Watkins FA Value

Virgil

Now that Sammy’s season is over and Free Agency awaits him, I’m curious as to what his value will be. 

As a Bills fan, we saw glimpses of brilliance.  Many of us argued that his lack of production was because he was a decoy, we didn’t have a QB that could get him the ball, or he had nagging injuries. 

This seaon, all of those excuses were gone and he still disappears from games. I can’t understand how his obvious potential doesn’t sustain in games, but the result is what it is. 

To me, the 2nd round pick and Gaines was a robbery by us. 

With all of that, what kind of deal do you think he pulls in and where does he go?

I think he either settles for a 1 year deal or gets 3 years at 8-10 mil from someone like the Bears. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

I always believed that we ended up getting the better end of that trade and that time would eventually prove that to be the case.

I think the Rams will offer him around  $7m guaranteed with incentives that could push it to $10m

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Woods was the loss that hurt more. Sammy will get overpaid by someone. Hope it is not the Pats.  SF would seem to be a logical choice. They have the QB, cap space to overpay and a good coach/oc. 

Ya i'd rather have Woods as well. 

Hated trading Sammy at first but since everything glad Bill's did. Total me first player like Gilmore.

Thanks Marvin, Andy and Boyd.