Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why is it always about Hillary with you?  She's home on the couch with her feet up. Time to move on. 

I'm not certain you understand the meaning of the word "obviously".  Your President Trump filed his tax returns, any discrepancies would be between Your President Trump and the IRS. That's the only transparency that really matters, right?  

There is a very good reason for Trump to not disclose his tax returns. Can you imagine what this media would do with the type of complicated tax returns Trump has to have?

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There is a very good reason for Trump to not disclose his tax returns. Can you imagine what this media would do with the type of complicated tax returns Trump has to have?

You mean he has more than a 1040 EZ?

Edited by Chandemonium

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why is it always about Hillary with you?  She's home on the couch with her feet up. Time to move on. 

I'm not certain you understand the meaning of the word "obviously".  Your President Trump filed his tax returns, any discrepancies would be between Your President Trump and the IRS. That's the only transparency that really matters, right?  

Nope, My president should be transparent just like he thinks the government should be. 

Especially with the stink of corruption he has brought to the WH 

30 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, agreed. I enjoyed when he told them to stuff it. 

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nope, My president should be transparent just like he thinks the government should be. 

Especially with the stink of corruption he has brought to the WH 

I don't follow the logic that submitting a tax return to the appropriate regulatory body, having them review and adjust it as they see fit, somehow skirts transparency.  Just the opposite in fact.

I understand why Trump Haters would say that, but it's a silly argument. Its like saying you have registered your car, so you must have a dwi that you're hiding. So there's no confusion for the liberals among us, substitute "your mom's car" in the above example as needed. 

• Like (+1) 3

Note, Bill Priestap has been testifying behind closed doors all day (still going). Not a single leak yet. 

Why? 

His testimony is damning to A LOT of fake narratives that have been pushed by a lot of dirty actors (Schiff - though he's not in either hearing/media et al). 

ZJnLFC4y.jpg:large

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...7+ hours now and still going. 

A MORE central role than previously known? He was already very central... 

This is going to be bad news for a lot of people.

(I hate when posts merge - but don't bump the thread. Just MO)

For him to play a more central role, wouldn't he need to be the ringleader?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

For him to play a more central role, wouldn't he need to be the ringleader?

One would think. 

My early, off the cuff take on this statement is that Bill P laid out what we have covered and known for awhile down here, namely that Strzok worked around (rather than with) Bill Priestap and was taking orders directly from McCabe and the White House (cutting out even Comey in that loop). 

...And it's over. 

De9btdxVAAAdiyd.jpg

pic of Bill leaving.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yes, agreed. I enjoyed when he told them to stuff it. 

I don't follow the logic that submitting a tax return to the appropriate regulatory body, having them review and adjust it as they see fit, somehow skirts transparency.  Just the opposite in fact.

I understand why Trump Haters would say that, but it's a silly argument. Its like saying you have registered your car, so you must have a dwi that you're hiding. So there's no confusion for the liberals among us, substitute "your mom's car" in the above example as needed. 

You having to go so far to defend him in this regard blows up your own argument. If there is nothing to see then there is nothing to hide. He's the one that brags about his business experience, well, let's see what the idiot is bragging about. 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You having to go so far to defend him in this regard blows up your own argument. If there is nothing to see then there is nothing to hide. He's the one that brags about his business experience, well, let's see what the idiot is bragging about. 

He's hiding it from you.  You're unimportant.  

If he were hiding it from the IRS, then maybe you'd have a point.  But he's not.

• Like (+1) 2

One would think. 

My early, off the cuff take on this statement is that Bill P laid out what we have covered and known for awhile down here, namely that Strzok worked around (rather than with) Bill Priestap and was taking orders directly from McCabe and the White House (cutting out even Comey in that loop). 

...And it's over. 

De9btdxVAAAdiyd.jpg

pic of Bill leaving.

You've floated that theory before that Comey wasn't involved in this.  Hadn't given that theory much credence before, but it COULD explain some things that don't add up (from this far away).  

1st, it could explain why Comey's behavior seemed so strange around and after the election.  Things he thought he knew might not have been so.  It isn't a good look for him: being unaware of what's going on around him, but at least that isn't treasonous.

2nd, it could help explain why it looks on the surface like Mueller should be going hard after 45 because of the way his friend Comey was treated and the way the FBI (or elements of it) are getting dragged through the mud.  But if he is more targeting the people that made his friend into a bit of a dupe and tarnished the department, that would make a lot of the things (indictments and leaks) that have come out about his investigation so far make more sense.  Going after Manafort for his stuff that happened while he was tied into the Podesta Group rather than when he was in 45's campaign being one example.

