Jags Fan here!

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fournette could have a monster day.

Looks like both DC should force respective quarterbacks to throw the ball, we have to go big on the line and crowd the box.  How many times are we going to have to read about Marcel Dareus trade blah blah blah.

I recall Marronne publicly dissing Bortles before the season started, Marrone has, lets say a unique manner about himself.  What do most Jax fans think of him, now that he is in the playoffs I assume they know love him.

....almost like he was trying to emulate Parcells with publicly negative psychology to motivate.......

I don't love the matchup for Buffalo.

If the Jags get their run game back to form it'll get ugly--Buffalo can't stop the run at all

I know Jacksonville's D vs Bills' O looks like a brutal mismatch, but Buffalo's O is odd; Tyrod manages to make plays against most teams despite not being a great QB.

For me, the key to the game will be if Buffalo can hit a few deep shots off PA, convert red zone opportunities, and create a few turnovers. If so, they'll have a chance.

Absolutely love the Jags D-line. Their ability to attack in both phases gives their back 7 so much flexibility 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't love the matchup for Buffalo.

If the Jags get their run game back to form it'll get ugly--Buffalo can't stop the run at all

I know Jacksonville's D vs Bills' O looks like a brutal mismatch, but Buffalo's O is odd; Tyrod manages to make plays against most teams despite not being a great QB.

For me, the key to the game will be if Buffalo can hit a few deep shots off PA, convert red zone opportunities, and create a few turnovers. If so, they'll have a chance.

Absolutely love the Jags D-line. Their ability to attack in both phases gives their back 7 so much flexibility 

...torn between my two biggest fears in this matchup........our run D Wikileaks version shows up and Fournette runs wild....OR.........we get the lead and McD/Dennison revert to "Jauron ball" and THEN Fournette shows up against a gassed D......the Fram oil guy said, "pay me now or pay me later".....I do NOT want to pay period..............

51 minutes ago, Sacksonville said:

Hey Bills fans,

I am one of the few that comes in peace. First off, congrats on making the playoffs. Must have been an amazing feeling seeing Dalton help clinch the playoffs for you all. That is awesome. 

About the game now. Jags definitely stumbled into the playoffs but I still feel they will play better come Sunday. We will see if that's good enough to win. Love what the Bills are doing on defense aside from the run defense. You think that's a big problem heading into the matchup?

Jags offense will have a tough time moving down the field if the run game can't get going. Looking forward to the matchup though. I think it will be a really close game. If the Bills win though, I hope they crush the Pats. 

Good luck to your Bills but obviously I am hoping for a Jags win. Should be fun. 

The Bills defense lacks talent in the front 7, so teams can move the ball between the 20's against them, especially in the run game. The Bills have a really solid secondary, though.

I think the run defense is the #1 problem for the Bills defense, but they got to 9 wins and in the playoffs with that problem by being opportunistic and creating turnovers, because they are well coached and fly to the ball.

I think this game will come down to which team makes less mistakes.

Thanks for stopping by.  Love that team you have over there.  Completely loaded on D. Can’t wait to steal Tevin Smith from you (even though the interviews I’ve seen of him are pretty bad).  He’s a baller, especially behind that d front.  

‘Marrone and Hackett suck. I think that’s our best chance come tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

I dont understand how so many football fans have no idea how the playoff seeding works. It boogles my mind.

The OP had it right.  He said he'd root for the Bills against the Pats.  He didn't say anything to indicate Jags/Pats.

This is more then most is all about the qb's/  Will Taylor be able to move the ball at all.   This could line up at one of his field goal only games.  On the other hand with Borltes implode against a patient Bills d and force a few throws , similar to Cutler's game in Buffalo.  If the latter happens then on to New England  

5 minutes ago, Idandria said:

What are your thoughts on Doug Marrone? He was hated when he was the coach in Buffalo. But alas, he's found success elsewhere.

...sorry, but I think that is inaccurate......his method of EXIT was hated but I don't recall a majority hating his COACHING.............

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry, but I think that is inaccurate......his method of EXIT was hated but I don't recall a majority hating his COACHING.............

I agree, the hate didn't start until the surprise resignation and I really cant blame him,,, after all it is business and he apparently didn't get along with Whaley.  Dumb contract for them to sign but that isn't Marrone's fault for taking advantage of it

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I think the media had already turned on him and the coverage was very negative.  The fans seemed split with the trend moving towards the media take.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sacksonville said:

I honestly have no idea which Bortles shows up. That will definitely probably be the deciding factor. I am just happy I get to watch a Jags playoff game. Been awhile. Not quite as long as 1999 but 2007 seems like forever ago as well. 

I hope your weekend is rife with sorrow and your team never gets back to the dance again.

I don't come in peace.

The Bills have NO PRESSURE on them whatsoever.

That alone is a major equalizer in the playoffs.

I am just going to have fun watching a playoff game, FOR ONCE and let the chips fall where they may.

If the Jags win, good luck in Pittsburgh, unless, of course, the Jags look like a bunch of thugs in beating Buffalo........... then screw the Jags, lol.

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

This is correct, for most fans I would think anyways. I think a lot of the "hate" if one would call it that, was with Hackett and his awful play calling. As I recall the only biggest problem with Marone was his "obviously" and "obvious" media addresses.

Hopefully you are ready for a lot of Bills fans there cause they are coming...

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is correct, for most fans I would think anyways. I think a lot of the "hate" if one would call it that, was with Hackett and his awful play calling. As I recall the only biggest problem with Marone was his "obviously" and "obvious" media addresses.

Yeah and that he acted like a giant douchebag at times...but as far as coaching we have had far worse.

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I for one wanted Marrone gone. I know many people were hesitant just because we have hit the reset so many times, and with new ownership the expectation was that he would keep the team stable during the transition.