Nunes Memo to be Released

More and more, I’m beginning to think that the reason for the delay in releasing the memo is that the White House is still brainstorming how to best finesse it all because it’s their last ditch chance to quash (or dampen or diminish) the Mueller investigation, probably because Mueller actually has some damaging stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's zero mention inside the article of new "concerns" from the FBI - yet this is the headline:

Why are they lying to you? Ask yourself this seriously. 

Whatever is in this memo has them SHOOK.

Yes. Everyone knows that context is key to understanding things like intent.

e.g., without the proper context one might think that Gary Busey is a bat-**** loon.

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

More and more, I’m beginning to think that the reason for the delay in releasing the memo is that the White House is still brainstorming how to best finesse it all because it’s their last ditch chance to quash (or dampen or diminish) the Mueller investigation, probably because Mueller actually has some damaging stuff.

If Mueller has damaging stuff, it's along the lines of Trump's personal & business dealings, not anything related to the campaign

8 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Yeah,  surely they will attempt to make mountains out of (relative to an attempted coup) a molehill.

More like, "Bury the FBI corruption story, or lose your business emprire and see your kids/son in law go to jail"

19 minutes ago, GG said:

More like, "Bury the FBI corruption story, or lose your business emprire and see your kids/son in law go to jail"

They may be threatening that, but I have to believe that Trump holds the best cards, or he wouldn't have gotten involved in running for President in the first place , or at least wouldn't be pursuing the release of this memo right now.

1 hour ago, Cugalabanza said:

You haven't been following this very closely, have you?

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes. Here are two good reasons why. 

First, Clapper - who has said repeatedly for over a year that there was no FISA WARRANT ON TEAM TRUMP now not only admits that there was one, but concedes that the dossier was used to extend it. 

This isn't a slip. He's a professional liar. It's the USIC trying to get ahead of the memo. 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/01/31/whoopsie-james-clapper-states-clinton-steele-dossier-was-used-for-fisa-surveillance-extension/

Then there's Schiff's move an hour ago. He's playing a dangerous game... one he won't win:

Oh, !@#$ off, Schiff.  You wouldn't even let Democrats read the memo, now you're claiming ownership of the Committee review?  

• Like (+1) 1

#FullofSchiff is trending. My day is starting wonderfully. 

Pelosi calling for Nunes' removal now. What are they so afraid of? Schiff and Pelosi are trying to prevent you from seeing information about abuses inside your government. That should alarm anyone who isn't partisan. 

The lengths they're going through to prevent this information from coming out, to lessen its impacts through leaks, slander, and outright lies, is really unprecedented.

Ask yourselves why. Ask yourselves if you've ever seen something this kabuki theater like.

We are in a crisis. Not of Trump's making, but of the making of those who routinely abused the spying powers of the federal government to suppress political opposition and to line their own pockets. It violates every letter of the constitution, every spirit of the law, every principle this country is supposed to stand for... 

And Schiff and Pelosi don't want you to know about it. 

1 hour ago, GG said:

Do you believe the DOJ would make an offer to Trump to quash Mueller's probe in exchange for not pursuing the FISA abuse issues?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

#FullofSchiff is trending. My day is starting wonderfully. 

Pelosi calling for Nunes' removal now. What are they so afraid of? Schiff and Pelosi are trying to prevent you from seeing information about abuses inside your government. That should alarm anyone who isn't partisan. 

The lengths they're going through to prevent this information from coming out, to lessen its impacts through leaks, slander, and outright lies, is really unprecedented.

Ask yourselves why. Ask yourselves if you've ever seen something this kabuki theater like.

We are in a crisis. Not of Trump's making, but of the making of those who routinely abused the spying powers of the federal government to suppress political opposition and to line their own pockets. It violates every letter of the constitution, every spirit of the law, every principle this country is supposed to stand for... 

And Schiff and Pelosi don't want you to know about it. 

They're not trying to prevent release.  They're trying to preemptively discredit the memo.  And laying the groundwork for censuring Republican Congressional leadership when they take back Congress.

This is turning in to a fight over which party gets to outlaw the other.  And Democrats have the upper hand, as they control the message.

Just now, DC Tom said:

They're not trying to prevent release.  They're trying to preemptively discredit the memo.  And laying the groundwork for censuring Republican Congressional leadership when they take back Congress.

This is turning in to a fight over which party gets to outlaw the other.  And Democrats have the upper hand, as they control the message.

I would argue they've been trying for 12 days now to prevent the release. Doesn't make the rest of what you said untrue - it is. But they are terrified of this memo. Schiftting in their pants quite literally.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I would argue they've been trying for 12 days now to prevent the release. Doesn't make the rest of what you said untrue - it is. But they are terrified of this memo. Schiftting in their pants quite literally.

If they were truly trying to prevent it, they'd have filed suit in a friendly circuit court by now.  That they haven't shows that they know they're powerless to prevent release.

But they do know they control the message, and can preemptively discredit it.

