Nunes Memo to be Released

So Rosenstein and Wray told the president that classified information would may be revealed in the stupid memo? 

Trump is still crying that Hillary's email may have contained classified info? 

This is all so stupid. The garbage is in charge. This will not last 

Reminder. This story is head to toe bullshite. 

36 hours ago three officials - the head of the FBI, a high ranking Counterintelligence agent (BP) and a DOJ legal department deputy all said it was 100% accurate and did not violate classification rules. 

The AP is lying. Ask yourself why.

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So Rosenstein and Wray told the president that classified information would may be revealed in the stupid memo? 

Trump is still crying that Hillary's email may have contained classified info? 

This is all so stupid. The garbage is in charge. This will not last 

Hey dumbass, the memo is not classified information once it's declassified.

Hillary's emails contained classified information that was actually still classified.

I know distinctions don't matter to you when you're spouting talking points, but you know, facts.

What do you guys expect if/when the memo is released and the other report is made public? Charges against McCabe and friends? Just more denials and finger pointing? 

I'm pretty sure the average voter still doesn't realize the different spin each news network puts on the stories coming out, nevermind follow this stuff in depth. D is good R is bad or vice versa is my impression on how about 80 percent of this country views politics. Is this stuff going to be so convincing that it would change that?

I haven't followed politics in depth like many of you have so that's why I ask. Will any of this stuff change the direction of the country or will the average Janes and Joes remain loyal to party lines and on and on we go.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

What do you guys expect if/when the memo is released and the other report is made public? Charges against McCabe and friends? Just more denials and finger pointing? 

I'm pretty sure the average voter still doesn't realize the different spin each news network puts on the stories coming out, nevermind follow this stuff in depth. D is good R is bad or vice versa is my impression on how about 80 percent of this country views politics. Is this stuff going to be so convincing that it would change that?

I haven't followed politics in depth like many of you have so that's why I ask. Will any of this stuff change the direction of the country or will the average Janes and Joes remain loyal to party lines and on and on we go.

If it helps expose the rot at the top of the Democratic Party, then we as a nation will profit from its release.

If it does the same for Republicans, even better.

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I dont think this is about trying to convince everyone, its the people who are on the fence and have no party loyalty (independents/moderates etc) that really sway the elections. If this is convincing enough to get people to vote one side over the other (in this case D voters to R) then it could help mid-term elections which would in fact matter

Edited by Bray Wyatt

16 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Hey dumbass, the memo is not classified information once it's declassified.

Hillary's emails contained classified information that was actually still classified.

I know distinctions don't matter to you when you're spouting talking points, but you know, facts.

Tell that to Wray and Rosenstein genius 

You are a Trump tool 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

If it helps expose the rot at the top of the Democratic Party, then we as a nation will profit from its release.

If it does the same for Republicans, even better.

I can't argue with that. I hope it does lead to change and actually make politics worth following. The system seems so corrupt it's hard to put any real belief into it. I'm curious to what percentage of Americans even have a clue as to what the accusations are. 

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Which is why it isn't being used as political fodder.  There are no leaks.

This is being used to secure convictions and send people to jail (or to their death), not to score political points and influence elections.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reminder. This story is head to toe bullshite. 

36 hours ago three officials - the head of the FBI, a high ranking Counterintelligence agent (BP) and a DOJ legal department deputy all said it was 100% accurate and did not violate classification rules. 

The AP is lying. Ask yourself why.

All the lazy news outlets will regurgitate this story because it's from the AP after all.  That gold standard AP. 

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Here's what we know about the memo, and you won't find this covered in the MSM because they're terrified of what this memo will unleash: 

The memo was written by Nunes and his staff, summarizing TS/SCI intelligence he was shown by DNI Coats and DNSA Rogers. No one but those three men have seen the intelligence that went into the memo - despite Dems and pundits saying otherwise. This memo was not based on the FISA application, though it will incorporate summaries of the failed FISA and the approved one on Carter Page (I believe). 

The memo will not be the smoking gun. It's not the end, it's the beginning. It will expose names (McCabe, RR, and others) that illegally abused the powers of the surveillance state to spy on political opposition. It will also show that members of the DOJ/FBI lied about the dossier and how it was created to the FISA court - which would defang Mueller's probe (again, I'm speculating as I have not read it - but based on a magical second dossier appearing yesterday, we know the dossier is toast because of this memo). 

This will open people's eyes to a much larger operation that was being run by the past administration to spy on his political opponents. 

