Mayfield may not play in Senior Bowl

MrEpsYtown

Alright he weighed in and had a good excuse about the lateness. Now if he plays, all this drama is moot. 

Still polarizing and everything, but this kinda drama is annoying to me. He should have never agreed to come if he wasn't going to play. I guess I'm too judgemental. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

When you watched him play, what is it that led you to believe that this kid in particular is a "me first diva"?  I mean I really don't know how you concluded that watching him play.

Who cares if he's a bit soft in the middle.  Again, did he look like he was out of shape while playing?  To me it looked like he was all over the place, running throwing scrambling.

I concluded that he’s a diva based on his constant need to draw attention to himself. This is based on him flipping the bird, grabbing himself, and carrying a sign that read “pretenders” into the Rose Bowl game this year (a swipe at Lee Corso who called OU pretenders). He just doesn’t stop with attention seeking behavior. Right when he has to apologize for one incident, he moves on to the next to prove that he doesn’t learn.

He is who he is. This will not change, and no one should try to change him. I just don’t like the thought of my franchise future in his hands. He listens to outside noise (opponents, media) who are often on the receiving end of his taunts. A pro QB needs to worry about his team, and himself only. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Alright he weighed in and had a good excuse about the lateness. Now if he plays, all this drama is moot. 

Still polarizing and everything, but this kinda drama is annoying to me. He should have never agreed to come if he wasn't going to play. I guess I'm too judgemental. 

No, you’re pretty spot on :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

The real news are is height ,hand size , and weight are better then expected. I would be ok if he did not play , sort of like the Pro Bowl not familiar with players and coaches.

The combine will be more telling where he is drafted.

Baker Mayfield’s official #SeniorBowl measurements:
Height: 6003
Weight: 216
Hand: 9 1/2
Arm: 30 1/2
Wingspan 30 3/8

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dang, taller than Drew Brees, Bust!!

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

People Are Just Looking For Excuses To Not Draft Him. He Doesnt Have Character Issues Nor Off Field Problems And Is A Very Intense Competitor, Something McDermott Loves.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"I want to show the type of guy I am. Everyone wants to portray (me) as a bad boy, the Johnny Manziel stuff," Mayfield said. "I love the game of football, there's no doubt about that. I'm an emotional player. I'll do anything it takes to win. I love being around my teammates, leading and having responsibilities. It is what it is. If I paid too much attention to it, I'd be focusing on the wrong things."

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ah, OK, no issue then. People thought he was less than 6'1" but he's not 5'10".

7 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I concluded that he’s a diva based on his constant need to draw attention to himself. This is based on him flipping the bird, grabbing himself, and carrying a sign that read “pretenders” into the Rose Bowl game this year (a swipe at Lee Corso who called OU pretenders). He just doesn’t stop with attention seeking behavior. Right when he has to apologize for one incident, he moves on to the next to prove that he doesn’t learn.

He is who he is. This will not change, and no one should try to change him. I just don’t like the thought of my franchise future in his hands. He listens to outside noise (opponents, media) who are often on the receiving end of his taunts. A pro QB needs to worry about his team, and himself only. 

It can change. Guys grow up. Or some do, anyway.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

So 3 minor transgressions on the field over his career erased all of what he actually did playing football for you?

You don't think this kid in particular "worried about his team"?  I don't think you have ever seen him play at all.  That comment gave you away.  You have only seen the SportCenter clips of the episodes you described above.

Do this: go watch him play and then come back and tell us all how you again concluded he doesn't care about the game, his team or winning.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

People Are Just Looking For Excuses To Not Draft Him. He Doesnt Have Character Issues Nor Off Field Problems And Is A Very Intense Competitor, Something McDermott Loves.

I think he does have character issues.  They are not Manziel level character issues.... and actually I hated Manziel's chance of transitioning as a player in any event.... but there are questions about some of his behaviour and actions.  I don't think we are in the position to judge the reality of that in the way that the team are and ultimately they will make their judgment.  

As for McDermott loving intense competitors... he absolutely does.  But he values professionalism equally.  What Mayfield did on the field with the crotch grab etc was ultimately unprofessional.  If that is the worst of his transgressions after doing due diligence I would still be willing to take him very high. Whether McDermott will I am less sure.