Eric Wood “retirement” press conference

YoloinOhio

He cleared up why it wasn't caught before.  Stingers midseason, x-rays clear, MRI at the end of the season showed damage to C2/C3, but he found out before the playoff game (meaning he played with possibility of paralyzation?!?).  He's still on the roster and is looking to help the team.  No questions taken, will be answered "at a later date".  Very weird presser.

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

So he played in the playoff game even though he knew the risk? Did I hear that wrong?

No.  He learned of it "days removed from his first playoff game" -- as in AFTER the game.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

No, he said days from the playoff game. Meaning it was only a few days after. 

that makes sense

Just now, Commonsense said:

Everyone is saying it was "weird", seem like there might be some friction between the team and player? Anything like that? I didn't see the interview and haven't followed it since the original announcement. 

I think it has something to do with cap hit..and it came up today, and prolly a big reason for the delay

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

So he played in the playoff game even though he knew the risk? Did I hear that wrong?

I think he said the team doctors  saw the issue before the playoff game but he wasn’t given confirmation  that he was no longer able to play by Dr Cappuccino until the day his son was born, which was about a week later.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Sounds like Donald Jones replacement on the Murphy show ?

He did say he knew about this "before" the playoff game. Perhaps[s there are legality or players union issues now ?

Geez, no he didn’t.

He said only a few days from his first playoff game. Meaning AFTER he played the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Everyone is saying it was "weird", seem like there might be some friction between the team and player? Anything like that? I didn't see the interview and haven't followed it since the original announcement. 

No, not at all. Agree with plez, looks like they're trying to do something to lessen his cap hit before he officially retires. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he said they saw the issue before the playoff game but he wasn’t told that he was no longer able to play by Dr Cappuccino until the day his son was born, which was about a week later.

He didn’t say that, he said after only learning a few days from my first playoff game. Meaning he had just played the playoff game, and was a few days from it and still excited about that fact.