It will be followed up by Horowitz's DOJ IG report in March. We already know Horowitz's report has teeth, it's what lead Wray to fire McCabe per sources. 

So, just remember the memo isn't the end, it isn't the trump card. It's just the start of what will be YEARS worth of discovery and prosecutions into this matter. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's what we know about the memo, and you won't find this covered in the MSM because they're terrified of what this memo will unleash: 

The memo was written by Nunes and his staff, summarizing TS/SCI intelligence he was shown by DNI Coats and DNSA Rogers. No one but those three men have seen the intelligence that went into the memo - despite Dems and pundits saying otherwise. This memo was not based on the FISA application, though it will incorporate summaries of the failed FISA and the approved one on Carter Page (I believe). 

The memo will not be the smoking gun. It's not the end, it's the beginning. It will expose names (McCabe, RR, and others) that illegally abused the powers of the surveillance state to spy on political opposition. It will also show that members of the DOJ/FBI lied about the dossier and how it was created to the FISA court - which would defang Mueller's probe (again, I'm speculating as I have not read it - but based on a magical second dossier appearing yesterday, we know the dossier is toast because of this memo). 

This will open people's eyes to a much larger operation that was being run by the past administration to spy on his political opponents. 

It will be followed up by Horowitz's DOJ IG report in March. We already know Horowitz's report has teeth, it's what lead Wray to fire McCabe per sources. 

So, just remember the memo isn't the end, it isn't the trump card. It's just the start of what will be YEARS worth of discovery and prosecutions into this matter. 

RR?? Oh, you mean the guy in charge of Mueller? 

Now why would Trump and his little poodle want to go after RR and Mueller? Is it because they want to try and stop the investigation? 

Could be! 

This is all part of a pattern of obstruction of justice which is increasing in scope. Criminal president 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prolonged investigations and court cases may "clean up" Washington a bit but if any of this is going to change the way voters view politicians there is going to have to be a smoking gun. Something that is so absurd that it won't allow both parties to distract their bases and keep them flocking blindly to the booths.

As someone without loyalty to either party I'm in favor of anything that has the possibility to unite the people against the corruption. 

BuzzFeed reports:

This weekend, as Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee prepared to use their majority to try to declassify a four-page memo purporting to show FBI abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Republicans on the Senate committee used television appearances to echo warnings from the Department of Justice about the risks of releasing the memo. They also pointed to the bipartisan success of their own committee in investigating Russian interference during the 2016 election.

“One of the problems with the House investigation is it’s been very partisan,” Republican Sen. Susan Collins told CNN. “In contrast, the Senate Intelligence Committee, under the leadership of Sens. [Richard] Burr and [Mark] Warner, have worked together, and I think that’s a far better approach.”

Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, another Republican member of the committee, also appeared on CNN Sunday. When asked whether the memo saga in the House could be chalked up to partisan politics, Lankford said, “We’ll let them work that out.”

Just now, Commonsense said:

Prolonged investigations and court cases may "clean up" Washington a bit but if any of this is going to change the way voters view politicians there is going to have to be a smoking gun. Something that is so absurd that it won't allow both parties to distract their bases and keep them flocking blindly to the booths.

As someone without loyalty to either party I'm in favor of anything that has the possibility to unite the people against the corruption. 

:beer: 

There will be smoking guns, for clarity. 

I just don't expect them to be in the Nunes memo. 

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Do you know people with severe TDS?   They're ready to canonize anyone who actively worked to prevent a Trump presidency, and will totally ignore if those actions were fully illegal.  Remember, liberals don't commit transgressions because their intentions are always for the better good, so in the end it's justified.

Just now, GG said:

Do you know people with severe TDS?   They're ready to canonize anyone who actively worked to prevent a Trump presidency, and will totally ignore if those actions were fully illegal.  Remember, liberals don't commit transgressions because their intentions are always for the better good, so in the end it's justified.

This is very true. 

Though I wager the number of those with severe TDS are going to be dwindling over the next 12 months. The fringe will remain fringe, they're locked into the fascist promises of their "glorious leaders". The rest - the majority of the Dems who were told for the past 8 years they had to accept stagnant wages, a crumbling economy, and a toothless foreign policy because of "fairness" and "America's past misdeed" are going to find it hard to stick with the fringe group. 

In the cities where we both live, I doubt we'll notice. But there's hope for other areas of the country. :beer: 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Trey Gowdy is retiring... That's not timing

He's going back into the justice system. 

