Jalen Ramsey's Game Clinching "Interception"

57 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Jesse James maintained control the entire time and it was overturned and ruled no catch.  

It wasn't a catch because of the NFLs definition of patriotism.

Patriotism - anything that helps the Patriots win.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As much as we complain about the call, let's not forget that the Bills were gifted two wins this year. The refs made a horrible call on that Colts 2P conversion (the block absolutely began within a yard of the LOS - I watched it multiple times), and the fumble call on Matt Ryan was beyond ridiculous. It's not often (more like never) that you see a pass that goes 15 yards down the field get called a fumble. The Bills got their calls this year, and they were the difference between 7-9 and 9-7. The Bills were absolutely screwed in the Miami game last year (remember the two non-PI calls in the EZ on on Charles Clay that arguably cost the team 8 pts PLUS all of the other stuff?), and if they had gone into the Jets game at an 8-7 record, they probably would have won that last game (against a horrible team) instead of tanking. 

Overall, the refs were kind to the Bills this season. 

It doesn't matter if the block came within 1 yard of the LOS.

from the NFL rule book when the ball is in the air there shall be NO BLOCKING past the LOS

the ball was in the air and the colts player was still blocking. It was illegal 

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think it’s the frame by frame analysis. Replay was intended to overturn obvious mistakes not break a catch down frame by frame. They need to go back to staying with the call on the field unless it’s obvious.

Couldn't agree more. I really don't see the need for a Zapruder film analysis on every close play in an NFL game.

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As much as we complain about the call, let's not forget that the Bills were gifted two wins this year. The refs made a horrible call on that Colts 2P conversion (the block absolutely began within a yard of the LOS - I watched it multiple times), and the fumble call on Matt Ryan was beyond ridiculous. It's not often (more like never) that you see a pass that goes 15 yards down the field get called a fumble. The Bills got their calls this year, and they were the difference between 7-9 and 9-7. The Bills were absolutely screwed in the Miami game last year (remember the two non-PI calls in the EZ on on Charles Clay that arguably cost the team 8 pts PLUS all of the other stuff?), and if they had gone into the Jets game at an 8-7 record, they probably would have won that last game (against a horrible team) instead of tanking. 

Overall, the refs were kind to the Bills this season. 

dont start talking sense to us now..you could spoil the mood 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

an illusion?  it looks like the front nose of the ball hits the ground.  i may be wrong, but an illusion?  that's like when my wife hit one of those construction barrels, and said the way in which they were set up created an optical illusion.  it wasn't an illusion.  again, i may be wrong.

It did hit the ground. You can see his right hand on the ball above the nose of it, he then scooped under the ball.

It was close, tough to overturn looking at replays but it did hit.

Having said that, it is doubtful Peterman could have sustained a drive anyway,but we will never know.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I agree with the rule. And I understand what you see 

however knowing that 

ball called a pick on the field. So you have disagreements amongst Bills fans so that to me is inconclusive and hence the call on the field stands 

dont think it was announced confirmed. Which means not enough to overturn it is all

You and others siding with the call on the field and inconclusive here are missing the point.

Riveron has been overturning this call all season long. Why does he stop now?

Just rewatched it on my 65" HD TV. Plain as day as he rolls over, part of the ball also rolls on the ground too.  Yes he has one hand on the ball, but since he's rolling, his hand doesn't stay between the ball and ground. In fact, the latter is physically & scientifically impossible, unless his hand is also moving around the ball as he rolls (it's not).

Shad Khan must have paid in more than Pegs! :D

Edited by John in Jax
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Just rewatched it on my 65" HD TV. Plain as day as he rolls over, part of the ball also rolls on the ground too.  Yes he has one hand on the ball, but since he's rolling, his hand doesn't stay between the ball and ground. In fact, the latter is physically & scientifically impossible, unless his hand is also moving around the ball as he rolls (it's not).

Shad Khan must have paid in more than Pegs! :D

Yup  Like I said, you could have overturned that INT for 3 different reasons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

It doesn't matter if the block came within 1 yard of the LOS.

from the NFL rule book when the ball is in the air there shall be NO BLOCKING past the LOS

the ball was in the air and the colts player was still blocking. It was illegal 

Watch games - it literally happens all of the time. A close friend of mine who is a Pats fan complained about Bob Woods’ block on a td pass in the 16-0 victory over the Pats last season, and I made a point of looking out for it afterward. It literally happens in every game and is never called. Trust me.

3 hours ago, teef said:

i don't either.  that's by far the best view i've seen, and it's definitely not an interception.  honestly...every review i saw it looked like a solid catch.  

you can't see the ball bounce against the ground?

You got super vision? lol. his hand was under the ball and the TV broadcast got all the good angles. Theres no way you can tell from those twitter clips. 

This was unfortunately the right call. Get over it boys. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Watch games - it literally happens all of the time. A close friend of mine who is a Pats fan complained about Bob Woods’ block on a td pass in the 16-0 victory over the Pats last season, and I made a point of looking out for it afterward. It literally happens in every game and is never called. Trust me.

Woods was within a yard of the LOS and did not block further than that.  Actually it was textbook of how you're supposed to do it legally.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was more angry about the Zay “drop” on the previous drive, 3rd down, that on replay clearly showed defensive PI.  The DB arrived early and wrapped up Zay’s arms before the ball even arrived. The announcers didn’t even say anything. I was so pissed 

5 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You got super vision? lol. his hand was under the ball and the TV broadcast got all the good angles. Theres no way you can tell from those twitter clips. 

This was unfortunately the right call. Get over it boys.

Totally wrong.  And at the very least, he didn't control the ball on the way to the ground. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I never said it doesn't happen.

But the rule book clearly states no blocking past the LOS when the ball is in the air

they need to enforce the rulebook

Just now, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Totally right. Some fans can let things go. Others can't. Doesn't matter if the balls moving around if the ball didn't hit the ground. 

The ball hits the ground.  Try using your eyes.

• Like (+1) 1