Benjamin is a #1 WR

18 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I agree. Once he's healthy he's a real threat. His problem early on in Carolina was playing as big as he looks on the field, had a bit of a reputation as soft...but I think that's in the past. He's a weapon.

There was some thing about him showing up to camp out of shape right? 

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the complete ineptness of the offense for 60 minutes cost us the game

Then no one should be bitching about that specific play and how TT blew it.  TT blew it in many ways. But he can’t catch as well. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah they can.  Why not just run it?  

From 1st and goal on the 1?!?  Who in their right mind would run it there? If we learned anything from Pete Carroll in the Super Bowl, you don’t run it with your star RB at the 1. You force it to a receiver. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

From 1st and goal on the 1?!?  Who in their right mind would run it there? If we learned anything from Pete Carroll in the Super Bowl, you don’t run it with your star RB at the 1. You force it to a receiver. 

I think we had the ball for like 8 minutes on that drive....got a break with the offsides and still couldn't get 6.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah they can.  Why not just run it?  

Yesterday Donald Jones, who seem solid when it comes to technical analysis, expressed the following:

-Not TTs fault

- if you disagree with them not running, you disagree with the play called

- it was an RPO playcall and the right read when you have k benj one on one outside with no safety help is to throw

- and that why you go get Kbenj, for that exact situation 

Benjamin is more of a 1B or a 2 IMO

A large not speedy vet that can catch the ball in traffic and create space with his size.

I still want my 1A WR to have a combination of Size AND Speed and the ability ot run a very solid route tree. benjamin is not a speed guy or a terific route runner just a large body with good hands and great catch range

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yesterday Donald Jones, who seem solid when it comes to technical analysis, expressed the following:

-Not TTs fault

- it was an RPO playcall and the right read when you have k benj one on one outside with no safety help is to throw

I do like Jones and value his opinion.

I still think it should have been ran but that's just my opinion.

Did he mention anything about the throw itself?  Benjamin is 6"5 and the ball was not thrown as a jump ball where he could use his size to go up and get it.  

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

-Not TTs fault

the problem was that there was a wide open guy running a post route to the right side with no defender within 5 feet.  

Benjamin should be a TE.  He can't separate against elite cover corners and should be schemed to matchup on a linebacker or safety.

A WR corps should be like a basketball team.  Benjamin is the power forward.  The small forward / shooting guard is the #1 WR and a guy we need.  The PG is the slot WR, maybe Zay can take the spot, maybe not.  Our other WRs are role players.

7 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

He's a tight end who runs poor routes. Consistently out of shape and it's reflected by his JV football speed.

Sweet troll.  Nobody who actually knows what they're talking about agrees with this.  

You'd think a fat, slow, poor route running wide receiver with bad hands would garner a lot less interest in this league, but I guess everybody else is just dumber than this guy...

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya another Tyrod problem does not scan the field good or fast enough.

Poor at reading defenses.

his scouting report 

Struggles breaking down coverage and makes too many ill-advised throws

does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Benjamin should be a TE.  He can't separate against elite cover corners and should be schemed to matchup on a linebacker or safety.

A WR corps should be like a basketball team.  Benjamin is the power forward.  The small forward / shooting guard is the #1 WR and a guy we need.  The PG is the slot WR, maybe Zay can take the spot, maybe not.  Our other WRs are role players.

Agree. marquise goodwin type player would be great right now. Had a career year.  Shows even more Tyrod is a bridge QB.

While I think Benjamin is a great talent, I do find it ironic that an underperforming often injured WR is considered a #1, when Bills fans spent the last couple years saying Sammy sucks because he underperforms and is injured all the time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya another Tyrod problem does not scan the field good or fast enough.

Poor at reading defenses.

