If Dennison is brought back will you still trust the process?

Klaista2k

Dennison  

111 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills bring back Dennison will you still trust the process?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Bingo!

Also, Tyrod being an incapable starting QB and Dennison being an incompetent play-caller may not necessarily be mutually exclusive. We have seen enough of Tyrod to know that the first statement is true; I would be willing to give Dennison a shot with a competent NFL QB before running him out of town.

Tyrod is gone. Rico is on thin ice and he gets 1 more year for redemption. But I have a real bad feeling about Dennison. We need a young dynamic OC to compliment our HC.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You don't have to be a head coach to help a player develop 

simian was named captain and they had high hopes for him

kubiak is still employed by the Broncos in a front office role... if he was solely responsible for making Simian look good they would still have him help Simian develop 

he severely regressed this year. But he looked serviceable with Dennison as OC

But he’s not on the sidelines with him, at practice with him, coaching him.

I don’t think siemians success had anything to do with Dennison. 

Multiple players on the Denver offence openly complained about Rico last year 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Would anyone here be upset if Dennison was let go? Is anyone really excited by the prospect of him coming back?

I would be so happy if they don’t bring him back

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

But he’s not on the sidelines with him, at practice with him, coaching him.

I don’t think siemians success had anything to do with Dennison. 

Multiple players on the Denver offence openly complained about Rico last year 

I would be so happy if they don’t bring him back

That is also true

but my point was Kubiak should have been there if he was such a big piece in his development 

the broncos had high hopes for Simian 

Outside of Shady, what did he have to work with? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Tyrod is a very bad QB and Peterman is a 5th round pick and should be on the PS. Give Dennison some QB talent to work with (you know they are going to completely overhaul that position), let's see what Dennison does with Alex Smith and a high draft choice, it's not fair to judge him now, the evidence against him is inconclusive at best.

While Taylor may have missed open receivers, that doesn't excuse Dennison's god awful play calling and way too conservative approach once the Bills have a lead. I mean a 2nd and 25 and you hand the ball off to Tolbert? If the Bills cut both loose, I won't lose any sleep over it

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Strethor said:

I have minor issues with Dennison regarding personnel decisions (Tolbert).. His play designs are usually pretty good but executed horribly by TT and example is the first and goal was a run pass option that TT botched entirely. Romo calls out play after play where guys are open but nothing happens - I cant judge Dennison because of this. When you have Taylor at QB and don't fully commit to molding a system that fits him it's no surprise that it has come to this. I would be open to giving Dennison a second chance to find a QB and a vet that fits what he wants to do but there has no doubt been some questionable things that he has done that would warrant not trusting the process

I didn't like the decision to pass whoever made it. But the guy that botched it entirely was Kelvin. Flagrantly shoving that DB like that is gonna get called every time. Even Tony Romo pointed it out.  Everyone knows if Tony points out a mistake it's the real deal.

I think Dennison might be okay but IMHO Castillo is the one that needs to go !! 

The new blocking scheme they implemented this year with Juan at the helm stunk !! They had a power blocking scheme under the Kromer which is the same guy that gave Gurley back his 1K+ yard season & helped to get the Rams into the play offs again .

Juan has never really done anything but choose a great time to become a Ravens assistant to get a SB ring ...

NO NO NO. Dennison is mostly at fault for the offensive woes, with a little help from Tyrod. Anthony lynn made due. We woulda made it Pittsburgh at least with Lynn’s offense. Plus Broncos fans don’t speak highly of him either...he’s holding us back and I’d rather forego the inevitable SOONER rather than LATER. He’s got to go.

Edited by BillsMafioso

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Outside of Shady, what did he have to work with? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Tyrod is a very bad QB and Peterman is a 5th round pick and should be on the PS. Give Dennison some QB talent to work with (you know they are going to completely overhaul that position), let's see what Dennison does with Alex Smith and a high draft choice, it's not fair to judge him now, the evidence against him is inconclusive at best.

