Head trainer Shone Gipson fired

Roundybout

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Best of luck. I know AW23 loves him but you gotta think we need better injury prevention. With this late night media dump by the Bills I'm just hoping we hear Juan Castillo is gone next. 

??????????

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The NFL is a weird place. My suggestion to anyone that gets in there is to become really good friends with people in power. You’ll have a job forever. “The Chuck Pagano Effect”

Dear Kirby Jackson,

You don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about!

Good day, Sir!

Sincerely,

Norv Turner

CC:  Jeff Fisher

(Kirby, Norv's head coaching tenures, alone, baffled me...his greatest succes coming on the heels of Schotty's time In San Diego, if memory serves me.  Just generally not a good coach who kept keeping his job.)

To add to the above, and I wanted to do it separately:

turner, 15 years a head coach, 4 playoff seasons.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dear Kirby Jackson,

You don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about!

Good day, Sir!

Sincerely,

Norv Turner

CC:  Jeff Fisher

(Kirby, Norv's head coaching tenures, alone, baffled me...his greatest succes coming on the heels of Schotty's time In San Diego, if memory serves me.  Just generally not a good coach who kept keeping his job.)

Marty Mornhinweg took the wind in sudden death overtime in 2002!! He still has a coordinator job in 2018.

• Haha (+1) 2

Truthfully I'm not positive that Carpenter retired voluntarily as much as he was pushed out the door, when paired with the fact that Gipson was fired immediately after the Carpenter announcement. Basically given them option of be fired or retire with dignity and we will all put on a happy face and call it a mutual decision.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He is and was hired prior to the OC last year if memory serves me correctly. That’s odd to me. I’d think that a HC that isn’t involved on the offensive side would have the OC hire a guy that fits. Daboll runs a power style and Castillo runs a zone. It’s strange that he is still there. 

Yea he was McDermott's very first hire.

Wrt Castillo, again, did he do that bad of a job, really?  He had a 3rd round rookie playing well at LT.  Ducasse played probably as good as he ever did in his career.  Mills' mistakes were limited to 2-3 per game.   I'm not sure you can blame Castillo for the running game decline - that's what happens when you get rid of all of your WR talent.  

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Terry Pegula: "Today we settle all family business: the analytics guy, the I.T. Guy, Gipson, Tatalia, Barzini, all the New York families...Tessio."

Kim: "I always thought it would be Clemenza."

Terry: "No...Tessio was always smarter."

Terry:  "Sean...today you have to answer for Castillo."

• Haha (+1) 1

Hugh Jackson 1-31 and 9-39 overall as a HC. Ummm still a HC. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wrt Castillo, again, did he do that bad of a job, really?  He had a 3rd round rookie playing well at LT.  Ducasse played probably as good as he ever did in his career.  Mills' mistakes were limited to 2-3 per game.   I'm not sure you can blame Castillo for the running game decline - that's what happens when you get rid of all of your WR talent.  

So let me get this correct. 

The OL and the OL coach is NOT responsible for the DL playing in the backfield a majority of the game. That blame goes to letting WRs go?

3 hours ago, eball said:

Terry:  "Sean...today you have to answer for Castillo."

Sean: “Terry Teflon stays. Go read Coach Tuesday on TSW, the reason the offensive line wasnt good was we let our WRs go in the offseason.” 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm not up in arms about Castillo like others are but...wasn't his title OL Coach/Run Game Coordinator?

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Outside of our run blocking and pass blocking being lousy the entire season, you make good points.

And I don't think Gipson was fired as much as he was simply shone the door. :o