Bills' WR Corps DFL in the NFL in Separation with the Ball in the Air

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do your homework before posting falsehoods. 

Ah, you're saying that 5 yard passes DO require a large amount of separation.

Well, well.  I had NO idea and I certainly sit corrected.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does the “2.47 yards of separation” mean the ball was thrown 2.47 yards out of the WR’s reach (7 feet high, right/left)? I seem to recall a few of Tyrod’s passes hitting the NFL Film Crew microphone guy. That would explain the “separation”. 

"Do your homework before posting falsehoods"LOL

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, hemma said:

Ah, you're saying that 5 yard passes DO require a large amount of separation.

Well, well.  I had NO idea and I certainly sit corrected.

No. I'm saying know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. Apparently too much to ask though. 

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hmm... I wonder hw that works with a conservative QB who doesn’t force into tight windows? 

Or does it imply everyone played man coverage? 

Im not sure exactly what it means but it’s a nifty stat and it means something unflattering about our offense, route trees, opposing coverage concepts or wr ability

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Zay struggled to get separation.  Benjamin is not a receiver that will get tremendous "separation", more of a guy that you throw anywhere high around his radius and he will outmuscle the defender which is precisely the sort of WR that does not mesh with TT because of his extreme aversion to risk and that he usually throws to receivers that are open.  The anti anticipation QB.

Deonte has got some speed but could use some more technique in separating.  His speed alone will not get him great separation.    And J Matthews is similar to Benjamin in that he is not a "separation" sort of receiver.   

Well when you turn your back on a play and run to one side of the field or the other, you're already giving the defense half the field to cover. And when you finally do release the ball, most of the routes have ended and it's just guys running around. And when the only guy you'll throw to is stopped with a DB closing in...

No one has learned anything on this board. We've seen a bunch of receivers leave here and become successful elsewhere but we'll just keep blaming the receivers. It's worked wonders I'd say.

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

Yah learn how to cut and paste !

Brilliance from the Southern Tier? No. 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Well when you turn your back on a play and run to one side of the field or the other, you're already giving the defense half the field to cover. And when you finally do release the ball, most of the routes have ended and it's just guys running around. And when the only guy you'll throw to is stopped with a DB closing in...

No one has learned anything on this board. We've seen a bunch of receivers leave here and become successful elsewhere but we'll just keep blaming the receivers. It's worked wonders I'd say.

2015 Sammy Watkins says "Hello"

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. I'm saying know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. Apparently too much to ask though. 

Did you suddenly become a jackass or has that been long-term problem?

I'm guessing the latter.

• Like (+1) 1