Mike Waufle DL Coach Retires

Wayne Cubed

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Didn’t see that... who?

The team also announced that assistant defensive line coach Bill Teerlinck has been promoted to serve as the Bills new defensive line coach. Teerlinck previously spent three seasons as the defensive line coach at the University of Nevada (2014-2016).

Aaron Whitecotton has been named assistant defensive line coach after serving in 2017 as the administrative assistant to the head coach.

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Yeah we will see... Dline is a huge deal! And I expect them to be pretty young next year 

He comes from good stock as his dad John was a great DL coach for many years in the NFL and he played a great role in the development of NFL Hall of Famer John Randle who was a UDFA.

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills defensive line coach Mike Waufle is retiring, he told his hometown newspaper The Evening Tribune in Hornell, New York on Monday. Waufle, who often wore a brace on his leg at practices last season, said he is "constant pain" from his playing career. Waufle coached the Giants' defensive line to a Super Bowl win in 2007. He began his coaching career in 1979 at Alfred State and jumped to the NFL in 1998 with the Raiders.

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Ugh. So far this offseason has been awful.

Only way its worse is if Tyrod is our starter next year

Why?  Because the Bills DL was so over performing awesome last year we cannot afford to replace the DL coach?  Chances are it was not his decision to leave the Bills.  Adjustments are being made.

Keep an eye out for Malik Reed DE Nevada.

Weeks ago I Saw Beane watching tape of Nevada’s Defense this year. I asked myself who’s worth watching in Nevada’s Defense. Malik Reed, 1st team all conference DE. Great first step off the edge. Average against the run. Thinking round 5-7.

Now Bill Teerlinck his ex coach is the DL coach...

6 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I do, without Waffle our D linemen are going to get pancaked on a regular basis. 

Seriously, dude?  You don’t think that’s just a smidge of hyperbole? What a bunch of crêpe!

Edited by transient

He did a decent job this year considering what they were trotting out there at the DT spots.

You know what?  Here is a hot take, Castillo did a decent job too.  He had a third round rookie playing well at LT, he had Ducasse playing serviceably at RG, and Mills flatlined at 2-3 terrible plays per game.  And when you consider that Tyrod holds the ball longer than any QB in the league, keeping him upright was no small feat.