Eric Wood “retirement” press conference

YoloinOhio

So...

The press conference happens 55 minutes late and then proceeds to last for less than 5 minutes.

Wood takes no questions.

Beane doesn't talk.

McD doesn't talk.

Yet Wood asked that some current and former players show up to be there because it's so important to him?

Something's fishy...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

So...

The press conference happens 55 minutes late and then proceeds to last for less than 5 minutes.

Wood takes no questions.

Beane doesn't talk.

McD doesn't talk.

Yet Wood asked that some current and former players show up to be there because it's so important to him?

Something's fishy...

And people wonder why the bills have clock management issues 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, garybusey said:

So...

Wood takes no questions.

Beane doesn't talk.

McD doesn't talk.

Something's fishy...

to me, that is the strangest part.  I don't think he anticipated the press conference going the direction it went.  Something's up.  

What I took from that press conference?  Wood and the Beane are working together behind the scenes to figure out how to get Wood paid and help the Bills' cap in the best way possible before announcing any official retirement.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, eball said:

What I took from that press conference?  Wood and the Beane are working together behind the scenes to figure out how to get Wood paid and help the Bills' cap in the best way possible before announcing any official retirement.

That would be my guess too. 

Just now, eball said:

100% agreed, and I think it changed today. I also got a feeling he is already at the Big Tree with Fitz, Urbik et al right now drinking beers