There simply aren't many guys, if any, who can keep the play alive long enough to scan the entire field.  Watch any QB, even the great ones, where they are looking right after the snap is where the ball is going.  A few guys (Wilson, Wentz) are able to keep the play alive to switch sides, but the idea of a big field general checking off 4 options before throwing the ball isn't reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dorkington said:

While I think Benjamin is a great talent, I do find it ironic that an underperforming often injured WR is considered a #1, when Bills fans spent the last couple years saying Sammy sucks because he underperforms and is injured all the time. 

They have very similar careers thus far, except Benjamin doesn't upset the locker room and seemingly believes that the Earth is round.  

I'll take the latter (plus the 5 or so extra inches).  Very similar career arcs though.

Edited by Hurricane Marv
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

I had thought he was brought in to be a big target in the end zone.   

The reference above to TE makes sense, except WR's make more $ than a TE.  

Lets not forget who the OP is 

Image result for buffalo bud           image.jpeg.d67afd35f84390b24e9b2efb2ec37006.jpeg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Agree. marquise goodwin type player would be great right now. Had a career year.  Shows even more Tyrod is a bridge QB.

The irony is Benjamin was the type of guy they always needed when they had Woods / Watkins / Goodwin.  They lose all 3 and then get the guy they were missing.  The four of them together would be at the very top of the WR rankings.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dorkington said:

While Sammy did not do too good this year.

I look at other WRS like Goodwin career year. Robert Woods was going to have career year to injuries. Chris Hogan as we all know... 

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

The irony is Benjamin was the type of guy they always needed when they had Woods / Watkins / Goodwin.  They lose all 3 and then get the guy they were missing.  The four of them together would be at the very top of the WR rankings.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love having Benjamin, but we definitely need a speed guy right now (I consider Jones to be our new Woods type at this point). 

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

To be fair regarding Goodwin, he practically had a foot out of the league as a novelty just a couple of years back.  I don't think anybody anticipated that he'd have the year that he did.  Testament to Jimmy G. and San Francisco's lack of options, really.  

Fans may have been low on him, but I don't think the league was. He found a home pretty quickly in FA. He's had injuries, but they weren't chronic in one specific area, and when he had the opportunity to run a bigger route tree he performed pretty well too. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rob's House said:

What's the knock on Thompson? I haven't studied his game but as a casual observer it seems like he gets open, has decent hands, and great speed. Obviously he has weaknesses or he wouldn't have bounced around the league, but what are they?

He runs lazy routes too much of the time, doesn't track the deep ball well, and sometimes uses his body to catch the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Sweet troll.  Nobody who actually knows what they're talking about agrees with this.  

You'd think a fat, slow, poor route running wide receiver with bad hands would garner a lot less interest in this league, but I guess everybody else is just dumber than this guy...

IMG_20180110_183245.jpg

40 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

IMG_20180110_183245.jpg

So this random data without any backstory concludes that Benjamin is a slow, poor route running receiver with bad hands?

What constitutes this data?  When was it taken?  Entire season, or after Benjamin got there?  Is this Benjamin specifically?  C'mon now, don't throw up a colored chart without any real context and suggest that it means Benjamin is overrated.  

Show me a chart that clearly indicates that Benjamin lacks separation relative to his peers over his entire career, which frankly shouldn't be that difficult to find or put together, rather than cherry picking other people's information from other threads to frame your own argument, please.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

He's a number 1 wr on a bad offensive team. He would be a really good #2.  Separation is the key to being an elite wr. He doesn't separate well enough.  He missed two years ago and Cam Newton was the MVP.  You don't become better if you are missing a true 1 wr. 

Sammy, Kelvin, and Jones would have been amazing situation for a young qb to step into. But trust the process. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, BuffaloBud420 said:

The guy has great hands, can separate and uses his large frame very well. He can have Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Marshall (in their prime) numbers with a good QB that's not afraid to throw. He is always open.

We can get someone on the other side to stretch the field through FA like Mike Wallace or John Brown. Don't waste a high pick on a WR.

Are you Kelvin Benjamin's agent? 

He's been in the league for 4 years now and I think it's safe to say he is NOT a #1 WR. His ceiling, if he can stay healthy (which he hasn't), is a pretty good WR2.