Nunes Memo to be Released

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

But we should automatically assume the FBI isn't lying, right?

Well, as my boss likes to say: "How can you trust an agency that can (and does) lie to you, but will prosecute you if you lie to them?"

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which is why it isn't being used as political fodder.  There are no leaks.

This is being used to secure convictions and send people to jail (or to their death), not to score political points and influence elections.

Dont kid yourself.  It's being used as both.  There are no leaks because whomever is going to use the report is figuring out the best way to (a) secure convictions and (b) score political points and ( c) politicize it as a shield from being prosecuted.

Notable that in the latest round of FBI/DOJ objections to the release of the House intel memo, earlier claims of dangerous disclosures of sources & methods have vanished.

Now that he mentions it, wasn’t the release of the memo supposed to be a threat to national security? The FBI seems to have scaled back its objections a bit now that the release of the memo seems imminent, once President Trump reviews and approves it.

Now, it is that the memorandum contains "material omissions." Gee, I don't recall "material omissions" as a basis for classification in America

The only omissions from the memo are Democrat party talking points as to the reasons why the "wire tapping" was needed. That's right...the Fusion GPS Dossier fabrications are what they're crying about not being repeated.

We've already seen all that nonsense in the news every day for over a year.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Now that he mentions it, wasn’t the release of the memo supposed to be a threat to national security? The FBI seems to have scaled back its objections a bit now that the release of the memo seems imminent, once President Trump reviews and approves it.

Now, it is that the memorandum contains "material omissions." Gee, I don't recall "material omissions" as a basis for classification in America

The only omissions from the memo are Democrat party talking points as to the reasons why the "wire tapping" was needed. That's right...the Fusion GPS Dossier fabrications are what they're crying about not being repeated.

We've already seen all that nonsense in the news every day for over a year.

Correct. The narrative shifted because Wray and two unknown FBI/DOJ officials vetted the memo Sunday night. Monday, McCabe goes down - for what Wray read in the memo. At least that's the first report. Later reports said he was forced out because of the IG report. Could both be true? Certainly. But there are games being played right now as the players position their pieces for the last stand. 

There was also REVISIONS to the memo made by unknown FBI officials and given to the WH as something they would bless if he released. That offer was rejected from all reports. 

Here's a thought... nothing is as it seems, by design (per my Military Intelligence post). 

The release of this memo clearly has many in Congress and the former administration shook, it also has many in the media outraged. But what's their biggest fear? The release of all the supporting intelligence to the memo which remains classified. I'm assuming this includes texts, emails, video, and other SIGINT. That stuff is also the "smoking gun" that would convince all but the completely partisan. 

NO ONE but DNI Coats, Nunes, and Rogers has seen this evidence. None of the people claiming it omits evidence have even seen the evidence to make this claim. This evidence is (in my estimation) damning

So, if you're Wray, how do you engineer an environment that DEMANDS more information be released? 

You don't object to the memo's release (which he hasn't), but you cite concerns about "grave omissions of fact" - which then is picked up as the talking point by the people trying to prevent the memo's release. Giving Trump the ability to de-classify it ALL, causing all of this to blow up in the faces of the enemy while the public gets an accelerated disclosure of (what would have to be) undeniable evidence of what the memo lays out.

That gives the public a month to grapple with that... before Horowitz's report is scheduled to go public.

Just a thought... 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

THE FBI HAS “GRAVE CONCERNS”? SO DO I

by John Hinderaker

Most of us are eagerly awaiting the release of the House Intelligence Committee’s memo on abuse of the FBI by the Obama administration. It should happen in the next couple of days. Meanwhile, the Bureau is worried, as always, about its public image. The Associated Pressheadlines: “FBI clashes with Trump, has ‘grave concerns’ on Russia memo.” I’m so old, I can remember when liberals were in favor of revealing corruption in institutions like the FBI. Those days, of course, are long gone.

In a remarkably public clash of wills with the White House, the FBI declared Wednesday it has “grave concerns” about the accuracy of a classified memo on the Russia election investigation that President Donald Trump wants released.

Yeah, well, you know what? I have grave concerns about the politicization of the Department of Justice and the FBI under the Obama administration, which I have been writing about since 2010.

“As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy,” the FBI said.

If there are “material omissions of fact,” the Democrats’ responsive memo no doubt will reveal them. Good: let’s lay the cards on the table. The relevant fact here is that the FBI is no longer claiming that there is a national security problem with releasing the memo, only that it will put the FBI in a bad light.

Trey Gowdy, soon to depart the House, gets the last word:

The Justice Department had said in a letter last week that it would be “extraordinarily reckless” to release the memo without first giving the FBI and the department the chance to review it.

After those complaints, Wray reviewed the memo over the weekend. Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., who was with him when he reviewed the memo, said the FBI director did not raise any national security concerns. Gowdy said the memo doesn’t reveal any intelligence methods but does reveal “one source.”

Heh. Christopher Steele, I presume. It’s time for some transparency. Let’s get to the bottom of the FBI’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election. The Bureau needs, at a minimum, to be reformed via a thorough housecleaning of senior bureaucrats.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/the-fbi-has-grave-concerns-so-do-i.php

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tomorrow will be fun.

Perhaps, but only until the memo and everything surrounding it gets twisted, shaded, boondoggled, and melted into a swirl.  I think there are too many entrenched swamp residents for this memo, and what it reports, to have a major effect on the future of the general public. It will be a disappointment in the long run.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

Perhaps, but only until the memo and everything surrounding it gets twisted, shaded, boondoggled, and melted into a swirl.  I think there are too many entrenched swamp residents for this memo, and what it reports, to have a major effect on the future of the general public. It will be a disappointment in the long run.

