Lorax says more DE for him next year

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I was more referring on passing plays.

Seemed like he ran by the QB a lot of the time, opening up a huge lane for the QB to either run or step up and throw.

I could be wrong, it just seemed like he did that pretty frequently though

I saw that too.

Zone defense.
how Bortles beat us btw

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough, no disagreements on how bad the interior of the line was.

But at the same time, a Defensive ends job is not to run by the QB and lose contain lol

It might be his job to turn him to run actually. The DT should ideally would cover that gap, LB or even Safety should be ready.

Play design or is Hughes freelancing ?

Edited by 3rdand12

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

They love his leadership and his ST play, that goes a long way with this staff. He’ll prolly take a pay cut

I don't think they'll ask him to take a pay cut or he'd be willing too. It's not like he is making that much. 

Contract details by year 34 $2,450,000 $550,000 $400,000 - $3,400,000 $550,000 $2,850,000($6,400,000)

He's ok. He shouldn't be a starter, though. He's the type of guy you want to rotate through.

If he is back, that's fine. If he's gone, that's fine too, in my book.

We definitely need to focus on interior defensive line and linebacker. If we can sign Cousins that will free up a lot of draft capital to focus on these and other positions.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I get that but how can McD/Beane make any guarantees without FA and the draft.

Again I have no issues with the Lorax but it's not like he's a spring chicken and he certainly didn't have the year he did last season although played the best game of his career in the playoffs against the jags.

They likely didn’t make him any guarantees,  and they don’t need to. He’s under contact. Unless they tell him they are going to cut or trade him, he’s assuming he will be back and was indicating the role he will expect to play in the defense. He knows things could change, all he’s doing is talking about what he knows today. 

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's ok. He shouldn't be a starter, though. He's the type of guy you want to rotate through.

If he is back, that's fine. If he's gone, that's fine too, in my book.

We definitely need to focus on interior defensive line and linebacker. If we can sign Cousins that will free up a lot of draft capital to focus on these and other positions.

Im hoping they can get a good QB without using both 1st rds..would like to see Star and draft maybe Roquan Smith or Josh Allen at ILB

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

On WGR this morning Lorenzo Alexander said he will be playing more in the DE spot next year.

Yes please......get a Linebacker that can fly around and make plays at the OLB position.

Guess that means he's gonna beef up again in the off season, I know he's done it before.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Guess that means he's gonna beef up again in the off season, I know he's done it before.

He's listed at 245 lbs right now.

I think he could easily add 10-15 lbs in one offseason.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

didn't he play DE coming into the NFL ? Or am i thinking of someone else ?

He was nearly a 300 lbs defensive tackle.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

It might be his job to turn him to run actually. The DT should ideally would cover that gap, LB or even Safety should be ready.

Play design or is Hughes freelancing ?

All fair points. I guess that is why sometimes it’s hard to judge these guys , cause we aren’t exactly sure what their assignments are

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

I was actually thinking he'd be a cap casualty this year partly due to his salary and partly because I think he was playing out of position at LB.  I like the idea of moving him back to DE.

If this is true, expect some changes at the LB ers group. Humber is at ST imo.

Brown is up for argument.
Bills have chased off many a decent MLB over the years, so i remain guarded about Preston.

Seen some good play by him mostly