Trade Tyrod

On 2/1/2018 at 5:20 PM, The_Dude said:

There isn’t one team in the NFL right now that has Tyrod’s name on their board as a possible starter. Tyrod is awful and there are plenty of options and if Taylor is released he’s at best the 5th ranked free agent at his position behind:

1. Cousins

2. Bridgewater

3. Bradford

4. Keenum

if you’re a team that needs a QB those four guys are more attractive than Taylor, and that’s saying a lot considering the health of Bridgewater and Bradford. 

So say you’re a QB needy team and you don’t want any of those four, you’re still going to entertain the draft before Tyrod Taylor. 

Tyrod is awful. He’s not “ok.” He’s not “good.” He’s awful.

He is however a decent option for a backup. If I were the Seahawks or Cowboys I wouldn’t mind Tyrod at about $3 million a year to be the backup. But that’s it. That man is a bad QB and he’s a backup at best, and I am so confident in this that I’ll say there isn’t one team in the league hoping to bring Tyrod in to start for them. 

So why would anybody trade for him?

Dude, we're trying get some thing here!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. In order to trade Taylor you have to pick up his option. You good with that?

NO. You do not need to pick up his option. You just need to make the trade official on Mar 14, 2018 at 4 pm to midnight or anytime on Mar 15, 2018 up to midnight.

Just like the Alex Smith trade and contract that is pending but supposedly a done deal.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, a three-time Pro Bowler, but that just doesn't mean much when it refers to a three-time replacement, never voted in.

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better, and this year was a great deal better.

I'd love to see a trade, but again, there will only be a three-day window after the trade season opens and before his $6 mill roster bonus must be paid. That three-day window is going to be extremely problematic. It could be possible, but the window will likely limit the compensation if it actually happens.

If they had time to hold onto him they could probably get maybe a 4th. As it is, knowing he's almost certain to be a free agent three days after he becomes available for trade, they're more likely to get a 6th, something around there.

I think it is a two day window as the 6 mill bonus is due on 3rd day if TT is on Bills roster.

But why can't they do the trade right now just like Alex Smith trade and contract was done???? Smith trade is not official until Mar 14 2018 4pm at the earliest ONLY if both teams send in paperwork.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Well Smith is signed for 2018. Taylor is a free after unless you pick up his option. Whose going to trade you for someone they could just wait and sign?

Tyrod is signed for 2018. There is no option to pick up. A 6 mill  roster bonus is due 3rd day of league year.

Edited by cba fan

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Probably have to give a pick with Tyrod like Houston had to do with Osweiler.   No team will give up a pick for Tyrod and his 18 million left on his contract.  

Why would you give up a pick to unload a 18 mill contract that you instead could just cut TT and keep your pick??

Just not a good qb. Maybe if you build a very specific offense, then ok. 

There is also some baggage, IMO, regarding the race thing. Black QBs being held to a higher standard.

I offer no opinion on that, but the guy completely deserved to be benched when he was.

It was unfortunate that our backup stb in a spectacular manner.

Edited by billsintaiwan
Misspelling

Maybe the Bills can package him and Peterman and trade them to Rams to be reunited with Watkins and Woods.   Get r done.   Rams love Buffalo guys. 

You know...the old classic buy one get one free sale. :D

Edited by PolishDave
  • Haha (+1) 2

If trading him was a option they would do it, sadly for OBD he is a overpriced not good enough backup that nobody wants to give a draft pick for just like Fitz was so IMO they will not get anything for him. The only way to move on to 2018 season is to do what they did with overpaid backup Fitz, dump and move on.

Edited by xRUSHx

After his recent interview how he said he wouldn’t take a pay cut, you have to believe that Tyrod is smart enough to understand that his current contract is cost prohibitive for the Bills keeping him- especially at the level of production he provides.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

If trading him was a option they would do it, sadly for OBD he is a overpriced not good enough backup just like Fitz was so IMO they will not get anything for him. The only way to move on to 2018 season is to do what they did with overpaid backup Fitz.

If we got a 6th/7th for him I would be surprised...but then again, didn’t Matt Cassel fetch s 5th rounder...so who knows...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

After his recent interview how he said he wouldn’t take a pay cut, you have to believe that Tyrod is smart enough to understand that his current contract is cost prohibitive for the Bills keeping him- especially at the level of production he provides.

If we got a 6th/7th for him I would be surprised...but then again, didn’t Matt Cassel fetch s 5th rounder...so who knows...

Cassel had those years in NE behind Brady so IMO that alone gave him a little more value. He also is a QB that does not need a special system made for him.

Tyrod needs a Taylor made offense made just for him so IMO to pay that much of a contract the Bills have for him for a QB that needs a special Taylor made system I just do not see it, let alone to give any draft picks for him. It is why last season no team was willing and the same will happen this off season.IMO

IMO

A team will add him to the roster but Tyrod will have to get paid less and learn to play the system all the other QBs play otherwise he won't stay on even there roster. That is why I think he won't even fetch a 7th round pick.

If you factor in Tyrod has had a new OC every year shows even a system made for him proves he is just not worth all that much if anything for such a one trick pony.

Edited by xRUSHx

10 hours ago, cba fan said:

NO. You do not need to pick up his option. You just need to make the trade official on Mar 14, 2018 at 4 pm to midnight or anytime on Mar 15, 2018 up to midnight.

Just like the Alex Smith trade and contract that is pending but supposedly a done deal.

I think it is a two day window as the 6 mill bonus is due on 3rd day if TT is on Bills roster.

But why can't they do the trade right now just like Alex Smith trade and contract was done???? Smith trade is not official until Mar 14 2018 4pm at the earliest ONLY if both teams send in paperwork.

Tyrod is signed for 2018. There is no option to pick up. A 6 mill  roster bonus is due 3rd day of league year.

Tyrod does not have the same market as Alex Smith.  Alex Smith s a better player.  Every team knows about Taylors roster situation so you would have more leverage the closer to that date.  Most would just let the bills cut him and all you have to do is sign him and not give anything else up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2018 at 12:22 AM, Virgil said:

That’s what some thought the chiefs would do. 

I think there will be a market for Tyrod.  It may only be a 3rd or a 4th, but he’s better than what else is out there and he’s cheap. I think the odd man out in Minnesota will get more than 18 mil. 

Problem is, if I’m the Bills, do I really want to risk not getting my QB in the draft, losing TT, and having no one besides Peterman and some 10 mil guy?

Why would there be a market for him when everybody knows the Bills are going to cut him. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Cassel had those years in NE behind Brady so IMO that alone gave him a little more value. He also is a QB that does not need a special system made for him.

Tyrod needs a Taylor made offense made just for him so IMO to pay that much of a contract the Bills have for him for a QB that needs a special Taylor made system I just do not see it, let alone to give any draft picks for him. It is why last season no team was willing and the same will happen this off season.IMO

A team will add him to the roster but Tyrod will have to get paid less and learn to play the system all the other QBs play otherwise he won't stay on even there roster. That is why I think he is won't even fetch a 7th round pick.

Sounds about right

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Maybe the Bills can package him and Peterman and trade them to Rams to be reunited with Watkins and Woods.   Get r done.   Rams love Buffalo guys. 

You know...the old classic buy one get one free sale. :D

If we traded Taylor to the Rams Woods and Watkins would come back to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO there isn't a HC or OC anywhere who wants him. How many has he gone through in Buf?

Roman, Lynn(OC), Rex, Lynn(HC), Rico, 5 coaches, no way is he wanted.

He's a coach killer in their minds and who wants a coach killer? Not coaches.