I agree the memo isn't the end all be all. It's just the start. Horowitz is going to have even more damning stuff (and his report is 1.2 million pages in length).

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree the memo isn't the end all be all. It's just the start. Horowitz is going to have even more damning stuff (and his report is 1.2 million pages in length).

The memo, and everything surrounding it, will be turned into a morass. Like a mastodon that steps into a tar pit and sinks slowly into the Earth, only to become a fossil that people can examine some day.

I tend to agree that Horowitz will have an impact on the FBI, but his influence ends there.

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cody Shearer? Was he really behind the Christopher Steele dossier? More intrigue.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Cody Shearer? Was he really behind the Christopher Steele dossier? More intrigue.

I don't think so. I think his memo (which is magically the same as Steele's) is just the same one in disguise. 

And I contend that Steele wrote very little, if any, of the original. It was Nellie Ohr and Simpson who wrote it imo. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't think so. I think his memo (which is magically the same as Steele's) is just the same one in disguise. 

And I contend that Steele wrote very little, if any, of the original. It was Nellie Ohr and Simpson who wrote it imo. 

Actually I was watching Laura Ingraham (who I respect a lot) and she brought up a story in The Guardian that claimed that Cody Shearer did the dirty work, but because of his past association with the Clinton's black-op team they had to produce it under a different name. Cody Shearer morphed into Christopher Steele.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Actually I was watching Laura Ingraham (who I respect a lot) and she brought up a story in The Guardian that claimed that Cody Shearer did the dirty work, but because of his past association with the Clinton's black-op team they had to produce it under a different name. Cody Shearer morphed into Christopher Steele.

It's not impossible. But if that's the end of the rabbit hole in terms of the document's credibility then they're more !@#$ed than I thought. 

And I thought they were already really !@#$ed. :beer:

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not impossible. But if that's the end of the rabbit hole in terms of the document's credibility then they're more !@#$ed than I thought. 

And I thought they were already really !@#$ed. :beer:

Should we be cornering the market on popcorn?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Should we be cornering the market on popcorn?

Yes. Here are two good reasons why. 

First, Clapper - who has said repeatedly for over a year that there was no FISA WARRANT ON TEAM TRUMP now not only admits that there was one, but concedes that the dossier was used to extend it. 

This isn't a slip. He's a professional liar. It's the USIC trying to get ahead of the memo. 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/01/31/whoopsie-james-clapper-states-clinton-steele-dossier-was-used-for-fisa-surveillance-extension/

06:48 ..”as I understand it, this was simply an extension of uh, the original, uh, FISA request.  Meaning that, or implying, that apparently, there was information that was considered, uh, ‘valuable’, that was being obtained, via the initial FISA request.”

“FISA’s have, uh, finite dates. Uh, in other words they have deadlines; they aren’t indefinite… So when the time was up for the initial FISA report, FISA request, then it was time to get an extension. So on its face, I don’t know that the dossier played, very much, in this at all”…

Then there's Schiff's move an hour ago. He's playing a dangerous game... one he won't win:

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes. Here are two good reasons why. 

First, Clapper - who has said repeatedly for over a year that there was no FISA WARRANT ON TEAM TRUMP now not only admits that there was one, but concedes that the dossier was used to extend it. 

This isn't a slip. He's a professional liar. It's the USIC trying to get ahead of the memo. 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/01/31/whoopsie-james-clapper-states-clinton-steele-dossier-was-used-for-fisa-surveillance-extension/

Then there's Schiff's move an hour ago. He's playing a dangerous game... one he won't win:

Adam Schitt may be confusing the changes with those the WH made to accommodate the FBI.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Adam Schitt may be confusing the changes with those the WH made to accommodate the FBI.

I'll be stunned if the memo was changed at all. 

The FBI works for the executive. The agents who were there demanding changes (allegedly) were denied. Trump is the boss of the DOJ and FBI, not Congress. It's his call to release it in full. 

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'll be stunned if the memo was changed at all. 

The FBI works for the executive. The agents who were there demanding changes (allegedly) were denied. Trump is the boss of the DOJ and FBI, not Congress. It's his call to release it in full. 

It's possible the changes, if any, were redactions that may have been a way to let the FBI save face, whether they were necessary or not.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

It's possible the changes, if any, were redactions that may have been a way to let the FBI save face, whether they were necessary or not.

Absolutely possible - but they would be done on Trump's order, not the FBI's. Schiff is trying to make the case that Nunes pulled a fast one on the committee. The MSM is already running with it. It'll be the morning cycle (until the memo drops). 

That just ain't true.

Schiff is !@#$ed. It's been a long time coming. I say this having met the man and spent time with him. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Absolutely possible - but they would be done on Trump's order, not the FBI's. Schiff is trying to make the case that Nunes pulled a fast one on the committee. The MSM is already running with it. It'll be the morning cycle (until the memo drops). 

That just ain't true.

Schiff is !@#$ed. It's been a long time coming. I say this having met the man and spent time with him. 

I remember you posting about what a **** he is. Just listening to him for a moment it's obvious that he truly is a low life.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

You know none of this **** would be happening IF THEY WOULD RELEASE THE !@#$ING MEMO.

Pretty obvious the left are crapping their pants and are doing EVERYTHING in their power to thrawrt the release of the memo.

Trump said "100 percent " on the releasing of the memo.

We shall see.

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You know none of this **** would be happening IF THEY WOULD RELEASE THE !@#$ING MEMO.

I wonder if delaying the release until the 5th day is a ploy to get idiots like Schiff to expose/discredit themselves as increasing irrational and having something to hide.