And I expect they will file suit, just to get a court ordered delay of release while the case is heard, in order to get more time to preemptively discredit the memo.

• Like (+1) 1

(so they redacted and backdate the memo)

This isn't the perfectly accurate memo!!!

(that's okay, any IT department can put together the chain of content for the document through the last 2 years to a level that historical criticism cannot object to...)

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If they were truly trying to prevent it, they'd have filed suit in a friendly circuit court by now.  That they haven't shows that they know they're powerless to prevent release.

But they do know they control the message, and can preemptively discredit it.

And I expect they will file suit, just to get a court ordered delay of release while the case is heard, in order to get more time to preemptively discredit the memo.

Oh, agree they have no power to prevent the release through traditional means. No doubt.

I do think we've seen some less than traditional means to try to keep this under wraps through various pressure and influence campaigns - including (possibly) yesterday's attempted train derailment. Had that been a bigger accident, no one would be talking about the memo today. Or tomorrow. Or the next day. 

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Search Nunes Memo, all the results are related to why it shouldn't be released and or how Nunes altered the memo. Thats the message.

Without a doubt. 

Now try that same search on duckduckgo and see if there is a difference... 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do you believe the DOJ would make an offer to Trump to quash Mueller's probe in exchange for not pursuing the FISA abuse issues?

If everyone is in self-preservation mode, then nothing is off the table.  That's my guess for Mueller wanting to interview Trump to let him know that a lot of personal details will be exposed, including the full extent of Trump Organization's financial dealings and the sleazy Kushner real estate empire. 

Don't ignore the potential for an overtly vindictive character like Chris Christie waiting to extract revenge on Kushner for blocking him from a role iin the Administration.  Remember Christie's role prior to governor?

1 minute ago, GG said:

If everyone is in self-preservation mode, then nothing is off the table.  That's my guess for Mueller wanting to interview Trump to let him know that a lot of personal details will be exposed, including the full extent of Trump Organization's financial dealings and the sleazy Kushner real estate empire. 

Don't ignore the potential for an overtly vindictive character like Chris Christie waiting to extract revenge on Kushner for blocking him from a role iin the Administration.  Remember Christie's role prior to governor?

I'm not doubting you, just wanted to hear more. 

I in fact agree with that analysis in terms of it being possible. If you saw anything of mine from last week I made a point of noting how various right leaning journalists were suddenly touting the line "the Russians duped both sides, it wasn't the DNC/FBI/DOJ's fault they abused their powers, they were tricked and trying to protect America". 

Which of course is really the same offer with different terms. Both scenarios amount to the same thing: the FBI/DOJ suing for peace. Drop the FISA abuse stuff and we'll drop the Mueller probe (because Mueller's probe would have to be bunk if everyone concedes the Russians duped both sides). Or drop the FISA stuff and we'll drop what we found out about your family or business dealings. 

But then again, if we really stop to think about that... IF the FBI/DOJ is willing to make a deal to let Trump (or his family) slide on charges in order to save their own skin then that just proves the entire FBI/DOJ is corrupt beyond repair. It would mean both are incredibly dirty and we are absolutely !@#$ed and our Republic is dead.

I don't believe that's the case. I think the infestation is small in terms of numbers - and the bad actors have already been isolated weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, GG said:

He went to Jared. :unsure:

Actually, he put his old man in the slammer.

Why is it that leakers are held up as virtuous heroes in America?

Watergate - Deep Throat

Viet Nam War - The Pentagon Papers

The list goes on and is long.

Now, when we're apparently seeing circumstantial evidence - and those "in the know" have seen prima facie evidence - of what appears to be corruption at the highest levels of the FBI, Justice Departments and the IC of this country we're being kept in the dark by what amounts to a seriously coordinated concerted cover up. 

• Like (+1) 1

If GG's more right than wrong, I would hope that Trump would not take that deal. 

Go Open Kimono baby! :w00t:

He'd have his empire built back in no time. He'd be back on Reality TV and would have flushed the swamp down the toilet like it so badly needs.

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

He went to Jared. :unsure:

Actually, he put his old man in the slammer.

Why is it that leakers are held up as virtuous heroes in America?

Watergate - Deep Throat

Viet Nam War - The Pentagon Papers

The list goes on and is long.

Now, when we're apparently seeing circumstantial evidence - and those "in the know" have seen prima facie evidence - of what appears to be corruption at the highest levels of the FBI, Justice Departments and the IC of this country we're being kept in the dark by what amounts to a seriously coordinated concerted cover up. 

The irony is so hilarious out here in LA. The Post - lined with Oscar hopefuls and pimped as being a resistance movie is all about The Post rushing to publish classified material against the government's wishes. 

The same people lauding that movie, its actors, and its producers for telling a "crucial and timely story" are HOWLING to keep 4 pages of non classified material from the public. 

Of course the whole movie is ridiculous since the Times did all the work on the Pentagon Papers... but Hollywood LOVES to fawn over themselves, facts and history be damned.

