What type of razors do you use for shaving?

Another Fan

Currently I use Gillette Sensor excel.  I would like to stop using them for two reasons:

1) They are expensive

2) A certain football teams stadium is named after the company

They do give a good shave though for thick hair.  Is there any other good brands out there for thick hair?  I tried Harry's and that didn't cut it

Abandon all of these modern razors now! 

Buy an old fashioned safety razor that accepts traditional double edged blades, and use high quality shave soaps that you lather up by hand with a brush.

You will have superior performance and you can buy 100 super high quality blades for like 8 bucks.

I started doing this a while ago and I am telling you!  Once you transition to the proper way to shave, you will never go back!

Go to youtube and search "wet shaving" or "safety razor" and you will find zillions of videos showing you how to shave, reviews of various products, favorite "top 10" lists regarding all products associated with shaving (soaps, creams, brushes, blades, shavers) and and on.

I buy all the stuff online from various specialty web stores.   

maxresdefault.jpg

The Merkur 34c from Germany; an excellent razor for the beginner, as it is very gentle on the face and high quality.

Costs like $30 or $35 online, will last for 1,000 years.

merkur-34c-hd__96613__31855.1375572042.5

Agreed on safety razors, but you have to learn        proper technique and it takes awhile and can be a hard process, but well worth it!

mantic59 was the best YouTube instructor when I started out

58 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I used the single blade razor for a couple years. Cheaper yes. Cleaner shave not really. More cuts 100%. No matter how good you get at it, you will cut yourself. 

I now use Harrys. They work well and are cheap. 

I started using single blade a few years back. You definitely have to be more patient but for some reason I like it better.

You can get a cleaner shave but it’ll take you 5 times longer.

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I used the single blade razor for a couple years. Cheaper yes. Cleaner shave not really. More cuts 100%. No matter how good you get at it, you will cut yourself. 

I now use Harrys. They work well and are cheap. 

I did the same thing.  I didn't see the big difference I was expecting and it took much longer to shave.  I now go through Dorco, the blades are cheap and do a great job.  I think someone on here mentioned in a similar topic about Dorco being the company used in the dollar shave club (not sure if that is true though).  At any rate, I think they are great.

http://www.dorcousa.com/for-men/

Edited by ricojes