Bills-Jags Was Best Game of the Weekend

Rico

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

... if you like old-school slobber-knockers,  PUNT FESTS, and I do.I’m hearing this a lot at work today here in Baltimore, and I have to agree. 

Worst post on this board and a painful game to watch. If you (or any of us) were not die-hard Bills fans, would you have honestly watched this game? I have never seen 2 worse QBs in a game, ever. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/01/08/bills-jaguars-worst-offensive-performance-playoff-history-debate

Edited by BuffaninATL
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

Worst post on this board and a painful game to watch. If you (or any of us) were not die-hard Bills fans, would you have honestly watched this game? I have never seen 2 worse QBs in a game, ever

At least in a playoff game.  That was one sad display of Quarterbacking on both sides.  Every time Bortles made a run & had that stupid smirk on his face like he just lit up the 85 Bears, I kept thinking "try that sh*t next week & the Steeler LBs will pound you about 10 feet into the turf. 

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

... if you like old-school slobber-knockers, and I do.I’m hearing this a lot at work today here in Baltimore, and I have to agree. 

The QB play killed it.

Tyrod was not good but Bortles was just downright disgusting.   The good plays he made running the ball had nothing to do with his ability to do so and everything to do with the Bills just selling out in other areas of the field.   I can't even appreciate those.

Last great slobber-knocker was that Seattle/SF title game.........this one wouldn't even have registered a blip on the slobber-knocker scale a decade ago.

I like a good defensive battle, but that game was just a case of "let's stack 8-9 men in the box because both these QBs are inept and can't beat us with their arm."

If every NFL game was like this the league would go belly-up.

• Haha (+1) 1

I agree with the OP.  As a Bills fan, this game was quite exciting.  They made Bortles beat them.  He did.  This time.  Barely.  

Heard all week about how Jacksonville was going to run the Bills right out of Florida in a blowout.  

It was a pathetic game to watch (and did with friends)......  We did get excited when Shady caught (and ran) for 40 only to again be killed by a penalty.

Bortles couldn't hit the broadside of a barn (and announcers were shaking their head in disgust), but the Bills somehow let him run (and he is not TT, Wilson or Newton) for 85+ yards, which was pathetic and was the reason the Bills lost.

Can't even give too much praise to the Buffalo defense as he was just so so bad......

OP who are these people who though the game was good?  It was just terrible. 

As a Bills fan, I found the game entertaining.  Any game in which I care about one of the teams and the teams are within one score for the entire game has drama and pressure.  I was on the edge of my seat and nervous the entire game.  That said, if I was not a Bills (or Jags) fan, I would have likely found the game to be boring and borderline unwatchable.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I had people at work tell me that the Jags/Bills game was terrible.  Have to agree with this if you're not a Bills or Jags fan.

IMO, Carolina/NO was the best game this weekend.

It was awful to watch. Boring with both qbs  terrible. The longest play of the game for the Bills gets called back. 1st and goal failure on both TT and RD. We basically have 2 offensive playmakers on this team. That's it! Rebuilding this offense will take 2 more years.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

50 minutes ago, Rico said:

... if you like old-school slobber-knockers, and I do.I’m hearing this a lot at work today here in Baltimore, and I have to agree. 

Very very boring FB game and would have not watched if i didnt have a rooting interest

57 minutes ago, Rico said:

... if you like old-school slobber-knockers  high school level quarterbacking, and I do.I’m hearing this a lot at work today here in Baltimore, and I have to agree. 

That was a horrible game to watch, plus the Bills lost which made it worse.

Edited by CodeMonkey

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was a pathetic game to watch (and did with friends)......  We did get excited when Shady caught (and ran) for 40 only to again be killed by a penalty.

Bortles couldn't hit the broadside of a barn (and announcers were shaking their head in disgust), but the Bills somehow let him run (and he is not TT, Wilson or Newton) for 85+ yards, which was pathetic and was the reason the Bills lost.

Can't even give too much praise to the Buffalo defense as he was just so so bad......

OP who are these people who though the game was good?  It was just terrible. 

Mostly Ravens/old Colts fans who’d rather watch 2 D’s slug it out than pinball scoring.

To  each their own. I think fantasy football is for chumps myself.:D