Have to wonder how Shady feels today

T-Bomb

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I get the impression his "love" for Buffalo is genuine, but still, he grew up in Philly, was a hometown hero on that team, they finally win a SB while he is in his prime years, and he loses out because of Chip Kelly, a coach who was smarter than everyone else...

Yeah, this is the right read. I'm sure it sucks. I'm sure it's hard to not be like "I should've been there" on some level. He was dumped unceremoniously from a situation he was very happy in. I also think his love for Buffalo and love for playing is all entirely genuine. I'm sure he likes where he's at now. But still, it's your ex doing better without you. And they tried, weakly but tried, to get him back this year. So I'm sure it sucks for him to some degree, but I think he just turns that into being more committed to this team and more of a leadership role, stepping in where Eric Wood left off. He's been great as a leader already and could see him growing further with a QB change. His Tribune essay was all about wanting to win in the playoffs.

Bills need to add another viable starting RB, ideally in the first four picks, more of a power back but with more speed/agility than freaking Tolbert.  Shady needs to be in a RPO. Hopefully we mostly run an RPO. But the Bills also need a run-first game, so get a good power back.  This offense is totally different with a Fournette splitting time with McCoy either way, but if you can then also keep McCoy in the pass game and run him from shotgun, you also gain the better version of his skillset. 

Edited by LA Grant

Its amazing how things work out in life god has a bigger plan for these guys but it for sure doesn't mean that they have more than a bit of resentment towards Chip Kelly .

If Chip would have kept the players he shipped off the Eagles could have played for the Lombardi trophy during Kelly's tenure but he couldn't see the forest for the trees due to his ego !! 

I for one am glad that Shady is a Bill but feel a bit bad for him but it will all be good when he helps the Bills make it to the big game !! 

Go Bills !! 

17 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

That could have been him last night celebrating if McBeane would have let him go back to Philly in the Darby trade.

Probably the closest he'll ever come to a SB victory.  Man, Chip Kelly really screwed him.

I understand your take, about him being a player that could´ve been right there... celebrating as part of that team,

however I don´t understand the sudden ¨blame¨ you seem to place in Beane, did Shady asked to be let go?

do you have any source stating that? I would think he would be hating Chip for trading him away  for a LB, in any case!

In the other hand he is still a good back, and he can have an impact on his current team having a celebration on its own...

just sayin´ :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

I understand your take, about him being a player that could´ve been right there... celebrating as part of that team,

however I don´t understand the sudden ¨blame¨ you seem to place in Beane, did Shady asked to be let go?

do you have any source stating that? I would think he would be hating Chip for trading him away  for a LB, in any case!

In the other hand he is still a good back, and he can have an impact on his current team having a celebration on its own...

just sayin´ :rolleyes:

There was a news story on WGR recently that stated the Eagles were trying to get McCoy back when pawning off Matthews, McBeane said no.

Edited by T-Bomb
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reality is he was traded to the Bills. So it doesn't matter if he holds an emotional attachment for the Eagles. Don't forget they traded Shady away so they didn't value him as much as he might value them. Eagles are that pretty girl that sent him packing, time to let her go or he will look pathetic. 

Eagles won the Superbowl. He doesn't get to attach himself to that because he played for them at one time. So if he has some sort of emotional issue I don't know what to tell the guy. Quit living in the past your not an Eagle anymore they didn't want you. Your a Buffalo Bill go kiss our logo midfield and bring us to the big show.

I have to assume he is a solid pro and doesn't get all bent up emotionally over it. Like it would be a thing that could bother him but not cause him sleepless nights crying in his pillow cursing the Bills for ruining his life.

Edited by Lfod