Time to rebuild

End of the day it was great season and that the Bills made the playoffs,  anyone looking at this current roster can see the writing on the wall.  Only one very good player under the age of 25 on this team and loads of positions that need upgrades.  This includes

- Bills need a QB and this should be top priority this offseason

- Shaddy is 30 and we have no depth behind him

- Losing Wood hurts offensive line,  Incognito is 34 years old

- Kyle was our best DL and may retire,  

- One of the worst WR groups in the NFL

- LB position needs upgrading at all 3 spots

- The Bills only true very good player under 25 is our rookie  Tre White,  they do have very good safety play

You could argue that other Bills teams had more talent and never made the playoffs then this team,  either way there is lots to do and it all starts with the QB.  My fear is the Bills will be afraid to trade up to get the best QB then can because they have so many holes to fill on this roster.  Everyone knows it starts and ends with the QB

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So they should trade up and waste draft picks to get the 5th best QB? Doesnt sound like a smart decision to me. There are gonna be teams that are gonna take a QB and won't trade out regardless of what we offer.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Nah seems like alot around here are good with 100 yds and 1 td  of offense

Brady gets 500 yds passing in the superbowl...how many games does it take

for the bills to get 500 passing yards? So depressing.

bills are playing 1970s football.

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day it was great season and that the Bills made the playoffs,  anyone looking at this current roster can see the writing on the wall.  Only one very good player under the age of 25 on this team and loads of positions that need upgrades.  This includes

- The Bills only true very good player under 25 is white,  they do have very good safety play

You could argue that other Bills teams had more talent and never made the playoffs then this team,  either way there is lots to do and it all starts with the QB.  My fear is the Bills will be afraid to trade up to get the best QB then can because they have so many holes to fill on this roster.  Everyone knows it starts and ends with the QB

They don't need to tear things down and re-build; they need to make use of their draft arsenal and re-stock the young talent on the team.

They currently have 8 draft picks in the first 5 rounds; if done well, they can add between 3-5 key players under the age of 23.

Obviously QB is a priority.  The other smart move would be to put together another FA period like they did last year, where they add value signings at key positions of need like DT and speed WR, possibly a LB as well.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

- The Bills only true very good player under 25 is white,  they do have very good safety play

This is a pretty pessimistic view of the situation

• Bills do need a QB
  • RB's aren't the most difficult position to fill
  • While I like Woods Ryan Groy did a nice job filling in two years ago.  The line needs help but played pretty well later in the season
  • Kyle is beloved but his play wasn't what it was in his prime.
  • The WR's are bad is the same thing we heard the year before but somehome Robert Woods and Marguise Goodwin became stars when they had a solid QB throwing the ball to them.
  • LB need help but that can be found
  • There is some talent under 25 beside White and we have lots of draft picks as of now. (Dion Dawkings, Zay Jones Matt Milano to name a few)

No more rebuilding

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

We are rebuilding... You don't have to dismantle a roster on purpose to build from within.  Tanking and rebuilding are two different things.

This guy gets it.

The rebuild started last offseason, continued  during the season, and will continue this off season and beyond. I like that the GM and HC are on the same page with the rebuild, and McD can get the most talent out of a roster (as shown by this years success). 

We do have a lot of holes to fill going forward, have the draft capital and money in FA to do so...this year and next. Its a process.......trust it 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

really good take, it is so important to make that distinction ......

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, HT02 said:

This is a pretty pessimistic view of the situation

• Bills do need a QB
  • RB's aren't the most difficult position to fill
  • While I like Woods Ryan Groy did a nice job filling in two years ago.  The line needs help but played pretty well later in the season
  • Kyle is beloved but his play wasn't what it was in his prime.
  • The WR's are bad is the same thing we heard the year before but somehome Robert Woods and Marguise Goodwin became stars when they had a solid QB throwing the ball to them.
  • LB need help but that can be found
  • There is some talent under 25 beside White and we have lots of draft picks as of now. (Dion Dawkings, Zay Jones Matt Milano to name a few)

No more rebuilding

What is it you don't agree with?  i would say DB is strongest position and we still need another starting corner.  Other then TE every position needs some improvements with QB being the biggest question mark.  You can spin it anyway you want,  there is lots to do and we need more play makers on this team.

Edited by Niagara Dude

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

What is it you don't agree with?  i would say DB is strongest position and we still need another starting corner.  Other then TE every position needs some improvements with QB being the biggest question mark.  You can spin it anyway you want,  there is lots to do

I dont think he wholly disagrees with you, you just take the extreme pessimistic approach, when he approached it as a realist who seems to agree that we have a lot of work to do. But this shouldnt have caught you, or anyone, by surprise. Of course we have a lot of work to do, luckily we have a lot of draft picks, money for FAs to get this done the right way. If you arent encouraged by the first offseason of McBeane and their plan, then I don't know what will satisfy you

We don't need a "tear it down" rebuild, we need a rebuild and have been doing so for 12 months....is that fact lost on you? 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, nuklz2594 said:

i am 54.  we have been attempting a rebuild for damn near 20 years.  the question is...does the owner, gm, and head coach have the same vision?  

I can relate.  For the first time, I believe the answer to your question is yes.  With a caveat... Pegula cannot get cold feet, he has to see it through.