Jalen Ramsey's Game Clinching "Interception"

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Thats because they believe it touched the ground. Which you can’t use the ground to complete the catch.

I dont think there was an actual shot showing it touch the ground though.

I don't think the James catch ever touched the ground, they just said it "moved" in his hands which means he did not maintain control though the ground.  Same case with this one but different ruling.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You are correct, although the PI shouldn't have been called - it was bang-bang and he was going for the ball. The defender has a right to it too. It may have been a little early, but it was a good play by Ramsay.

I saw the PI happen in real time.  The refs ignored it.  In any case, the INT shouldn't have stood for 3 different reasons. 

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Well, Thompson could have been coming back for the ball - he could see that it was taking all day to get there.   Plus, if he's coming back, he's better able to break after the catch.   He can't box out the defender because he doesn't know where the defender is.   In hindsight it's easy to say he should have moved a half step to his right, but he has no way to know that.  

The better question is what the hell was Peterman doing throwing it there?   HE can see the receiver and the defender, so he can see that the ball has to be thrown to lead the receiver to the sideline.  Also, as someone has pointed out, the throw to the outside shoulder would lead Thompson out of bounds.   

Most importantly, Peterman showed on that play that he doesn't have an NFL arm.   That's perhaps the most important throw an NFL QB needs to make - a bullet to the sideline.   Peterman threw a lollipop.  

That play is not on the receiver.      

Even more importantly, there were 23 seconds when he threw it and they had no TOs! That's a play in which you expect a guy being covered by Ramsay to be tackled in bounds if he catches it. And it was like a an 8 yard pickup at best. Why is he making that throw??? The only reason I can think of is because he doesn't want to challenge them deep and throw a pick. It's ironic what happened, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I don't think the James catch ever touched the ground, they just said it "moved" in his hands which means he did not maintain control though the ground.  Same case with this one but different ruling.

Yea moved in his hands and touched the ground. The problem with the Jesse J catch to me was that his forearm was on the ground and you literally couldn’t see if it touched the ground. Yes the ball moved but the ball can move as long as you regain control and it doesn’t touch the ground in doing so.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I saw the PI happen in real time.  The refs ignored it.  In any case, the INT shouldn't have stood for 3 different reasons. 

Enh, just a personal preference of mine. If the defender is breaking on the ball too and has a clear shot at it, let 'em play, and may the better player win. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wasnt as bad as the PI that happened earlier in the game, the defender had Jones(?) wrapped up before the ball was even close to getting there. Trapped his arm too.

Those calls shouldn’t be missed in a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

high definition television, inconsistent reviews and debate of what constitutes clear and convincing or irrefutable evidence makes for a game that appears at times to be tilted toward one team or another.  I'd be comfortable with this being an int all day long if I didn't have to compare it with the KB td catch, or the fumble in Miami. In both those plays--absent some special field view that  the NFL has decided to keep hidden from the paying public, assumptions had to be made to  overturn those calls.

personally, I think the trend of fewer fans attending until they fix it.  Seems to be a gigantic waste of time and money to go to a game, especially when your team is average or below-average, where there is not trust in those who run it.  I'm still amazed we could be on the wrong side of 3 or 4 calls one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Wasnt as bad as the PI that happened earlier in the game, the defender had Jones(?) wrapped up before the ball was even close to getting there. Trapped his arm too.

Yep. That was on the Bills' 2nd to last drive...on 3rd down.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh, just a personal preference of mine. If the defender is breaking on the ball too and has a clear shot at it, let 'em play, and may the better player win. 

He has every right to break on the ball.  He just can't contact the player early. 

Nope.  And these are "full-time officials."  So much for that improving the horrid state of officiating.

Yea moved in his hands and touched the ground. The problem with the Jesse J catch to me was that his forearm was on the ground and you literally couldn’t see if it touched the ground. Yes the ball moved but the ball can move as long as you regain control and it doesn’t touch the ground in doing so.

Well, not necessarily. That is exactly what happened with the Dez Bryant "non catch" a couple of years ago and it was called no catch. he lost control but regained it without it touching the ground.

46 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I see the hand and arm under the ball the entire time. Sorry

This.

If White or Poyer or anyone on the Bills makes this grab and it's ruled not a catch everyone would go ballistic saying we got hosed. Tin foil hats are really tight in this fanbase.

He clearly loses the ball from the impact of hitting the ground, and gathers it back in thanks to the ground.  And again, he didn't complete the act of catching the ball.  I honestly wonder what some of you think you see.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well, not necessarily. That is exactly what happened with the Dez Bryant "non catch" a couple of years ago and it was called no catch. he lost control but regained it without it touching the ground.

The Dez Bryan catch the ground caused him to lose control. It completely did touch the ground, that’s the whole point of the rule. The ball can move it just can’t touch the ground.

Watch the Dez play again, he stretches out with one hand and as he’s coming down the ball bounces off the ground, it moves. That’s why they said incomplete. If it moved in his hand but never touched the ground, it’s a catch.

This all comes from not establishing yourself as a runner yet. Because if you did, the ground can’t cause a fumble.

Here look:

Edited by Wayne Cubed

56 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Survive the ground or play for the team that's supposed to win! 

When they didn't even bother to review the TE TD I knew we weren't getting calls for the remainder of the game. But the bottom line is our offense was so awful it just didn't matter how many calls we needed...

45 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It makes me sick to my stomach that NP was robbed the opportunity to tie the game and possibly lead the Bills to a big upset over St Doug and his heavily favored Jags.

If that was a Brady pass it would have been overturned instantly.

Yeah he got robbed IMO.  At the same time... he either shouldn't have thrown the pass as the corner is squatting the route or he should have better arm strength to drive the pass in there.  He isn't a good QB.  Not by a mile.  Can he get better?  Maybe, but he has a long way to go.  Don't understand your infatuation with him, but he isn't good.  Nowhere near good.

45 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I can't complain because the refs gave us a favorable spot for a first. I can't remember the exact play but it was a shady run and I felt we got lucky on the spot.

Yes we did.  Shady was close to a full yard short.  Had it been reviewed before the snap we never would have gotten that first down.

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He NFL how about you toss out the catch rule and start from scratch. It shouldnt be this difficult

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry don't see it.  Hands under ball.  Need to see the ball hit the ground.  

Admit it though if the Patriots then it would have been overturned.

i know a few optometrists u could see

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The Dez Bryan catch the ground caused him to lose control. It completely did touch the ground, that’s the whole point of the rule. The ball can move it just can’t touch the ground.

Watch the Dez play again, he stretches out with one hand and as he’s coming down the ball bounces off the ground, it moves. That’s why they said incomplete. If it moved in his hand but never touched the ground, it’s a catch.

Yup, my bad, I remembered it wrong.