Still not sure that the theory is correct, but it is showing plausibility.  

And pretty sure nobody would ever buy this whole story if it weren't actually happening.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

...Still not sure that the theory is correct, but it is showing plausibility.  

And pretty sure nobody would ever buy this whole story if it weren't actually happening.

Certainly plausible. 

Look at how insulated they kept Comey in the email investigation. McCabe waited four weeks to tell Comey about Weiner's laptop discovery. That's not only against protocol, it's a violation of the chain of command. 

I believe Comey was viewed by Obama, Clinton, McCabe, Brennan, and the other higher-ups of the conspiracy to be nothing more than a bumbling yes-man who could do more damage than good if he was in the loop on everything. They efforted to keep him out of the loop on as much as possible - partially for plausible deniability, partially because they viewed him with contempt (as the texts between Strzok and Page show if you dig into them). 

Comey's got dirt under his nails, no question. But he's not one of the architects of this. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:o

One would think. 

...And it's over. 

De9btdxVAAAdiyd.jpg

pic of Bill leaving.

I can’t quite tell how red his bung hole is from that pic. Though I imagine he’s walking a lot like Frank Gallagher did when crossing the border into the USA as a mule. :o

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I can’t quite tell how red his bung hole is from that pic. Though I imagine he’s walking a lot like Frank Gallagher did when crossing the border into the USA as a mule. :o

I missed that episode. What season?

I think three. Shiela had been giving him enema therapy treatments IIRC. His stretched ah, hem... rectum became cavernous and allowed him to be an Alpha mule and he snagged an extra bag of coke that the cartel didn’t realize he swiped. 

That Frank, he was an enterprising SOB. :lol:

Can't make it up: Lawyer for FBI leaker Andrew McCabe is complaining about leaks from the Justice Department.

:lol:

Thank you - best laugh of the day!

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Foreign travel, eh? If only we had covered that here. 

Oh, wait. We did. :beer:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Olivia’s beaver

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If I were a betting man, I'd wager he has some of the best protection around him in the world. And has for awhile. 

Cant have any double tap suicides.

Edited by joesixpack

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He's hiding it from you.  You're unimportant.  

If he were hiding it from the IRS, then maybe you'd have a point.  But he's not.

Yes! You just made my point for me. (Love it when you do that ?) The whole point I was making was that he was crying about transparency. Now you see he is hiding it. Thanks! 

Lynd-ar-skin-ard just wanted to change the subject away from transparency and you have brought it around back to the correct point. You are the best! 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes! You just made my point for me. (Love it when you do that ?) The whole point I was making was that he was crying about transparency. Now you see he is hiding it. Thanks! 

Lynd-ar-skin-ard just wanted to change the subject away from transparency and you have brought it around back to the correct point. You are the best! 

Transparency is a subjective concept, and you run the risk of appearing a zealot when you imply otherwise. For every "Trump won't release his tax return" there is a "Obama won't release his birth certificate", "Obama won't release his college transcripts" or "Hillary and Bill sure seem to know a lot of dead people who were formerly alive".* 

I believe a properly filed tax return with appropriate payments to the designated tax agency that accepts the return with/without modification reflects the only transparency that matters.  I feel that way about our President Trump, former presidents Obama, Young Bush, Clinton, Old Bush, and Nearly president and Almost Facebook CEO Hillary Clinton.  

More importantly, I guess, is that I support President Trump's right as a citizen to pursue life, liberty and happiness.  If it makes him happy to NOT provide his tax returns, and keeps him free from the tyranny of baseless innuendo from his enemies, then justice prevails and we are all better for it.  Even you, sir. 

Signed, 

Lynd-ar-skin-ard (sounds like a Swedish tribute band) 

*Bill and Hillary sure do seem to know a lot of dead people who were formerly alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Transparency is a subjective concept, and you run the risk of appearing a zealot when you imply otherwise. For every "Trump won't release his tax return" there is a "Obama won't release his birth certificate", "Obama won't release his college transcripts" or "Hillary and Bill sure seem to know a lot of dead people who were formerly alive".* 

I believe a properly filed tax return with appropriate payments to the designated tax agency that accepts the return with/without modification reflects the only transparency that matters.  I feel that way about our President Trump, former presidents Obama, Young Bush, Clinton, Old Bush, and Nearly president and Almost Facebook CEO Hillary Clinton.  