Well, let's carry that thought a bit further.  Outside of Shady and (for part of the season) Clay, what did Taylor have to work with?

You can say the evidence is inconclusive.  Taylor devolved in all categories this year.  He didn't have those <100 yd passing games last year or the year before - in fact last year he had 3 games where he was pushing 300 yds.  Shady devolved in YPA - not a little bit, a lot, 1.4 ypa less. 

What changed?

1) the WR corps (who is the decision maker driving that?)

2) the offensive scheme and OC

Did Taylor leave plays on the field, absolutely at times.  But at other times, he had no one to throw to.  And our run game was much less effective.

I'm concerned about Denison.  I think the evidence says the problems don't start and end with Taylor.

48 minutes ago, T master said:

The new blocking scheme they implemented this year with Juan at the helm stunk !! They had a power blocking scheme under the Kromer which is the same guy that gave Gurley back his 1K+ yard season & helped to get the Rams into the play offs again .

Juan has never really done anything but choose a great time to become a Ravens assistant to get a SB ring ...

Something to that, too.  The Ravens OL seemed to be addition by subtraction.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, let's carry that thought a bit further.  Outside of Shady and (for part of the season) Clay, what did Taylor have to work with?

You can say the evidence is inconclusive.  Taylor devolved in all categories this year.  He didn't have those <100 yd passing games last year or the year before - in fact last year he had 3 games where he was pushing 300 yds.  Shady devolved in YPA - not a little bit, a lot, 1.4 ypa less. 

What changed?

1) the WR corps (who is the decision maker driving that?)

2) the offensive scheme and OC

Did Taylor leave plays on the field, absolutely at times.  But at other times, he had no one to throw to.  And our run game was much less effective.

I'm concerned about Denison.  I think the evidence says the problems don't start and end with Taylor.

Rico and Coach McDermott Rexed our offense.

Hopefully Coach McDermott doesn't do what Rex did. Keep his coordinator and bring in a twin to help.

• Like (+1) 1

If we expend a lot of currency to move up and take an exciting prospect at QB, I'd like to see Dennison gone.

Why?  B/C we were late to the OC party last year and had to settle for someone who was not our first choice.

If that can be improved/reversed this off-season, we must do it.

Make the team as good as it can be.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, T master said:

The zone running game was Dennison's idea.   There were articles written about it when he was hired.   He publicly said he was bringing it to Buffalo and it would succeed because the offensive line was good.

Yeah, I would.

If they bring him back it would mean they thought he wasn't the main part of the problem. And they know better than us.

17 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

The zone running game was Dennison's idea.   There were articles written about it when he was hired.   He publicly said he was bringing it to Buffalo and it would succeed because the offensive line was good.

I think a lot of that switch is that nobody else can really run Roman's system. Lynn had an advantage in that he'd worked under Roman and the players already knew the system. Roman had coached everyone through the preseason for the year Lynn took over as OC. Roman's system isn't easy to implement without Roman.

Edited by Thurman#1

31 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I think Castillo takes some blame because it's his job to make sure the line improves technique, and that just didn't happen. I think the problem is the personnel fitting the scheme. The problem with a guy like Tyrod is that they are asking him to do things he simply can't do. The problem with our line is that they were built for a power running scheme and they are just too slow and unathletic to make the zone scheme work. Again, we are asking them to do things they simply cannot do.

Aside from Dion Dawkins, none of these guys fit the scheme. Go watch the Atlanta Falcons play and see how fast their lineman move in space. Guys like Jake Matthews, Alex Mack, and Andy Levitre (though he is on IR right now). That is the type of lineman you want, not these big slow plodders. Watch them run zone plays and understand that is what our run game is supposed to look like. 

When Abry Jones (I think it was him or Marcell) split the double team between Incognito and Wood you could see the flaws in their abilities...slow with zero flexibility and bad feet.