Jalen Ramsey's Game Clinching "Interception"

Just now, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Oh, i used mine. Try using yours. Squint harder, you'll see it.

Get over it dude. It's fans like you that make us all look bad. 

LOL!  You coudn't see something if I spotted you a third eye. 

And nice try, Ravens fan.  You give yourself a bad name all on your own.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry don't see it.  Hands under ball.  Need to see the ball hit the ground.  

Admit it though if the Patriots then it would have been overturned.

It was clear as day watching it live. The ball moved after the ball was initially "secured", and the ground was used to regain control. Easy incompletion...

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Where is his right arm. The second video blown up creates an illusion. 

The right arm was under the Ball the entire time

You can clearly see his right hand lose control when he hits the ground. Ball moves, ground is used to regain control. How can anyone see differently???

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was more angry about the Zay “drop” on the previous drive, 3rd down, that on replay clearly showed defensive PI.  The DB arrived early and wrapped up Zay’s arms before the ball even arrived. The announcers didn’t even say anything. I was so pissed 

Romo said he got away with holding.

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Woods was within a yard of the LOS and did not block further than that.  Actually it was textbook of how you're supposed to do it legally.

You’re arguing the letter of the law and I’m arguing reality. Woods’ block was legal, but that’s not really the point .Watch it going forward - it is never called. Pick a random jags-texans game and watch from start to finish — you will quickly see what i mean. And seriously, watch the Pats 2p conversion again. That play starts at the 2.5 yard line and when amendola catches it, hogan has the end zone line - 

Freeze it at the beginning of the 5 second mark - that is when the catch happens and it is clear as freaking day that the falcons’ defender has been pushed to the goal line at the moment of the catch. It is literally inarguable.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never said it doesn't happen.

But the rule book clearly states no blocking past the LOS when the ball is in the air

they need to enforce the rulebook

But they don’t. I thin it’s fine because there are too many flags as is and I don’t really like the rule because it requires players to unnaturally disengage. But that’s neither here nor there. The defense gets away with a ton within 5 yards of the LOS too.

Edited by dave mcbride

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry don't see it.  Hands under ball.  Need to see the ball hit the ground.  

Admit it though if the Patriots then it would have been overturned.

When Ramsey and the ball hit the ground, the ball moves.  The ground can't cause a fumble, but it can cause an incomplete pass.  I very much doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game, but it was clearly a missed call.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I saw the PI happen in real time.  The refs ignored it.  In any case, the INT shouldn't have stood for 3 different reasons. 

Good non PI. The DB is allowed to make a play on the ball. Doesn't matter if he makes contact with the WR first. It was a very, very poorly thrown ball. Ramsey capitalized. 

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You’re arguing the letter of the law and I’m arguing reality. Woods’ block was legal, but that’s not really the point .Watch it going forward - it is never called. Pick a random jags-texans game and watch from start to finish — you will quickly see what i mean. And seriously, watch the Pats 2p conversion again. That play starts at the 2.5 yard line and when amendola catches it, hogan has the end zone line - 

Freeze it at the beginning of the 5 second mark - that is when the catch happens and it is clear as freaking day that the falcons’ defender has been pushed to the goal line at the moment of the catch. It is literally inarguable.

But they don’t. I thin it’s fine because there are too many flags as is and I don’t really like the rule because it requires players to unnaturally disengage. But that’s neither here nor there. The defense gets away with a ton within 5 yards of the LOS too.

Then they need to get rid of the rule. It's a referees job to enforce the rulebook and it's clearly stated in there 

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Good non PI. The DB is allowed to make a play on the ball. Doesn't matter if he makes contact with the WR first. It was a very, very poorly thrown ball. Ramsey capitalized. 

You are not allowed to interfere the offensive player before the ball arrives. Period.   But it was obvious with non-call on Jones earlier that they would never have called it. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You are not allowed to interfere the offensive player before the ball arrives. Period.   But it was obvious with non-call on Jones earlier that they would never have called it. 

You should never be allowed to be an NFL ref, Doc. Every game would be a four-hour flagfest.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You should never be allowed to be an NFL ref, Doc. Every game would be a four-hour flagfest.

Hey Dave you gotta admit that very often they call defensive PI when a DB is just making minor hand-to-body contact with a receiver, and it really doesn't even prevent the receiver from catching the ball, but they call it anyway. In THIS case, and others like it, the definite early arrival of the DB, and the ramming of the receiver, affects the play about a million times more, so of course it should be called ...every time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I looked at it several times.  The blocker is at about the half yard line when the player gets the pass.  They could have called it and they probably should have called it because technically it was past 1 yard beyond the LOS.  But that's a very close play and the ball was passed to a player behind those blockers.  Aiken was blocking well into the endzone while the pass was lobbed into the endzone.  And the fact that the Cheaters got the BOTD should surprise you none.

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You are probably right. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I wasn’t really discouraged by the 5 pick game.

I was MUCH more discouraged by that throw.  It just floated over there.

That was the same type of throw that was responsible for 2-3 of those picks in the LA game. They were inaccurate and lacked velocity, but most important, they were horribly telegraphed. I kept that thought fresh in my head going into the Colts game, and it had appeared to be something that he'd worked on and improved upon, but I guess it's much easier for a young, inexperienced QB to have that train of thought when you have a week to prepare, as opposed to being thrust into duty late in a game where trailing.

This isn’t becoming ridiculous.  This is how it’s been for a decade+.  It’s been ridiculous for a long time.  Did you guys actually think they were going to overturn it?  Sure it was obvious but most of the calls against us are obvious 

6 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I felt like he ran threw the WR too. There was definitely shoulder to shoulder contact before the ball arrived.

Ya there was a couple pass interferences they missed, he was early, ball bounced on ground but bottom line is the O controlled the ball but couldn't get points, and still , if not for a couple drops, we win the game.

Dennison has to go. Tyrod,who I've strongly supported,has to go. The D is too good, Shady is too good and doesn't have much time left. This team gets better QB play and they can be a stronghold in the AFC 

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ball can hit the ground if your arm is under it. It was 

You can’t re adjust your grip when the ball is on the ground and this is exactly what happens, for a split second both hands leave the ball and re adjust the grip. Easy no catch call if you are interested in making the correct call. It was easy to tell the officials were not interested in doing so this game...

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

That is NEVER GETTING called. Easy for yardsperpass to slow it way down to get people all riled up 

I agree. Especially since he is also making a play on the ball. 

7 hours ago, section122 said:

This is one of those calls that we screamed about with KB.  Can't have it both ways folks.  If you have to look at every minute thing to see if it was a catch it should be ruled a catch (or int).  This is one of those cases.  It looked like a pick and maybe just maybe it moved slightly but I would rather calls go this way than the KB call.

Okay but problem is we didn't get it both ways. We got screwed on both calls. Same with the Clay overturned catch call on the sideline. 

7 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think it’s the frame by frame analysis. Replay was intended to overturn obvious mistakes not break a catch down frame by frame. They need to go back to staying with the call on the field unless it’s obvious.

Ding, ding, ding. 

And if we did this Jesse James and KB both score TDs against New England. Clay makes a first down catch to move the chains on the sideline and this Ramsey INT is an INT. They should have went with the original calls on the field for the other three like they did with the Ramsey INT. 

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't know...I cannot recall a time where PI was called on a play like that. DB has a right to play the ball there IMO. 

The no call earlier was blatant, though. They have to call those.