Swan Song for Belichick and Brady?

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

I have been predicting that this is Belichick's last year because of the Garropolo fiasco . The whole thing is contrary to Bill's MO, he has NEVER chosen to keep an aging veteran over the up and coming (and cheaper) young stud. IMHO he was over ruled by Kraft and forced to send Garropolo packing, it just makes NO sense to trade away your 3rd string QB, then part way through the season to trade away your 2nd string QB for peanuts ... something is rotten in Denmark there .... I can see Belichick feeling ... "I've proved my greatness, you think you can run this team better than I can ... have at it".

As far as Brady retiring ... I don't see it, he got his way, he has proved his "stuff" is bigger than Belichick's "stuff" ... he's a happy camper so I see him back for at least next year ... BUT ... if next year ends up a fecal storm because of the front office turnover, look for Tommy boy to bail quicker than a rat from a sinking ship.

Dumping BOTH backup QB’s smells like a spiteful move aimed at Kraft. ACTIVELY helping the assistants get HC jobs also removes possible successors. Hmmm

“Many in the league” - give me a break.  How likely is it that even if B.B. did plan to step down, “many” would know.

They’ll probably be right back in the show this time next year.  If this report was true, this would be one of the top 5 days in my life.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Ah, it's the annual "Maybe if they one more they will hang it up" fantasy. Wouldn't be Bills fandom without it.

Yes, but eventually, one day, we will be correct!

One thing for sure, Bills fans are willing to hold out hope for at least SEVENTEEN YEARS!

• Like (+1) 1

One of the more hilarious thing I’ve seen on message boards is delusional Pats fans who keep saying that they won’t miss a beat because BB is “grooming” his sons to take over and continue the dynasty FOREVAH.

Guess they never heard of the Shulas...

31 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Some of you guys underestimate their egos. They could shoot for the first NFL 3peat.

...so much for "swans"......Brady has been "on the decline" for HOW many years now?.........SOB's are on auto pilot....hate 'em, but they're good..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Success said:

One of the more hilarious thing I’ve seen on message boards is delusional Pats fans who keep saying that they won’t miss a beat because BB is “grooming” his sons to take over and continue the dynasty FOREVAH.

Guess they never heard of the Shulas...

Ha Ha OR the Ryans. ;)

Edited by cd1

If his words mean anything...

Ian Rappaport just reported Patriots expected Brady to play 2 more seasons and Belichick and Brady and team will discuss extension in the offseason.

The next young Qb the Patriots draft will probably be the aimed successor in 2020-2021.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Neither of them are riding off into the sunset after today's victory. Next year they'll be given a third straight, then a 4th and fifth straight. The final two years they'll go undefeated.

Except they will be losing today.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

If only one were to retire, who would you rather see go? 

Brady.  He executes that offense to perfection.  No other QB they have or get will be as good.

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The league won't allow that to happen.

I don't know about that.  Yes, I think the league helped them get here, but I think the Pats are on their own in the SB.  Look at the SB losses vs the Giants, Brady was called for intentional grounding in the 1st quarter, which ended up being a safety.  No way that happens in the regular season.

4 hours ago, transient said:

I’m hoping they lose, Belichick retires regardless, and Brady gets his ass handed to him in the cellar of the AFC for a few years. The one downside in this is it would undoubtedly cement Belichick’s greatness over Brady’s, but if it kicked sand in Brady’s vagina at the same time I could live with it. 

Yeah THIS......specially the Brady part.....