Schiff Claims House Intel Republicans ‘Secretly Altered’ Spy Memo.

c37772ed2222fed9c11dab43a67ebd340e7b494a.............The Dems can’t seem to make up their minds about exactly how to react to any of this:

JKtPrRNV_normal.jpg Dana Loesch

@DLoesch 
The changes made to the memo were done at the request of your party and the FBI. Are you now saying you requested him to dishonestly mischaracterize events in the memo? https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/959095510987628544 

It's official. The Dems have reached DEFCON 1.

c38038eed66b5aaa155c3a3efd2f8a1c31c02b5a

• Like (+1) 1

and all for what??

so Hillary could feel more comfortable about winning?

this is worse than Nixon freaking out about McGovern's chances to stop re-election

and a million times more hilarious!!! 

image.png.eba5ceee7dff0679c023ad5aee65e963.png

3 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

Both sides drag shiz out because of political reasons. The issue here is the FBI should not be a "side." 

That said, I wouldn't put it past the Trump Admin to be behind many of the leaks which were negative about Trump. However, if the leaks are coming from within the FBI and dripping out Wikileaks fashion, then there is certainly a HUGE !@#$ING PROBLEM which SHOULD result in Gitmo time for many members of the Intel community and within the DNC. 

It sucks because there is no such thing as a real crime on the Hill, these days. 

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Both sides drag shiz out because of political reasons. The issue here is the FBI should not be a "side." 

That said, I wouldn't put it past the Trump Admin to be behind many of the leaks which were negative about Trump. However, if the leaks are coming from within the FBI and dripping out Wikileaks fashion, then there is certainly a HUGE !@#$ING PROBLEM which SHOULD result in Gitmo time for many members of the Intel community and within the DNC. 

It sucks because there is no such thing as a real crime on the Hill, these days. 

I'd like to see all the info come out.  And it's certainly possible that some individuals may face some consequences.  However, I'm not feeling the whole conspiracy thing.

I see it all as Russia having achieved just what they intended.  They fed stuff to both sides and exert their influence insidiously every way they can.  The chaos we're seeing now is making Putin very happy I'm sure.

Edited by Cugalabanza

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

I'd like to see all the info come out.  And it's certainly possible that some individuals may face some consequences.  However, I'm not feeling the whole conspiracy thing.

I see it all as Russia having achieved just what they intended.  They fed stuff to both sides and exert their influence insidiously every way they can.  The chaos we're seeing now is making Putin very happy I'm sure.

I even think that's an exaggeration.  The Russians used public communications channels to influence American public opinion; that they've achieved this level of polarization, infighting, and vitrol has to be a result beyond their wildest dreams. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think if there wasn't a Russian controversy, there would be some other excuse to attack and obstruct from the Democrats. It was just the one that caught on.

I don't think there was some "master plan" from Putin to disrupt the nation. The Nation was ripe for disruption whether there were "Russian bots" or not. Trump joined the fray knowing there would be a confrontation. The Russian aspect was manufactured after the fact.

Edited by OJABBA

3 hours ago, GG said:

Too late to bury the FBI corruption story -- and Horowitz's report will pour gas on that fire.

More like "limit this to the FBI, and don't let it spread to the prior Administration's Justice Department, etc, etc."

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I even think that's an exaggeration.  The Russians used public communications channels to influence American public opinion; that they've achieved this level of polarization, infighting, and vitrol has to be a result beyond their wildest dreams. 

I think you're right.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Even this, if true (and it probably is) would be after the fact disinformation. 

The Russians had nothing to do with the DOJ concocting the dossier to cover up their prior FISA abuses. We know those abuses happened and were real from the FISA memo Coats declassified in April. We also know, from the drips and drabs of the IG report that there was an active effort to collude within the DOJ to undermine both candidate and President elect Trump. 

The Russians are happy about all of this. But that's not the same as saying they caused this. That's just doubling down on an already debunked (with actual forensic evidence) story that Russia "hacked" the election. 

They didn't. 

These are self inflicted wounds by the previous administration who thought the laws did not apply to them. We know they abused their spying powers in the past (IRS, Iran deal). Are we supposed to think this time it was the Russians? 

Not buying that.

Interesting... 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Russians had nothing to do with the DOJ concocting the dossier to cover up their prior FISA abuses. We know those abuses happened and were real from the FISA memo Coats declassified in April. We also know, from the drips and drabs of the IG report that there was an active effort to collude within the DOJ to undermine both candidate and President elect Trump. 

The Russians are happy about all of this. But that's not the same as saying they caused this. That's just doubling down on an already debunked (with actual forensic evidence) story that Russia "hacked" the election. 

They didn't. 

These are self inflicted wounds by the previous administration who thought the laws did not apply to them. We know they abused their spying powers in the past (IRS, Iran deal). Are we supposed to think this time it was the Russians? 

Not buying that.

Interesting... 

Maybe they read your thoughts on G4S 

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

best funny line of the year

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They didn't. 

Not buying that.

Interesting... 

I'm gonna mess my pants when my family member is in one of these lists.  ?