The one thing I am afraid of in the draft...

Big Turk

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'm worried the Bills will end up getting antsy with the QB position and then end up trading up for their 3rd or 4th choice.  They would give up both assets and not get one of their top choices which I think wpuld be an even bigger disaster than not drafting a guy at all

According to sources I trust it's not going to happen, the only guy they would make a move for if it's the right deal is Darnold so no need to be too concerned. No way this team reaches for another Losman or Manuel.

Also with the pressure of making the playoffs off their backs, this regime can sit back and keep the picks they've stockpiled and stay true to their draft board which is why I expect a stud DT taken with one of the 1st rounders. WR, DE, LB obviously in play too with the other 1st.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

According to sources I trust it's not going to happen, the only guy they would make a move for if it's the right deal is Darnold so no need to be too concerned. No way this team reaches for another Losman or Manuel.

Also with the pressure of making the playoffs off their backs, this regime can sit back and keep the picks they've stockpiled and stay true to their draft board which is why I expect a stud DT taken with one of the 1st rounders. WR, DE, LB obviously in play too with the other 1st.

Jesus will you stop with the sources thing?  You dont have any sources.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

In this hypothetical scenario, I'd assume some veteran QB + another developmental prospect (with Peterman at least in camp too). Whether it's Keenum, Bradford, a scrub like Derek Anderson, or even just keeping Tyrod, I'm not sure. But if they decide to move up for a LB, I don't think they can really afford to not have a veteran in place in case none of the top 5 QB prospects slide to #22 (hypothetically speaking, I'm assuming Buffalo only trades one of their 2018 first round picks to move up for a LB).

So signing a veteran in free agency, or trading for one who could start BEFORE the draft, is a prerequisite to moving up for R.Smith.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

what sources? please post links to such sources.

or, are you just trolling again?

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

So who's the QB we bring in? We're not drafting one high unless Darnold you say. And don't say Peterman!

Edited by horned dogs

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

So signing a veteran in free agency, or trading for one who could start BEFORE the draft, is a prerequisite to moving up for R.Smith.

Or just keeping Tyrod instead, yeah. I think it would be negligent to trade up for a LB and risk having Peterman/a 2nd or later round pick as your best QB option for 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If this regime has any sense at all they will find a quarterback.   Cleveland is an amazing example of drafting a lot of stud players at other positions and getting absolutely nowhere with them.   Unless the stud Defensive Tackle can also throw the ball, then I would say your assumption is completely off point.  If it is on point, and this staff doesnt find a quarterback they will be looking for a job in three years and we will be talking about which team that stud defensive tackle will go to next. 

i have learned to peacefully accept the maximum punishment the Bills draft is going to inflict on this fan (since 1973)

hey whatever, hope if works out... oh, 3 DBs in the first five picks...  hey whatever

• Like (+1) 1

More than anything else, I worry that Buffalo will do like they always do and try to justify their reasoning (to everyone, including the fans, a la the JP Losman draft) if they make a move like drafting someone who is not in their top 3-4 and do so by trading up. This is unpopular and disclaimer I was not an EJ fan however, unlike JP Losman where we reached because we bungled the earlier opportunity such as Roethlisberger*sp , when we picked EJ Manuel (although we most definitely reached), we AT LEAST had the sac to go get the only #1rd Qb in the draft. We literally had our choice and failed. However, we did it at (16ovr, I think?) and we recovered/are trying to recover still. Trading up to make sure we get our guy is not ideal but it beats the hell out of not making a move for the guy you want and then burning draft picks just to grab a Qb because you need to. We need to try and get the guy WE like, whoever that is.

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest fear is that they draft two defensive guys (DT LB) for picks 21 22 and then go o line and cb for the second round, and then we are looking at a third round qb.

I hope that one of their guys is there at 21 and we get him. I think that there may be 3 qbs off the board at 21 so hopefully they like number 4. i dont  see these guys going up to get into the top 6.

The only thing anyone should be worried about, is if this draft ends up as a train wreck.  

With all the picks they have, based on my suspicions that McD called the shots on the selections if they have the same hit rate in the top 3 rounds we have 4-5 new quality starters and maybe two borderline studs. 

If it it turns out Whaley had the talent finding process down and The reboot disrupted that- a whole lot of picks could be misfires and botch the draft. That would be a disaster. 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

My big fear is we give up 3 first rounders for Darnold or Allen. Those guys are very high bust risks, it wouldset us back years. Please... no!

Sit tight, and if Mayfield somehow falls out of the top-10, then start looking to move up. But only for a 1st & a 2nd, plus a low round pick if needed.

My fear is similar - if a little more vague.

My fear is we package our two first rounders (and maybe more) to get a QB that turns out to be the wrong guy.

I cannot believe that there are people on here scared to give away draft picks to move up??? If I believe a someone is going to be the next great QB I'd give away the entire draft class to move up and get the guy if necessary. I don't care if the next hall of fame RB, WR, LB, DE, DT... is sitting there on the board, without a QB it means nothing.

There's a reason it took 18 years to get out of the drought we didn't have a QB.

The only reason drafts are scary every year is the dreaded bust. And we've had more than our share. None of us have any clue how these qbs will play. Whoever did their so called homework on EJ, Maybin, Losman all failed or they just guessed poorly. All we can do as we avoid barking spiders is hope our current scouting staff are competent. But we ALL agree we need a very good QB badly.