Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrEpsYtown

Mayfield may not play in Senior Bowl

Recommended Posts

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/senior-bowl-2018-baker-mayfield-nfl-draft-heisman-trophy-winner-oklahoma/onh9a1g5hvwk1rcirftgphiwv

 

So basically Mayfield's agent is saying he may not play in the game at all. He will practice and he wants to do interviews. What do you guys think about this? This comes out this morning and Mayfield showed up late so he missed weigh ins. 

 

The biggest questions for him are his size, how he will function in a pro style offense, and his character...so he's late, we don't know how big he is, and he may not play in the game. Seems a little strange to me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/senior-bowl-2018-baker-mayfield-nfl-draft-heisman-trophy-winner-oklahoma/onh9a1g5hvwk1rcirftgphiwv

 

So basically Mayfield's agent is saying he may not play in the game at all. He will practice and he wants to do interviews. What do you guys think about this? This comes out this morning and Mayfield showed up late so he missed weigh ins. 

 

The biggest questions for him are his size, how he will function in a pro style offense, and his character...so he's late, we don't know how big he is, and he may not play in the game. Seems a little strange to me. 

 

I can understand trying to avoid any kind of injury. He will have everything take place in a couple of weeks at the combine. The Senior Bowl isn't going to really help him at this point imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will drop for sure imo....not sure how many QBs under 6’ have been drafted top 10 before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have a problem with it.  At least he will be taking part in all the practices.  I don’t think he has anything to hide.  Everyone knows he’s not 6’1”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's going to be a top 10 pick as it is.  playing in this game and getting measured at 5'11" in front of all of the media gasping can only hurt his chances.  his agent is trying to protect his draft stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone's playing not to get hurt anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he took the spot of a Senior who would die to play!!!

 

He will have plenty of opportunity to Showcase his potential and interview.

 

Its like in the Military when someone get a line number to promote, but knows they are getting out. Basically taking the opportunity away from someone else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he's going to be a top 10 pick as it is.  playing in this game and getting measured at 5'11" in front of all of the media gasping can only hurt his chances.  his agent is trying to protect his draft stock

Considering the Broncos asked the NFL for Mayfield to get to play in the game and now he's not is a bit of a slap in the face. Personally I don't like him and hope some other team takes him before we have the chance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Considering the Broncos asked the NFL for Mayfield to get to play in the game and now he's not is a bit of a slap in the face. Personally I don't like him and hope some other team takes him before we have the chance. 

they will.  if Broncos pass and taken Allen (like I think they will) then I think Jets take Mayfield at 6.  lots of buzz that Saints want to try and trade up to get him so if he starts to fall to around the 10 range i think you will see teams trading up.  no way he falls too far.  only way he falls is if he plays in this game and looks bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Please make him slip, please make him slip, please make him slip!!

 

He WANTS to play for the Bills!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, teef said:

he's dead to me.

You saw the Olive Garden receipt he posted on Instagram didn’t you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

 

He WANTS to play for the Bills!!!!

Didn’t he say he wants to play for the Dolphins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good, dont let the broncos get any inside info, hopefully this turns them off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he and Rudolph (injury) have decided will not help their draft status. There is tons of tape on both players but given that transitioning to a pro offence is a question I'm sure that the pro talent evaluators would have liked to see them in live action and up close. An equally important question with respect to Mayfield is his character and he will be interviewed so that's good. The attending coaches will also get to see him interact with his teammates throughout the week of practices. And they will get to check out how he does in passing drills. 

Not participating could be more of a problem for Rudolph IMO.

Mayfield and Allen were to play on the same team. Maybe this buys Allen a bit more playing time and that is really more important in his case. He is obviously going to wow them in shorts but the main question is how well will he play against a big step up in competition. He did not do well playing last year against power 5 teams. Why did a guy with prototypical elite traits and football smarts (he's very good in front of the chalkboard) play so poorly? If he lights it up in the game he's probably going top 5. If he craps out he will drop, maybe even a fair bit. 

Edited by starrymessenger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he does something bad; maybe suggestively tears the wrapper off the Senior Bowl mascot.

 

Please drop to 21.

 

16371032141_70936456b9_z.jpg

Edited by hemma
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

What he and Rudolph (injury) have decided will not help their draft status. There is tons of tape on both players but given that transitioning to a pro offence is a question I'm sure that the pro talent evaluators would have liked to see them in live action and up close. Any equally important question with respect to Mayfield is his character and he will be interviewed so that's good. The attending coaches will also get to see him interact with his teammates throughout the week of practices. And they will get to check out how he does in passing drills. 

Not participating could be more of a problem for Rudolph IMO.

Mayfield and Allen were to play on the same team. Maybe this buys Allen a bit more playing time and that is really more important in his case. He is obviously going to wow them in shorts but the main question is how well will he play against a big step up in competition. He did not do well playing last year against power 5 teams. Why did a guy with prototypical elite traits and football smarts (he's very good in front of the chalkboard) play so poorly? If he lights it up in the game he's probably going top 5. If he craps out he will drop, maybe even a fair bit. 

 

Good points. I have a feeling Allen is going to put on a absolute show this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he's going to be a top 10 pick as it is.  playing in this game and getting measured at 5'11" in front of all of the media gasping can only hurt his chances.  his agent is trying to protect his draft stock

 

Good points, but why not just skip the whole thing then? Say he's going to focus on the combine like everyone else always does. If everybody knows he's 5'11" then he should just get measured. 

 

I get what the agent is trying to do, but it just seems wishy-washy to me. Plus he showed up late...to me that's like the guys who get a positive drug test at the combine. It's just dumb.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything that might make any top QB candidate slip a little has to be a good thing for us, right?

 

We aren't picking #1 overall.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

Good points. I have a feeling Allen is going to put on a absolute show this week. 

I have a feeling that Allen blows.

Though his throwing motion reminds me of Marino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You saw the Olive Garden receipt he posted on Instagram didn’t you?

that and i saw his review of a local applebees on yelp.  dead...to...me.

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's doing it on purpose so he can drop to #21.  He trusts the process.

 

Just now, teef said:

that and i saw his review of a local applebees on yelp.  dead...to...me.

how amazing would it  be if he was a total dick in all of his interviews, just so he could fall to the bills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teef said:

that and i saw his review of a local applebees on yelp.  dead...to...me.

 

how amazing would it  be if he was a total dick in all of his interviews, just so he could fall to the bills?

 

Did you just quote yourself and respond with an answer that doesn't fit to the statement?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

Did you just quote yourself and respond with an answer that doesn't fit to the statement?

oh ****.  yes...yes i did.  i'm not going to fix it.  i'm going to leave that there as a reminder.  how else will i learn from my mistakes?

  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×