Lorax says more DE for him next year

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

On WGR this morning Lorenzo Alexander said he will be playing more in the DE spot next year.

Yes please......get a Linebacker that can fly around and make plays at the OLB position.

This is where he should have been all along, but our roster depth at LB kind of forced their hand I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

Makes sense.  Hey we are going more athletic at LB.  We like your leadership would you be open to putting on a few more pounds this offseason and play DE?  That is a postion of weakness and wouldnt be surprised if hughea is a cap casualty.  He is paid like a 10 sacks a year guy.  Wjat did he get 5?

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

He’s obviously talked to the team about it

I get that but how can McD/Beane make any guarantees without FA and the draft.

Again I have no issues with the Lorax but it's not like he's a spring chicken and he certainly didn't have the year he did last season although played the best game of his career in the playoffs against the jags.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I get that but how can McD/Beane make any guarantees without FA and the draft.

Again I have no issues with the Lorax but it's not like he's a spring chicken and he certainly didn't have the year he did last season although played the best game of his career in the playoffs against the jags.

They love his leadership and his ST play, that goes a long way with this staff. He’ll prolly take a pay cut

Just now, WMDman said:

They love his leadership and his ST play, that goes a long way with this staff. He’ll prolly take a pay cut

Works for me and he certainly could extend his career playing more of a situational pass rusher/backup role for this team.

Just not sure he should be starting again for this team even at a reduced salary. But he's a pro's pro and will go a long way helping Matt STUD-Lano develop.

• Like (+1) 1