More importantly, I guess, is that I support President Trump's right as a citizen to pursue life, liberty and happiness.  If it makes him happy to NOT provide his tax returns, and keeps him free from the tyranny of baseless innuendo from his enemies, then justice prevails and we are all better for it.  Even you, sir. 

Signed, 

Lynd-ar-skin-ard (sounds like a Swedish tribute band) 

*Bill and Hillary sure do seem to know a lot of dead people who were formerly alive. 

no, he called for transparency when he is the only candidate since like the 1960's to not be transparent. He is--among other things--a hypocrite and that should be plain to see to everyone regardless of party ?

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

no, he called for transparency when he is the only candidate since like the 1960's to not be transparent. He is--among other things--a hypocrite and that should be plain to see to everyone regardless of party ?

We were discussing transparency, and now you've opted to move away from that? 

He transparently filed his taxes. That is not in dispute.  He opted not to release his returns, which is clearly his right, and he was transparent on his decision. That is also not in dispute. The only issue in dispute is your unfounded allegation that evidence of compliance is evidence of wrongdoing, and that's a very shallow and egregiously biased take.  

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it, and we can agree that every candidate since like the 17whatevers has been guilty of that. 

i find his candor on hypocrisy refreshing.

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We were discussing transparency, and now you've opted to move away from that? 

He transparently filed his taxes. That is not in dispute.  He opted not to release his returns, which is clearly his right, and he was transparent on his decision. That is also not in dispute. The only issue in dispute is your unfounded allegation that evidence of compliance is evidence of wrongdoing, and that's a very shallow and egregiously biased take.  

Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it, and we can agree that every candidate since like the 17whatevers has been guilty of that. 

i find his candor on hypocrisy refreshing.

No, his position on transparency is hypocritical 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, his position on transparency is hypocritical 

he's been transparent. but let's move on. 

did we agree on the hypocrisy of all candidates, or are you holding the line ok "your guys good, everyone else bad"?

I'm trying to figure out how extreme you are relative to Belle Fourche.  I've got you in Alaska right now. 

what do they hope to find on tax returns?

i'm astounded by what clients and the police think are supposed to be on a personal tax return, let alone a corporate return.

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

he's been transparent. but let's move on. 

did we agree on the hypocrisy of all candidates, or are you holding the line ok "your guys good, everyone else bad"?

I'm trying to figure out how extreme you are relative to Belle Fourche.  I've got you in Alaska right now. 

By not releasing his taxes like every other candidate since the 60's??? Seriously?  

You call that transparent? 

They're citing the report directly. First spin is that Comey was the ultimate bad guy... it won't work.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-watchdog-finds-comey-defied-authority-fbi-director/story?id=55670834&cid=social_twitter_abcn

You know the report is bad if this is the deflection - throwing Comey under the bus rather than denying its import.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're citing the report directly. First spin is that Comey was the ultimate bad guy... it won't work.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-watchdog-finds-comey-defied-authority-fbi-director/story?id=55670834&cid=social_twitter_abcn

You know the report is bad if this is the deflection - throwing Comey under the bus rather than denying its import.

Well in fairness, Comey was the bad guy until he was fired like the establishment had wanted at which point he became the good guy.  Give it time, depending on responses to the next responses, he'll cycle back to being a good guy again in their eyes.  At least until it's expedient for him to be a bad guy again.

• Like (+1) 2

Of course. Comey was the mastermind. Except that he wasn’t.

He was a deaf dumb and blind guy while others played for the ball. From SoHo down to Washington we’ll see their type fall. They got crazy flipping stories about really nothing at all. 

All they got is distractions they play like they don’t smell. That deaf dumb and blind guy will go with them to hell. 

Not sure, but it might make it to Broadway some day. :unsure:

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

By not releasing his taxes like every other candidate since the 60's??? Seriously?  

You call that transparent? 

Correctamundo Potsy!  President Trump was transparent in submitting the tax returns as required by law, and in choosing not to release them as is his right as a citizen. He showed great courage in going against the grain as you surely must acknowledge.  Transparent to the second power. Voters considered that issue, as is their right, and clearly saw it as no big deal as he cruised to victory.  

And your thoughts on hypocrisy of political candidates since 1960, since you brought it up? I'm willing to go back further, but you seem hyper-fixated on one relatively brief period of time from 1960-2016.