Either in the FBI, on the bench, or as a special prosecutor. (guesses of course)

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In the cities where we both live, I doubt we'll notice. But there's hope for other areas of the country. :beer: 

If anything, in the cities where we live, the TDS will double down

• Like (+1) 1

Just so those who are still on the fence are clear, this is not journalism. It's LYING to you. It's propaganda. Spin. And it's all false:

He is trying to make it sound like the FBI issued a statement. They did not. This is like asking a Wegman's employee for their opinion on the company, then publishing their thoughts as if it were a corporate press release. 

Pay attention to who is lying to you over this. You're being shown who is your enemy and who are honest brokers. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Which is why HARSH penalties are required to show the public, and yes, even liberals that this kind of **** won't be tolerated.

49 minutes ago, GG said:

Knowing several people that bragged about literally crying when Trump was elected & being depressed over the election for months, really have a hard time believing anything but a smoking gun will be believed here in Ra-cha-cha, though it likely would be celebrated as a brave example of resistance.

Yet another example (gee, this seems like a coordinated effort today across multiple MSM platforms... ask yourself why):

This just isn't true. The FBI didn't release a statement. A single (unnamed) source made a statement. The difference between those two poles is the difference between a paid disinformation agent and an honest broker.

12 minutes ago, GG said:

Yah Boston is probably where some of my comments stem from, truth doesn't seem to matter to most folks here, they can't see with all that blood in their eyes. I liken it to trying to talk to a Pats fan about cheating, they can't do it and have an honest conversation, so why bother.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Yah Boston is probably where some of my comments stem from, truth doesn't seem to matter to most folks here, they can't see with all that blood in their eyes. I liken it to trying to talk to a Pats fan about cheating, they can't do it and have an honest conversation, so why bother.

It doesn't matter what the limp-wristed coastal elites like or don't like.

All that matters is that the guilty are punished, and the corrupt deep-state democrats and republicans are hung by their ankles.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Which is why HARSH penalties are required to show the public, and yes, even liberals that this kind of **** won't be tolerated.

The argument you make to them is:  "!@#$ you.  You don't get to dictate to the world how they will live by undoing the concept of free and fair elections just because you don't like the outcome.  We don't live in a monarchy, and we won't be hectored by your thuggery.  History has a place for despots like you, and it's called "the hanging tree".   I can either have freedom, or your false moral preening, and I choose freedom.  End of argument."

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

The argument you make to them is:  "!@#$ you.  You don't get to dictate to the world how they will live by undoing the concept of free and fair elections just because you don't like the outcome.  We don't live in a monarchy, and we won't be hectored by your thuggery.  History has a place for despots like you, and it's called "the hanging tree".   I can either have freedom, or your false moral preening, and I choose freedom.  End of argument."

Like I've said:

Anyone who perpetrated this **** needs the Mussolini treatment, and I'd be okay with doing the same to anyone who continues to support them as well.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Like I've said:

Anyone who perpetrated this **** needs the Mussolini treatment, and I'd be okay with doing the same to anyone who continues to support them as well.

I'd prefer to let the strength of our Law, and the protections it affords, shine bright.  The best way to defeat the bad is to smash it with the good, demonstrating the purpose and value of the good.

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yet another example (gee, this seems like a coordinated effort today across multiple MSM platforms... ask yourself why):

This just isn't true. The FBI didn't release a statement. A single (unnamed) source made a statement. The difference between those two poles is the difference between a paid disinformation agent and an honest broker.

So, do you expect Wray or a spokesperson to publicly state the memo is legit or to just let the "unauthorized" statement against the memo remain the only public FBI pronouncement regarding it?

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just so those who are still on the fence are clear, this is not journalism. It's LYING to you. It's propaganda. Spin. And it's all false:

He is trying to make it sound like the FBI issued a statement. They did not. This is like asking a Wegman's employee for their opinion on the company, then publishing their thoughts as if it were a corporate press release. 

Pay attention to who is lying to you over this. You're being shown who is your enemy and who are honest brokers. 

Anyone who still believes in true journalism should be sickened by this.  Everyone is running with Reilly's report (including Fox news), but there's no official release from the FBI anywhere, and Reilly gets as indignant as Timmah when people ask him to provide either the full FBI release or a link.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Anyone who still believes in true journalism should be sickened by this.  Everyone is running with Reilly's report (including Fox news), but there's no official release from the FBI anywhere, and Reilly gets as indignant as Timmah when people ask him to provide either the full FBI release or a link.

Drain the swamp. When done with the politically corrupt, it's time to tackle the journalists. "free press" my ass.