Bills' WR Corps DFL in the NFL in Separation with the Ball in the Air

Found this in the comments section. If the ultimate goal of a pass play is a completion and more separation yardage is assumed to facilitate that goal, then comp% should rise as does separation. As you can see it does (sorta) but not nearly enough to suggest there's any meaningful relationship between completing a pass and the 'average yards of separation' statistic. 

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

First sentence. 

I don't think he meant all his throws were for 5 yds, could be wrong but I didn't see it as that. seems one is a tad sensitive about a certain player that was traded that had an impact on the deep ball. which, it did but he's gone, for the best. don't need "me" characters that call fans "losers" with  "little jobs", !@#$ him. 

this separation deal will hopefully improve when they bring in a couple wr's and another QB or two this off season. may stick with the same OC, hoping not but none the less he should have a better throwing QB starting next season and better wide outs to get that separation?

so he didn't notice he has 68,000 posts. is that like GOD status or something, Lol

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

That he only only throws 5 yard passes?

There is 90 degrees of separation between what he originally understood the article to be talking about and where we've taken the conversation. The fact remains that no argument has been made to say that this information matters nor is this article worthy of major discussion other than fodder for an offseason that looks like it's going to be very long

I have yet to see one articulate point which would make me sway either way and calling his dad up pointless

It was a tired, cliched shot at TT.  That's all.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I don't think he meant all his throws were for 5 yds, could be wrong but I didn't see it as that. seems one is a tad sensitive about a certain player that was traded that had an impact on the deep ball. which, it did but he's gone, for the best. don't need "me" characters that call fans "losers" with  "little jobs", !@#$ him. 

this separation deal will hopefully improve when they bring in a couple wr's and another QB or two this off season. may stick with the same OC, hoping not but none the less he should have a better throwing QB starting next season and better wide outs to get that separation?

so he didn't notice he has 68,000 posts. is that like GOD status or something, Lol

That was my read on it as well.

5 yard cushion vs 5 yard deep.  Which he had a point if it was cushion.

Harmon: Broncos' QBs among disappointing units

Even in the football universe, life finds a way to achieve some form of balance. While some teams attain historic heights of greatness in their efforts on either side of the ball and breakout players emerge, so must a handful of units underperform. Throughout the NFL this season, there were several positional groups that proved far too disastrous to ignore.

Here we'll hand out "awards" for the top 10 most underperforming units in the 2017 campaign. Whether their teams managed to overcome them with strengths elsewhere or their issues proved too great a burden to bear, these units couldn't escape the spotlight of despair. Unless otherwise noted, the metrics used in this piece were gleaned from the objective Next Gen Stats data tracked by the chips in the players' pads.

8) Buffalo Bills' Wide Receivers

The Bills never seemed comfortable with their passing-game personnel this season. The team took Zay Jones in the second round of the draft, jettisoned Sammy Watkins in the preseason, acquired Jordan Matthews from the Eagles on the same day and dealt for former Panther Kelvin Benjamin at the trade deadline. Despite all the shifts, Buffalo fielded one of the worst wide receiver groups in the NFL in 2017. Bills wide receivers averaged 2.47 yards of separation when their quarterback released the ball, ranking dead last, with the second-to-last team averaging 2.61. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor seems destined to move on from the team following a peculiar midseason benching. The Bills will have to settle matters in their receiver group while they start over under center.

my worry is that Zay isn't very good at separation.    aside from his drops, we burned a high pick on this kid and from what I saw he struggled to get open.   He'll train his butt off though, that we know, so hopefully next year he can learn better technique and improve his playing speed to be a game changer for us.