobot

I'll bring this up again as it gets closer to becoming a reality.  I'm thinking organizing some donations of brooms / trash bags / etc... maybe some beer too

I PROPOSE - When the Bills win their first Superbowl (hopefully next year!), We take to the streets and clean the place up!  Sweep through the city and make it spotless!

• Like (+1) 6

Counter proposal:

I propose when the Bills win their first Super Bowl, we form up and go place to place and eat every chicken wing in town. Every. Single. One. Think of the financial boom for the town? 

As a nice side project:

We find every single person that dips said wings in ranch sauce and we send them to Cleveland. Every. Single. One.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

By the time the Bills win the Super Bowl, it will be like - "The Jetson's" time era.

We will all live up in the air, so there will be no streets - no trash - no mess.

Let's hope not...

Though "The Jetsons" never specified exactly what year in the future the show took place, original press materials said it was set in 2062—a century in the future. It was the network's first show to air in color, though only viewers in a few cities could actually see it in color.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Too late.  It's a part of the Bills culture now.  I don't know why folks don't enjoy it.

Well to each his own, but it is played out to the point of lame.

I’m a Bills fan. That’s good enough for me. I don’t need to be a ‘nation’ or a ‘mafia’ or an ‘army’.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Too late.  It's a part of the Bills culture now.  I don't know why folks don't enjoy it.

there is nothing positive about the word mafia. it is a very negative term. I make sure to distance myself form the term when ever it comes up

I never understood it either.. I Figured we can do better, but some people like to jump off the top of vans and crack their skulls and set themselves on fire.. Too each their own I guess :unsure:

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s lame.  I’d rather not be considered in a mafia.. Also people associate the bills “mafia” as idiots lighting themselves on fire and jumping through tables.  

I have friends who are fans of other teams and they all say lame.  Just a bad look.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

21 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Time to ditch the Bills Mafia phrase.. overplayed 

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

there is nothing positive about the word mafia. it is a very negative term. I make sure to distance myself form the term when ever it comes up

I never understood it either.. I Figured we can do better, but some people like to jump off the top of vans and crack their skulls and set themselves on fire.. Too each their own I guess :unsure:

I have never been fond of it at all. 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

In fact, I'm offended if i see some other jankity fanbase using it

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have never been fond of it at all. 

Lol - caring about the name so much to pretend like you'd be selling out.  Can't deny the fact that Bills Mafia is now a national brand after Andy Dalton charity donations....

Harness the power of the brand for good folks... personally I could care less what it's called.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Because I am not a wop, I am a paddy with a little limey, kraut and cherokee mixed in for good measure.  I have a word for what I think of the Bills Mafia, but it is probably more offensive than the ones I have already used.

Ma·fi·a
ˈmäfēə/
noun
noun: Mafia; noun: the Mafia
  1. an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the US and having a complex and ruthless behavioral code.
    • any organized group using extortion and other criminal methods.
      noun: mafia; plural noun: mafias
    • a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence.
      noun: mafia
      "the conservative top tennis mafia"
Origin
Italian (Sicilian dialect), originally in the sense ‘bragging.’

4 minutes ago, simool said:

Because I am not a wop, I am a paddy with a little limey, kraut and cherokee mixed in for good measure.  I have a word for what I think of the Bills Mafia, but it is probably more offensive than the ones I have already used.

You sir... need to steer clear of the internet.  Good luck :)