The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

I'm not "Greg" but I wanted to share a random thought: 

Started watching the West Wing on Netflix the other day- It's pretty good, I think, even with the liberalism on display. I like the political side and the overall characters-- That being said, not sure if anyone here is familiar with it, but in watching this show about a Democratic president in the late 90's and his liberal staff, I have been shocked to see just how far left the left has actually gone in the past two decades. I don't know if the show runners displayed a softer left on purpose, or if there really is such a huge disparity between then and now. It's mind boggling.

Anyone seen the show? 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:59 PM, Foxx said:

Watching that without sound was pretty great....

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Because airplane travel isn't horrible enough...

I saw this on Twitter yesterday and was kind of stunned that nothing was done.

At the risk of sounding like the 'get off my lawn' guy, air travel is relatively indicative of something happening in our culture that is hard for me to digest and understand. I'm consistently surprised at the number of people who are getting ready to board a plane wearing pajamas, and carrying a pillow and blanket they clearly dragged with them out of their bed.

And it's not airplanes. Kids and adults are constantly walking around the neighborhood in what are really just flannel pajamas and slippers.And I'm not talking about on a side street, but they're literally walking to the grocery story like this.

That a grown man stripped down to his boxers to fly is disgusting, but somehow not surprising.

Tell me your Weirdest eating/drinking habit you had as a kid! . I’ll go first: When I was like 8 years old, I used to carry a little bottle of apple cider vinegar around wherever I went, taking a swig every now and then like a lush w/his flask.

Replying to

When I was a kid I found out that the stretch armstrong toys had this sugary goo inside them and when I tasted it I ripped that ***** open and ate them like a Zombie. My friend got mad cause I ate his. Also this one time I accidentally swallowed a Tamagotchi pet...

good times.

Breaking: Supreme Court rules 9-0 that the 8th Amendment's protections against excessive fines and fees is incorporated to the states, in case of Indiana man whose Land Rover was seized through asset forfeiture https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/17-1091_5536.pdf …

7:33 AM - 20 Feb 2019

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2