Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

On 2/1/2018 at 3:52 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

Thanks for the verification!  

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is just a lazy and inaccurate assessment.

His career record is 43-27. He’s had a 40 td season and another with 31. 3-3 in the playoffs with an appearance in the afc title game is hardly getting schooled. It’s also universally known he’s had little help from any other unit on his teams. 

And now he hasnt been healthy in 2 years with injuries to his throwing shoulder. There was a report a couple months ago that the injury was so bad some people were thinking he was done forever. If you could draft a kid in the top 5 (plus trade compensation) or roll the dice that he'll be fine as a new coach/GM what would you do?

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And now he hasnt been healthy in 2 years with injuries to his throwing shoulder. There was a report a couple months ago that the injury was so bad some people were thinking he was done forever. If you could draft a kid in the top 5 (plus trade compensation) or roll the dice that he'll be fine as a new coach/GM what would you do?

Now this is solid reasoning to legitimately move on. Your first statement just wasn’t very accurate. This is a whole different can of worms here. And makes much more sense. 

On 2/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

Yeah, it's not as if he drafted Tebow. Oh, wait a minute ...  http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12461/mcdaniels-legacy-is-tebow

Seriously, though: McDaniels is an egotist. He shares that with many great coaches, as well as with many total failures as NFL coaches. He is the kind of guy who could very easily say give me Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield (they have the 3rd overall pick) and I'll shape him into the NFL QB I want. That way he'd get full credit for a Colts resurgence rather than sharing it with the triumphant return of Andrew Luck.

Or maybe we could sweeten the deal by including Nathan Peterman ...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 due to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.

Feb 6 - 9:19 PM

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He can learn to throw left handed and still be better than Tyrod

If he can complete 62-63% of his passes and have the lowest INT percentage ever left-handed I will be impressed!! 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 due to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.

The Luck situation is clearly a major factor. I think that the likeliest scenario though is the Pats gave him a big bump and appointed him HC after BB retires. 

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he can complete 62-63% of his passes and have the lowest INT percentage ever left-handed I will be impressed!! 

The Luck situation is clearly a major factor. I think that the likeliest scenario though is the Pats gave him a big bump and appointed him HC after BB retires. 

I think Belichick is retiring soon, like in the next few days. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That would shock me but them coming to a behind closed doors agreement that 2018 is his last ride would not at all. 

Agreed..

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you're saying Luck can be as good as tyrod playing with his left hand?

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Did Josh sign a contract with Indy?   

Does he have the right to see "privileged medical information" on Luck before the hire was official? 

EDIT -  No contract was signed

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@kdiggz said that. It feels like hyperbole to me.

Lol.

It was a joke since Tyrod's biggest supporters reference his NFL career low int% and his good comp%

:)

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did Josh sign a contract with Indy?   

Does he have the right to see "privileged medical information" on Luck before the hire was official? 

He didn't sign a contract from what ESPN reported last I saw.

I'm sure the medical info was discussed in talks with the ownership/etc.

I wonder if that violated any HIPAA laws.

I'm not really buying the Luck injury is worse than McDaniels originally thought narrative. The Colts still have the #3 pick. He could have selected the QB of the future.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Yea, not buying it. They still have the #3 pick. He could have gone there and selected a new QB. There are plenty of QBs to select from in this draft. If he only wants to go to a team with a proven QB, he's an even worse coach than originally thought.

It's a weak excuse.

Edited by Wayne Cubed